Carriage Ride at FW

kalc12345

DIS Veteran
If you have did the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness, would you recommend it? Is it worth the money? I have one booked for Nov 17th at 5:30. I am just now starting to second guess it. Will there be campsites decorated for Christmas at that time? If you have any experiences with it please share them. Thanks ;)

We took the horse and carriage ride through Fort Wilderness this past May. While we enjoyed it, I think if we did it again we would go to Port Orleans for it as the loops you travel through were so dark; not much to see. Having said that, if the sites were decked out in Christmas lights and decorations, that would make for a great ride. The only other thing I can say is that our carriage driver was very quiet; nice but quiet. I thought she might have some fun facts about Fort Wilderness but nope. In the end, give it a try if you have never done it before.

This is on my to do list. One trip we will squeeze it in. I would do the one at WL.

We have done it twice, both times in April after HDDR. We loved it! We had 2 different drivers who were both very informative and pointed out many things and told about the history of the property. My only word of caution is for whatever reason the second time we did it the ride triggered my DD allergies and she was congested over the next few days. Other than that issue which may not be relevant in December I would absolutely recommend.

We have stayed at the Cabins at FW twice in early Nov and many of the campsites had Christmas decorations up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter