Carousel of Progress Fans

Great News!! Maybe Disney is projecting attendance levels to be up this summer. Next thing you know longer hours............

I just checked the hours for June on the Disney website and they ARE longer... no more "closing at 8pm" nonsense at the Magic Kingdom! Now if Accuweather would just stop insisting that it's going to rain every minute I am there...

:mad: Sorry, but it is rainy season down here now, but don't be too upset, you may get showers everyday, but they don't last long. Sometimes a s little as 20 minutes, but it can really come down in that time. But then the sun comes right back out again! have a great time! :p

Thanks, Mitros. As you are right there in Florida, I will believe what you say instead of that nasty Accuweather... We don't mind the usual Florida afternoon showers... thta's when we rest. What I fear is the all-day rain that occasionally descends and won't leave! My two little ones love to swim and so sunshine is a big part of our plans.

See you at WDW!

I can't wait til July. The last couple of trips we have tried to go on COP and for one reason or another it was closed because of mechanical issues. My DD rode years ago but my DS can't remember it because he was so young. But boy do the know the song! It's one of our favorites! Great big beautiful tomorrow!

The voice of the father/narrator is that of Jean Shepherd who is now deceased.
He has always been one of my favorite humorists having been introduced to him while hiding my radio under the covers at night when my mom thought I was asleep.
Hearing the voice behind the animatronic and knowing it is Jean has always been a thrill along with the history lesson I share with my daughters every time we go on the attraction.
Has anybody also noticed that CoP is open till 8PM, not the usual 11AM-5PM limited opening.

Don't blame Disney for having the summer season go until only mid-August, blame the school systems. Here the schools start back on August 11th. What's up with that?!?!?!?

Originally posted by BrianD
Don't blame Disney for having the summer season go until only mid-August, blame the school systems. Here the schools start back on August 11th. What's up with that?!?!?!?

Thats down south...up north we're not back until after Labor day :)

The reason for early going back is because of early getting out in May.:)

It sure would be nice if it was open when we are there in September. The last 2 years when we were there it was closed for our whole 10 day stays . We used to love to see this show on every visit.

Carousel of Progress is an example of some laziness on Disney's behalf. It could easily be updated to include several new scenes. It's not a bad attraction.

"Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing."
-Vince Lombardi

I don't think anyone answered the question of when the song was changed back to the old one....which was some time in the 90's. I'm pretty sure it was "Now is the Time" in 92 and 94, but "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" in 1999....just recalling from my own trips. It's possible though that the rehab was between 92 and 94......

I do know that the songs my dh and I brought home with us from our honeymoon (that just stuck in our heads endlessly )were "Now is the Time" and the Tiki Room song.... we were kind of shocked to return and find both songs gone (or mostly gone...as with the Tiki room) on one of our later trips.

I'm pretty sure it was "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" in '93, as that's the only time I can ever remember going on it and I'm pretty sure that was the song. I REALLY hope it's open in Sept., which will be our final trip for 3 or 4 years. We were there Oct, Jan, and May, and of course it wasn't open any of those times.

Originally posted by David in Manassas
I hate to say it cause it makes me ancient but this 8 year old boy in 1964 remembers riding it at the NY Worlds Fair...it made such an impression on me that I can rememember doing it to this date....funny thing..the only things I can definitely remember about the fair were: GE Carousel of Progress, PepsiCola/Unicef It's a Small World, Ford's Magic Skyway, GM Futurama?, the Dupont pavilion and the At&T one.....we didn't see the illinois one with Lincoln...

David

I was 13 and went to the Worlds Fair alone as well as a Mets game. I remember all the shows you mentioned but nothing else. I rode COP last week for the first time in years. The theater was half full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter