Carribean Island like Castaway Cay?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
We took our first DCL cruise last October. Since then, I have often told people I could have sailed to CC and stayed there for a week. I've seen Kauai once and Maui twice and I thought CC was just as beautiful and a lot closer for us!

So I'm curious, are there any islands that are like CC? Beautiful, tropical with clear blue water?

I have not been to any of the Cayman Islands other than Grand Cayman, but I have a feeling the smaller 2 islands would be a lot like CC. Grand Cayman was absolutely stunning.

St John, USVI. My favorite island anywhere.

Jill in CO

Anyone have any hotel/resort recommendations for places in the Caribbean that have beaches like Castaway Cay? I promise to go on more cruises, but I'd love to loll about on the nice beach and bob in the water steps outside my hotel, too. I've been to Jamaica and Freeport, neither of the places I went had nice sand beaches (too rocky or coral-y).

Thanks!

St. John. Jost Van Dyke. Virgin Gorda. Congo and Lovango Cays. Sandy Cay. I've been to all of them and they're all as beautiful if not more so. The Turks and Caicos are supposed to be amazing, as is Antigua.

Providenciales, Turks and Caicos is the absolute best. Not very developed or crowded and no other island can compare. Very secluded white sand beaches. A lot to explore...pirate caves, etc. If you are looking for luxury resorts, this is also the place.

Anyone have any hotel/resort recommendations for places in the Caribbean that have beaches like Castaway Cay? I promise to go on more cruises, but I'd love to loll about on the nice beach and bob in the water steps outside my hotel, too. I've been to Jamaica and Freeport, neither of the places I went had nice sand beaches (too rocky or coral-y). Thanks!

Somerset on Grace Bay (Turks and Caicos) is great. Google Sapodilla Bay, Taylor Bay and Grace Bay beaches and take a look at the photos. The beaches are very white with the consistency of flour.

Every time we visit St John for the day, we say we would love to stay for a week. Woody

We are spending 9 nights there in June. Can't wait. Better than paying Fantasy prices!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh these places sound wonderful!

Any hotel recommendations on St. John's or Turks and Caicos? We're a family of 5 so we're looking for nice but definitely not luxury hotels.

Every year we visit playa del carmen mexico, right across the water from cozumel. We stay in the "playacar" area of hotels, they all are along the beach, and the beaches and water is great, beautiful, and a true paradise. We have a timeshare at Occidental Allegro Playacar so we usually use this. We have day-visited barbados and the sand was so soft, and the water was so blue, same with antigua. No hotel recommendations there, except for a southern caribbean cruise out of puerto rico! A different island a day is amazing! The beaches in aruba and curaçao are great, but they see a lot of boat pollution ruining the water. Visiting any primarily-non-volcanic island is key, and staying at a hotel that is more inlet or in a bay will have calm waters, there are beautiful beaches all over.

Half moon Cay Bahamas, the Carnival private island. No peddlers on the beach, Margaritaville was fun. Not a hussle bussle type of port.

We love St. John and many other Caribbean islands that we've visited (Virgin Gorda was fantastic!), but most recently we spent almost a week on Anguilla. Truly the most beautiful beaches ever...softest sand, turquoise water! We stayed on Mead's Bay...could walk down the beach to fabulous restaurants or the the Viceroy resort to have a drink at sunset. If you are looking to purely relax on a gorgeous beach, Anguilla is the place for you!

Bermuda is also very beautiful with very little crime and gorgeous pink sand beaches.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter