Carousel Inn- Opinions?

TeaToo!

"You're just another part of me..."
Ive stayed there once a long while ago and am debating on staying there again this April. Any opinions? Thanks!

The beds are super comfy, the rooms are very very clean and it is super close to the park for walking distance. They have free continental breakfasts, and its right beside a late night convenient store which is attached to the next door neighbour hotel "The Tropicana". So if you need that drink on the way to the park, some emergency band-aids or a hat or even something on the way back at the end of the day to much on, its right there. They have a roof top pool which is small, but its out of the way so you dont have a big crowd of people around you either when you want more privacy.

My son and I stayed there two summers ago... True beds were totally comfy, in room fridge and microwave helped save some money. We found the free breakfast skimpy and so crowded we skipped it most of the time. The room was a big tight - we had 2 queen beds (maybe doubles, I don't recall) but if there had been more than 2 of us in the room it would have been really hard to make it work. It's a great place to stay to be close to the parks, really quick walk to get there. Other perk was watching the fireworks from the breakfast room or rooftop area!

I'd stay again... we don't spend much time in our room

We stayed there in December 2008 and it was fine. Not luxury, of course, but clean and convenient. Our family is two adults and two kids (4 & 8) and we were perfectly comfortable. The walk is maybe five minutes to the gate. It's also nice that there is a Quizno's right there.

I agree with the PP about the fireworks. It was really comfy to watch the fireworks from the breakfast room.

The only criticism I have is with the breakfast. The selection was not so great and you really needed to get there early to get decent stuff. This is not a deal-breaker, plus I'm sure that's fairly typical for continental breakfasts.

Have fun!

My family stayed there about two years ago. We had a kids suite which was great. The only downside was our room was right next to the elevator so we heard people tromping by at all hours. Like PP said breakfast was okay, nothing spectacular. I thought for what we paid it was a good deal. Can't get much closer unless you stay onsite. The pool was okay, must have been heated because the kids swam in it in January.:eek:

How early do you have to get there to have a good selection of food? That worries me as we are staying there in a month and planned to eat our breakfast at the hotel.

How early do you have to get there to have a good selection of food? That worries me as we are staying there in a month and planned to eat our breakfast at the hotel.

You should call up the Carousel and ask. But if I recall correctly you have to have breakfast by 10am. Also you have to go to the breakfast room and eat it there, you cant just fill up a try and bring it back to your room. They wont let you do that. But from what I remember they had a small but decent selection of muffins and pastery, fruit coffee, teas and juice.

Some rooms depending on what kind of room your staying in, will give you free hot breakfast wraps.

Hi,
Has anyone stayed in their concierge rooms? what do you get with them? thanks so much in advance~! :)

I'm wondering about concierge rooms too. We just booked the Carousel yesterday and got a free upgrade to concierge (love free upgrades ;P).
We originally were going to go with the Park Vue Inn (for cost and location) but they REFUSED! to guarantee a handicap accessible room or even a ground floor room (really, do they expect someone totally wheelchair bound with no use of his legs (or arms for that matter) to drag themselves up stairs???). I was so annoyed!
But the people at Carousel Inn were SO NICE and very understanding about the wheelchair issue! So we went with them :) I really hope it's nicer than some of the reviews. Right now, I have on rose colored glasses....and will probably keep them on since they were so nice :)

The last rooms I was in were the concierge. They are near the back of the complex which is nice as it is away from the noise of the street, and there arnt many people around you so you wont hear much traffic walking passed your room, or banging of the walls from others around you. The rooms are a little bit bigger then the regular rooms. Some of the online pics show hard wood floors, but for us this was not the case they were still carpet. But the bathroom areas were all nice and granite. Note that some of the concierge rooms are on the 2nd floor and there is no elevator. The rooms come with white robes and slippers. It wasnt a HUGE upgrade from a regular room but it was a change and a nice one at that. When I stay here again I would definitely ask for the concierge room again.

OH and I think that people who stay in concierge rooms also get 2 or 3 free hot breakfasts each while on their stay. Hope this helps a bit.

How are the prices?

We booked ours 2 days ago for 4 days in June and it was $119 a night plus $5 a day for parking, and we got a free upgrade to the concierge suites. But, when my friend called on the same day the rate for 1 night was like $159 or $169 (can't recall exactly). Maybe because she was only staying one night? HTH :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter