carraige rides at POR

tgiving cruisers

Earning My Ears
we are staying at POR in june. we have stayed here several times and have never done the carraige rides. i thought it might be a nice treat for my kids. has anyone ever done them? is it worth the $? do you need advanced reservations?
thanks for your help.

We just did this last week and it was great! We were staying at POR celebrating our 10th anniversary :love: and had not taken a carriage ride since our wedding night..ahhh...amor.... :goodvibes

Anyway...yes, we loved it. We had ours planned for just at dusk, so it was great with the sun setting and lights just coming on, and dark by the time we returned. Our driver took our picture together for us, and we headed off for a very relaxing ride. We clip-clopped along the river, toured through the French Quarter, got a really nice photo of our POR mansion from the carriage. Everyone we passed would stop and enjoy the sight of the horse and carriage.

I had reservations for our arrival night...which was great because then all week when we would hear the clip clops of the horse...it was a great reminder of our own ride...commence mushiness :lovestruc

Hi! We also did the carraige ride when we were down in Disney about a month ago. It was a surprise for our DD who was turning 5 while we were down there, and she LOVED it. It was so funny, because we didn't tell her before we were going, and there we were sitting at the POR waiting for the horse and carriage to come trotting along, and as soon as she saw it, she says to me "mommy, can we go for a ride on that", it was great being able to say "yes, that's why we're here - surprise!!". Yes, you need advance reservations, I beleive I just called the same number as for the dining reservations. Have fun!!

We did not get to do it as all the time slots were full so yes, I would say do an advance reservation. They told us that occasionally they can take some walk-ups but could not while we were there. I really regret that we did not do this as it looked so enjoyable.

Princesa said:
We had ours planned for just at dusk, so it was great with the sun setting and lights just coming on, and dark by the time we returned.

What time was your reservation?

Also, does anyone know how far in advance you can reserve?

We enjoyed our carriage ride last May. We booked it just like a ps, so maybe it was 90 days out?

How long does the carriage ride last? Does it leave from POR? Where does it go?

We didn't get to ride in a carriage but would see them while we were out walking. It left from POR by the marina, and we saw it across the river by the mansions and would also see it going through POFQ.

We did the carriage ride there two weeks ago. It was beautiful. Definitely worth the money. I would recommend making advanced reservations. The night we rode (a Monday night) both carriages were totally booked.

Just FYI the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness is also very nice.

I believe our reservation was for 8:00 and this was the 15th of May. I actually asked when booking (maybe six weeks earlier?) when they projected sunset (and they knew--that right there was a miracle I thought :) ) so I booked it around that.

The week we were there they had no walk-up openings so definately go with the reservation. :thumbsup2

:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter