Carribean Beach Resort ?s

FutureBrideOfMike

Mouseketeer
I never hear much about this resort.
I was checking into it bc I like the beach type theme and the fact that it seems pretty close to Epcot.

For those of you who have stayed there...
1. How easy is it to get to Epcot from there?
2. What about transportation to other parks?
3. How is the theming?
4. Do you have any photos of the rooms?
5. What is the best area to stay within the resort?
6. How is the food and service?

Help me decide if this is right for me?!?

Thanks!

I've never stayed there but I can comment on its location and the transportation. It is close to Epcot and Studios but you can't really walk to either. It is "land-locked"- you must drive a car or take a bus to every park, water park and DTD.

Many people call CBR their favorite resort. You might want to read the CBR FAQ II thread below for all sorts of good information about the resort.

I also have pictures of CBR up on my website listed below. There is also a map of the resort on my site also.

FutureBrideOfMike said:
I never hear much about this resort.
I was checking into it bc I like the beach type theme and the fact that it seems pretty close to Epcot.

For those of you who have stayed there...
1. How easy is it to get to Epcot from there?
2. What about transportation to other parks?
3. How is the theming?
4. Do you have any photos of the rooms?
5. What is the best area to stay within the resort?
6. How is the food and service?

Help me decide if this is right for me?!?

Thanks!

We love CBR! We were there in April last year, busy season, and it was great. Bus transportation to the parks is great -- never had long waits, lots of buses. The theming is great -- we went back to the resort each afternoon for a break, and it was like a vacation within our vacation. White-sand beaches, hammocks and beach chairs, the food court was great, gift shops and a game arcade, the pools, boat rentals on the resort's own 45-acre lake, and the beautiful 1.4-mile Promenade walkway around the lake -- we love it!

If you want to guarantee a location close to the food court and main pool, get a preferred location room (Trinidad North, or the 3 closest Martinique buildings). Otherwise, if you can get Jamaica or Aruba, you won't have a long walk.

I have photos of the rooms also on the link below.

We've stayed at the CBR countless times and keep finding ourselves going back! I like staying at Jamaica the best (I love the blue and yellow colors), but Aruba (next to Jamaica) is also a good location. They are both right across the lake from Old Port Royale, where the food, shops, and main pool area are. Some people think the resort is too big, but I enjoy a walk in the fresh Florida sunshine on my way to some good breakfast! Buses take you everywhere and the service is pretty good. The best part about the resort is the theming - over the years, the foliage has gotten denser and greener and it's so beautiful. The buildings are all bright, cheery Caribbean colors, and there is steel drum music playing softly all over the place, too. (I asked in the gift shop last time - it's not for sale.) Enjoy your stay!

:)
Me and my family hav stayed at the carribean beach only once and although it said it was an epcot resort it is actually closer to MGM. The buses where fine for going on some occasions but were mainly busy so we kept bus traviling to a minimum. We liked the trinidad village (we stayed in north) because at night you can lie on the beach and watch the epcot illuminations. the service was great and it was a pleasent saty as it was the first time we had stayed at a disney resort even thou we had been to disney 6 times. :)

I stayed here last trip and will not go back. I'll warn you now that transportation was absolutely horrible! I would suggest renting a car. I never understood why people would need to do that until I stayed at CBR. That was the worst part. The theming was nice but somewhat disappointing, although the hammocks were really nice. Service was very poor. So, thats just the opinion of my family and I. Be prepared for a very large resort and good luck with your decision!

I haven't stayed at CBR, but found out lots about it on the FAQ thread. I am so excited to be staying there soon. You'll find lots of info about just about any resort right here on this board. Happy hunting!

We were just their in Sept. 06. We love this resort. Very tropical and bright. Lots of scenery. It is a large Resort spread out over 300 acres or so. Buses are frequent to all parks. You may want the peace and quiet away from the main pool at Old port Royale, if so, Aruba or Jamaica would be great choices. It is just south of Epcot and west of MGM Studios. Very central to all parks. If you click on my photo in my signature it will take you to our Sept 2006 photos of CBR, go under my shots and alblums. Hope that helps. If you have any questions, send me a PEM. :thumbsup2

We just returned from 9 nights at CBR and loved loved loved it!!

I booked a standard room and upon arrival we were upgraded to a wonderful ground floor preferred room in Martinique. We walked in to the room and found a towel animal waiting on the bed! :love:

It is a large resort, but the size didn't really bother us at all. The bus ride didn't seem any longer than the ride at POFQ/POR. We walked to the food court in the morning for breakfast, and at night to get coffee and hot cocoa. There's a spot in front of Old Port Royal (which houses the food court, gift shop and main pool) where you can see the Epcot globe! Loved the hammocks, the palm trees, the buildings, everything about the theming! CM's were all wonderful.

We rented a car just to use for offsite trips to Sea World and Kennedy Space Center, and I found CBR to be wonderfully located for this. It's really easy to get to the highway and get back at night without getting all turned around.

After staying in Martinique, I think that paying extra for a preferred location is well worth the expense simply because of proximity to the food court and being the first stops on and off the bus. Can't beat that!

We've already booked WL for next summer, but I'm seriously considering going back to CBR. We loved that place!!

I am always amazed to hear complaints about the bus service at CBR as we have stayed there countless times for long stays and never had a problem. Many times we walk up just as our bus is pulling in. We do rent a car simply because it is easier to get to other resorts by car but other than that we never use it. We never go peak season when the crowds are huge but they always say the resort is sold out whenever we are there.

P.S. We love everything about the resort and we head down again tomorrow afternoon for a nine day stay. Cannot wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter