• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carry-On Question

RosiePosie35

Mouseketeer
I am looking for some suggestions on a bag to purchase to use as a carry-on gear bag. I will be taking a D80, two lenses, a laptop, SB600 and an HD camcorder. Also included will be the various power supplies and chargers.

TIA

I'd put the chargers and any other bulky stuff that's cheap in your checked bag rather than lug it around. I just bought a Gura Gear Kiboko that is great for carrying photography gear on a plane or hiking around with it. It won't handle your laptop, though. Think Tank makes some really good travel bags that fit photo gear and a laptop.

If you don't need a backpack for field use, I would recommend that you get a relatively inexpensive non-photography carry on bag and buy a set of padded dividers for the interior. That's cheaper than buying a dedicated photo bag and the normal carry on won't scream "steal me" like photo bags do.

We have a Lowepro Micro Trekker 200. Unfortunately there is no room for a laptop, but everything else should fit quite nicely. I agree with Mark - put your chargers etc., in your checked luggage.

18-1963-IMG1.jpeg
18-1963-IMG2.jpeg
18-1963-IMG3.jpeg

I use a Kata R-103. It is a little large for general carry, but I find it works well for traveling and carry on. Lots of room for cameras, lenses, video, laptop and accessories. Offers great protection for equipment.

r-103-lg.jpg

Tom pirate:

I have the Lowepro Fastpack 350. It holds my camera and 3 lenses, plus my laptop. I got it for when we go to WDW this Dec, so it would be one less bag to take as a carry on for the computer. I have already flown once with it and it worked out great. When I went out with my camera gear I left the laptop at the house so it was a lot lighter.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Fastpack-350,2087,14.htm

Sorry, I can't figure out how to get the picture from the website in the post but the link is above.

Those Kata bags always seem to get really positive reviews. Maybe I should check one out. I have a similar need for a bigger bag.

Thanks so much for the great suggestions. :yay:

YesDear. The laptop is a T61 Thinkpad at 14 inches. It is also on the heavy side compared to similar products.

I have some shopping to do now.

I purchased a Lowepro CompuDaypack for traveling... It hold all of the above mentioned items... It is very comfy to have on your back and holds a lot of stuff... The onlything missing fro me was straps to hold a tripod, but i sewed those on so now it works perfect for me...

18-1922-IMG1.jpeg

Here is the link... Lowepro CompuDaypack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter