Carrots @ Cinderella's Royal Table - How do they do it?

jeters_boy

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know how they cook the carrots at Cinderella's Royal Table? Was there last week and had them with the chicken. Best carrots I've ever had and now trying to recreate them at home!

I don't know how they cooked them, but I had them last week, too, and they were amazing. They are mini carrots, not normal sized ones, and not baby carrot pieces. I think they were just steamed. I picked up some at Trader Joe's today and I am going to experiment with them.

They could be Sous Vide'ed en masse (http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/06/how-to-sous-vide-carrots-vegetables.html) ahead of time and then held at a lower temperature or reheated completely under vacuum before service? If I had hundreds of portions of carrots to make every day that's what I'd do especially if I had the pro equipment/toys that's likely in the Disney kitchens. It also makes carrots taste great, they end up cooking in their own juices and any other fat/aromatics they put in the hi-temp food grade plastic bags.

Immersion Circulators appear to be more an more prevalent each time I go down, the most obvious was San Angel Inn which was using them for their steaks, it gives them so much room for timing/holding in addition to precise temperature control and edge to edge perfect doneness that it's it'd be hard not to use them when serving food at that scale and pace.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I have tried steaming mid-sized rainbow carrots, and I've got the texture almost identical to the ones at CRT. But I'm still not nailing the flavor. What do you guys think they're seasoning them with? You think it's just a little butter and salt, or something else?

1) Actually, I think they grow them that way.
2) As I understand it,
. . . first, the carrots have been cross-bred over a period of many growing seasons in the Castle Garden
. . . then, a special fertilizer with Pixie Dust mixed-in is sprinkled on the carrots after seeding
. . . voila!

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter