Carribean Beach: Downsides?

betsywetsy37

Earning My Ears
I know that a lot of people have really liked the resort but does anyone have any gripes? Even small stuff would be helpful. Thanks!

I suggest you do a search. This topic was discussed just a couple of weeks ago. I also suggest looking at the CBR FAQ thread. The link is listed below. Start at the end and work your way forward and you will receive lots of good information about CBR.

when do I request where I want to stay there, like in Jamaica? The reservations are already made, they said they would "note" it on the reservation but don't get a list of people checking in until a day or 2 before they do?

That is correct information. The resort usually "gets" the reservation 3-4 days ahead of your arrival. If it is noted in your reservation they will see that when they go to assign the rooms.

You can also make a request at check in. The CM's are great at granting requests at check in.

You will love CBR.

Back to the gripes, you do alot of walking at this resort, it is very spread out! It takes you 20 min just to get out of the hotel parking lot using the Disney Bus Service, depending on what time of the year you stay. But, I do think this is a nice place to stay, had a great time!

I agree that getting around this resort or even out of it takes lot's of time. I was not happy with our room, it was dark, worn and it had a terrible smell (I can't say it smelled like smoke, it was a very odd odor, yuck). This was a smoking room as they had put us originally very far away from the main pool even though I requested certain buildings. This was all that was available that was anywhere near the mail pool (Aruba 51, I think it was). We had to walk thru two parking lots to get to the bus stop and we did not enjoy the walk thru the Island to the food court and pool. We changed resorts after one night. Of course this is my opinion and I know that many love this resort. If staying at CBR I suggest having your own car.

We stayed at CBR in June 2000 and loved it. We requested the Jamaica section as we didn't want to be right on top of the food court and themed pool as it seems that is where the families like to stay. Being we were a couple we wanted something a little further away. Jamaica was perfect! The buildings are such a soft shade of yellow and blue. It was a short walk across the bridge to OPR if we wanted to do some shopping or eat. Otherwise, during our visit the buses picked our section up first and dropped off first. I know people posted that it is hard to get around the resort but we didn't walk around the entire perimeter so I can't comment. For us, it was not a long walk, very convenient and nice grounds.
We also didn't care for the food court. But otherwise, the resort is really nice and has been refurbished since my visit in 2000. WE hope to stay there again! Good Luck!

Nice resort if you don't mind walking. Too many birds though, don't try and eat outside.

:D

I stayed at the CBR in 1999 and the only thing that I don't like about it is the main pool. I thought it was too small. I didn't even swim in it because it was always so crowded during my stay there. After staying at the Coronado Springs in 2002, I also think the CBR could have a little more variety like the CSR, but that isn't a really big deal to me. The resort is beautiful and despite the small pool, I would stay there agin in the future.

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

Martinique is close to Old Port Royal (where you have to go to eat, or gift shop, or pick up packages) It is very spread out. We stayed in Jamaica (Martinique was "noted" and we didn't get it) It was a loooooong confusing-maze like walk to go to a pool or eat. Our bus stop however was very close- which was great! I prefer to save the walking for the parks. But our room was great, we faced a court yard we couldnt see because the bushes were so high-LOL!

I would stay there again, as I feel now that I know what I am in for. I would stay in Martinique if I had it to do over again. Our next trip I think might be in PO French Quarter.

We stayed at CBR a few years back and said we'd probably not stay there again. The pool was our main problem It was small and the slide was short. I've heard a lot of complaints about the long walks at CSR, but this resort seemed bigger and more spread out. I do think the lake is larger than at CSR. Just my opinion.Everyone has their favorites for their own reasons....

I stayed there with my daughter last summer on the Fairytale package. It was surprisingly very pleasant. The room was bright, clean and well themed. We were in the building next to the center with the restaurants and pool, so the walking wasn't too bad for us . However, some buildings were so far away, it looked like they would need a bus to get to the center. The pool was cute, but small and loaded with so many kids, at times it was impossible to swim. The hot tub was very small and looked septic, loaded with little kids, if you get my drift. However, the single greatest detraction to our staying there again was the bus service.....horrible. However, if you have your own car, that might not be an issue for you. It really was a cute resort. Try for a corner room. The extra windows made it even more inviting.

The food court was redone and opened in 2003. Also I think the bird problem is much worse at CSR for eating outside.

I have heard good and bad about the bus service at CBR. You could ask two people that stayed at the same time and get two different answers.

We won't stay there again... it's just too far away. It took forever to refill drinks, visit the lake, or get to the busses. Then it seemed like we were on the buses for an hour to get to the park. The accomodations themselves are really nice, we didn't have complaints with our rooms, but we didnt take advantage of the amentities because it was just too far.

Time in money, to me, and the less time I'm traveling to my destination, the more money I save =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter