Carribean Beach Experts

lizzie84

Earning My Ears
My family and I are planning a trip to Disney for sometime next April. We are planning on staying at the Carribean Beach Resort because I've heard such great things about it at this board. I had a few questions and was wondering if someone could please help me out.

We need a non-smoking building. Are there any non-smoking buildings at this resort?

We will not be taking the bus, but will be driving to and from the parks. So any feed back on what building are close to parking lots, as well as the food court would be great.

Any other info you can provide would be great. We will be traveling with a 3 and 4 year old.

Thanks so much to all of you out there!

...are Martinique or Jamaica ~ they are the closest to OPR. But, I'm sure that Seaspray can help you out better that I can....:D !

I agree with kimmar067, Martinique is your best bet to be close to main pool and food court. Not sure where parking is but building 26 is near the road so I would say the parking is near there. We requested Jamaica 45 because it is close to the first bus stop and we thought we would enjoy walking across the island to the food court and main pool, heard it is beautiful.

Here is a link to a CBR map if that helps.

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/cbmap.html

I always rent a car in Orlando. You can drive to all your destinations but it is easier to take Disney busses to the Magic Kingdom. If you take your car to the MK you have to park in the main lot and take a shuttle/or walk to the ticket and transportation center where you need to wait in line ( sometimes) to take the monorail or Ferry around/across the lake to the MK. If you take the bus you wait at the bus stop at Carribean Beach and then the bus drives to the MK where you get off near the entrance to the park.
Matriniques and Trinidad North are closest to The food court.

I agree with daannzzz the buses at CBR worked out wonderful for us last Dec. We stayed in Marinique as well and loved it ! Have a great time !

We stayed at CBR in June(Aruba 54, non-smoking). The parking lots are behind your respective building. We rented a car and never moved it. I agree the bus transportation was fantastic. We were dropped off at each park's main entrance. At the end of each day we were glad to let someone else do the driving. Aruba was the second bus stop and we always got seats to the parks. Never waited more than 10 minutes.

Martinique and Trinidad North are on either side of Old Port Royale, Jamaica is right across the bridge from it. Martinique 26 is the closest building to OPR, its literally right next door to it! I'm on medication right now and feeling groggy so I can't recall if its a smoking or non smoking building. I do know for sure that Martinique 25 is NON smoking and also VERY close to OPR.
I dont know of any buildings that are far from the parking lots, although some just a few steps closer to the parking lots than others.

I hope this helps, and have a wonderful trip! :D

Just got back. Stayed in Trinidad North 3308. This was a non smoking building, corner room, first floor, right next to a bus stop. I mean when I left my room, I could be at the bus stop in 5 seconds. I liked this room because we also had our car with us and I could see my car from the room. If you want to be close to a bus this was great. It was still a bit of a walk to the food court. Not bad but not close either. Martinique 25 is the closest.

...to say, except that I can't believe that I will be checking into CBR in:

4 days - 12 hours - 11 minutes - Yippee!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

(P.S. - Hope I get Martinique 25!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter