Carousel of Progress - Are they wearing rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoan & Poopie

Mouseketeer
Maybe an odd observation but DW pointed out on our past two trips that she seems to be sure that the Mrs. and possibly Mr. "Carousel" (Do they have a last name?:confused3) are not wearing any wedding bands/rings on their fingers? We usually sit in the back row so maybe we just couldn't see them.

Anyone have confirmation on this?

I tried getting a picture (w/o flash of course) but it wasn't good enough to tell.

Thanks

do people even wear them today?

Yes. Many people who honor their wedding vows, spouses and the meaning of being married do wear them. They are a symbol of commitment to your spouse and for a lot of us God. I wear mine proudly because I am proud of my spouse.

I do not know if they wear wedding bands. I have never looked.

do people even wear them today?

There are still those committed to marriage and who go through a double ring ceremony... Was that really necessary to post?

I don't recall if they have on rings or not. Have you tried pulling the ride up on YouTube???

Honestly, I want to say they do. I think I noticed a simple gold band on "Mr. Carousel" in one of the older scenes. Don't quote me, though.

The guy I sit next to at work has been married for at least 35 years, raised 4 great kids into successful adults, I've never seen anyone more committed to his religion and marriage. He and his wife renewed their vows at the Cathedral at Notre Dame a few years ago (when one of his kids graduated from there). He does't wear a ring or any jewelry, not even a watch because it bothers him. Doesn't mean he's less committed.

There are still those committed to marriage and who go through a double ring ceremony... Was that really necessary to post?

Was it really necessary for you and the previous poster to be condescending and act like someone who doesn't feel the need to wear a ring is somehow not as good as you and doesn't care about their marriage. You are the ones out of line.

Yes, at least the man has one on. We usually sit on the front row and I remember seeing a simple gold band on his hand.

Was it really necessary for you and the previous poster to be condescending and act like someone who doesn't feel the need to wear a ring is somehow not as good as you and doesn't care about their marriage. You are the ones out of line.

Ah, but as I stated "double ring ceremony". Doesn't that say enough?

Not everyone exchanges rings, but I would assume the Disney would include the back story of rings being that Walt held traditional family values close to his heart.

Again, this is a discussion board. What's to say that I can't be offended about someone's post and ask them about it?

Well I was offended by your post (although moreso by the previous poster) and was letting you know that your attitudes are off-putting and I'm sure you don't realize it.

Oh good grief! This is so ridiculous. I make mention that some people take place in a double ring ceremony to show their commitment and I'm getting flamed for a bad attitude? Never did I say that people who wear rings are any better than people who don't. DOUBLE RING ceremony... commitment... bad person. I get it.

look basically both sides are out of line.. The OP asked a simple question. They didn't ask for numptial opinions.

There are still those committed to marriage

This is what you posted. Is it out of line for me to think this implies that those who don't wear their rings are less committed to marriage? If you meant something completely different, you misspoke (typed).

I notice you didn't include the rest of that sentence in your quotation... Take it as you are going to take it and leave it at that.

I stand by my statement and have no regrets for saying so. I also stand by my statement of checking YouTube to see if OPs answer can be attained.

You're being disingenuous. The implication of that statement is clear and if you can't see why that attitude is offensive and narrow minded, I don't know what to tell you. I was just trying to help you see how the way you express yourself on this topic doesn't come off well to a lot of people. And I told you I had more of a problem with what the person before you said, but you don't want to hear that.

My DH doesn't wear his ring because it is not safe. It could cause him to loose a finger at work, and is not allowed when he is in the manufacturing area. He goes out multiple times a day, and it is not practical to remove it every time. He is very much committed to our marriage, but would also like to keep all of his fingers in working order! My mom doesn't wear one for similar reasons. It would be quickly ruined at work. Again she is totally committed to her 33 year marriage to my dad.

I did see that you were offended by both posts, I do proofread the statements before I respond.

You judged me just as much as you accuse me of being judgemental. If I'm offensive for believing that wearing your wedding ring is sign of commitment, then I'm guilty. Call me old fashioned. I don't believe it shows you are committed any more or any less than the other guy, whether or not that's what you believe I inferred. The sentence in question was my complete thought, not broken up by a comma, separating two thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter