• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

carnival cruise

EMMOM

Earning My Ears
I just booked a cruise on the carnival glory for 11/07. I booked 3 cabins all at a garantee 6A or better. I asked the woman at the carnival reservations to keep all 3 cabins together and she said they will definitely be together. Has anyone ever done a guarntee cabin with more than one cabin and have been split up? The reason I'm asking is I tried to book the cruise first with costco and the girl said more than likely we would NOT be near eachother.
Thanks for any responses!!!!

Sorry, I think the Costco agent was giving you more accurate info than the Carnival agent. I've booked many people in guarantees when they are cross-referenced with other cabins. Some have been lucky and gotten cabins "near" one another (not always next door or a couple of cabins away). Some have not been lucky and have gotten cabins on opposite ends of the ship. It all depends on how full the sailings are and how many people are doing cabin assignment vs guarantee. I can't see how Carnival will Guarantee that you will have cabins together -- especially this far in advance unless she is changing you from Guarantee to cabin assignment. My experience is that the reservation agents at cruise lines don't always know what they are talking about. We usually need to call multiple times and figure the answer we get twice must be right.

Try posting your question on the Cruise Critic web site. There is a page for Carnival so you will likely get answers from people who are more familiar than most of the Diser's (though some are very knowledgable about other lines I must say)

thank you so much I thought it sounded kind of strange, but I figured the woman at carnival would know better since she worked for them directly.

I don’t think that you have anything to worry about. I worked for Carnival for many years. If you booked all of the cabins at the same time, your booking numbers are cross referenced therefore you will be okay for your dinning. In addition, when you book the cruise you are given a cabin number on the spot. You can always look online to check your cabin location. By the way… Glory is beautiful, make the best of your cruise and try to attend the comedy shows, production shows, spa seminars and check out the art auctions. Get involved in as many activities as you can!

There is no guarantee that your cabins will be close together. We have done guarantee cabins twice with Carnival. One time we got lucky and were upgraded 1 deck, and our cabins were next to each other. The next time, we weren't so lucky, and our children were placed on the opposite end of the ship, even though our reservations were cross-referenced with each other. Our children were older teens, around 13 and 17 at the time, so even though I knew they didn't have to be constantly watched, I wasn't really comfortable having them on another hallway. I never went to bed until I knew they were safely asleep at night, and I made some random visits walking through the halls late at night in my robe,(wasn't very happy about that,but never saw anyone) just to make sure they were in their room. All went well, but I was also given bad advise at the time of booking by Carnival. So unless you are going with a group of adults, I really wouldn't recommend booking multiple rooms with a guarantee just in case this happens to you. From that time on, we have always booked assigned rooms, even if it meant passing up on a better deal. Piece of mind. By the way, on both of the guarantees, we never received our room assignment until we got our documents, I tried calling in advance, but nothing was assigned until close to sailing. Dinner wasn't a problem; we always were seated together at the same table. Whatever you end up doing, enjoy. You'll like the Glory, nice ship and theme. The Conquest class is one of my favorites. Just came back from the Liberty. Loved the ship and would highly recommend it. Much more subdued and tasteful in decor and colors than the older ships. I know, I know, not the Disney ships, but it's just another option for others who might not be able to travel on the Disney ships because of the increasing price or if you want a change of itinerary.

Lynne

EMMOM said:
I just booked a cruise on the carnival glory for 11/07. I booked 3 cabins all at a garantee 6A or better. I asked the woman at the carnival reservations to keep all 3 cabins together and she said they will definitely be together. Has anyone ever done a guarntee cabin with more than one cabin and have been split up? The reason I'm asking is I tried to book the cruise first with costco and the girl said more than likely we would NOT be near eachother.
Thanks for any responses!!!!

How come you did not book on the Dinsey Magic? It is much nicer than Carnival! You can get free pop! There is a drink station on Deck 9! pirate:

We booked a category 6 guarantee on Carnival and had our rooms all in a row. We also got an upgrade and knew our cabin numbers when the docs arrived. I'd definitley do it again.

Don't expect a Disney cruise experience on Carnival, though !

MASTER101, the reason why is because we did the Magic twice and loved it, but the prices for next Nov. 07 is almost twice the price. Magic for a family of 4 cat. 9 is 3,700, and on the carnival glory a cat. 6 is 2,100. This is why we figured we would give carnival glory a try.

EMMOM said:
MASTER101, the reason why is because we did the Magic twice and loved it, but the prices for next Nov. 07 is almost twice the price. Magic for a family of 4 cat. 9 is 3,700, and on the carnival glory a cat. 6 is 2,100. This is why we figured we would give carnival glory a try.

Absolutely nothing wrong with trying something different....we have done DCL 15 times and have done other cruises as well....DCL will always be my sentimental favorite...but I can certainly enjoy myself on other lines with some money in my pocket to boot!!! Have a great cruise.

There are other cruise lines and vacations out there that can be enjoyed just as much as DCL!!!! No need to answer why you are choosing a different line...that is your business and prerogative! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter