Carousel of Progress

SteveInOmaha

Mouseketeer
It's been 8 yrs. since our last WDW trip. CoP was on again/off again during that trip. What's the status these days?

It's a sentimental thing with me because as a child I rode CoP at the New York World's Fair.

Steve in Omaha

It's been 8 yrs. since our last WDW trip. CoP was on again/off again during that trip. What's the status these days? It's a sentimental thing with me because as a child I rode CoP at the New York World's Fair. Steve in Omaha

This is my 12 year olds favorite ride. Since he was in second grade. Lol

Just did CoP last Sunday, for the first time in fifteen years. My dd17 loved it. I love the whole World's Fair/Disney connection with that ride and my dd thought that was really interesting as well. It was fun to revisit a ride that we haven't been on in a long time. Well worth it!

Wasn't there just a thread where a DISer was stuck in the 4th scene for a while?

In all my WDW trips, I've never done this ride (is it a ride?) and have idea where it is. Near Buzz Lightyear is my guess?! No desire to check it out.

It's been 8 yrs. since our last WDW trip. CoP was on again/off again during that trip. What's the status these days?

It's a sentimental thing with me because as a child I rode CoP at the New York World's Fair.

Steve in Omaha

How cool is that, I was only 3 years old in "64" and could not attend. Would have loved to have been there. I always ride CoP when in WDW because of the history. From NY to Anaheim and then to finally settle in florida. Hope it is up and running when you get there! :cool1: :woohoo: :yay:

We just did it for the very first time and loved it!! At first I thought it was going to be boring....but even my 4 year old and 7 year old sat and listened/watched the whole thing!!

My parents took me to WDW only once when I was 11. CoP was probably my favourite thing on that trip! Ironically, as an adult who as been back to WDW numerous times, I haven't been on CoP since that one time as a child. I look forward to doing CoP again on our upcoming trip in June, 2014! :cool1:

Was working fine a couple of weeks ago. For some reason I love this ride, although they need to update it to today not just early to mid 90's. :)

Who needs the headliner attractions, CoP is a must do for DH. If he doesn't get to see it, I believe his whole trip would be ruined. We just saw it in November and will see it again in January. Then he has to go "cold turkey" until next fall.

1) CoP is still there.
. . . it is still running.
. . . it is seldom crowded.
2) Great to get out of the heat for 20-min & 45-sec.
3) Yep, a little outdated for the final scene.
4) But, my favorite ride on all of WDW, due to nostalgia.
5) I saw this at the 1964 World's Fair and have been in love with it since.

Glad to see I'm not the only one! Rode it at the '64 World's Fair and continue to ride every visit to WDW. Does need some updating, but will continue to ride every visit.

There are 2 rides that are *must do's* every single time we go to Magic Kingdom, and those are Haunted Mansion and Carousel of Progress. No trip would be complete without either one! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter