Carnival Inspiration

So has anyone cruised on the Carnival Inspiration? I am looking into there 3 day cruise out of LA.....was looking for thoughts on this boat. We have cruised before and have cruised with Carnival. The boat is an older one in there fleet so I am just wondering if once we are one if the "feel" would be of that too :confused3

We just got off her on Dec 23rd having done the 4 night cruise starting on the 19th. We LOVED it. I have sailed Carnival many times before - this was my 8th time on Carnival and I have also done Disney Cruise, Celebrity and two others not in business at this time. The boat recently was revamped. They have a great area just for adults with comfy chairs and loungers. The food is OK - basic restaurant quality, maybe a bit better. Entertainment is OK, we really enjoyed our 4 nights on board. I am also leaving on her again in exactly 2 weeks for a 3-night weekend cruise for my 17th anniversary. It will be a total surprise to my husband whom I am picking up from work midday and heading directly to the ship.... I don't think you will 'feel' the age of this ship... The employees were amazing too...

Oh, one more thing...when cruising on these 'cheaper' boats, I recommend really being careful with your dates. If you go at a time when kids are out of school, or heaven forbid college spring break, the ship will be overrun with kids. Carnival is known as the party cruise line, and with good reason. Since they are cheap, they attract a lot of young college and post-college aged people. Our anniversary is in March--prime time for Spring Break. We didn't want to deal with that so we decided to go in February instead. Hoping it will be pretty calm at that time.

I can't speak for Spring Break cruises but we cruise every summer and mostly on Carnival. The cruise I have coming up in 2 weeks will be my 9th on Carnival. I don't feel summer cruises are overrun with kids. Yes there are lots of kids but you don't feel like you are overwhelmed by them. They do a pretty good job of keeping the kids entertained with the kids clubs.

OP I have a review posted on cruise critic dot com under this ship name and my same sign in name - but there I use it as one word.... I have lots of photos too if you would like to see any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter