Caribe Royale

PrincessV

DIS Veteran
What's the word on Caribe Royale suites? Opinions seem to be all over the place on tripadvisor, though pretty good lately. Much as I love staying on site, a suite is so much better for us and I can't afford the Disney version for a longer trip. We've stayed at the Downtown Disney Doubletree suites before and liked it, but can get a better price at Caribe Royale. Any thoughts?

Hi there, we have stayed here in 02, a family of five, the rooms were plenty big enough, and this was our first experience of a 'suite', have since stayed at the EMbassy Suites LBV (which was slightly better), Residence Inn Seaworld (fantastic) and also Vistana Villages (our personal No. 1 choice), which hae all been suites!

Hope this helps :wave:

Paula

We just booked the Caribe Royale for one night in October, we asked for the Mousesavers rate and got the 1br for $123.00. It looks like a beautiful property.

Cannot comment on the suites, but my friends stayed there over Memorial Day. Nice property, the pool is amazing if you have kids--huge with a waterslidea and waterfalls. Room was clean. They said they would be happy to return.

I recently returned from a conference at the Caribe Royale. I would say that the accommodations are similar to an Embassy Suites, but the living room area is smaller and darker as there is no window. I really like suite properties because I'm a light sleeper and being able to close the bedroom door and having a buffer of a living room from the corridor is great.

I was alone on my trip, but had a room with two double beds. The bedroom was fairly spacious and the sink set up (outside bathroom) and an additional desk/vanity space in the bedroom would be good for a family. Bedroom and bathroom are definitely nicer than living room. Don't think I would have enjoyed sleeping out there, but it is nice additional space if you're with a larger group.

I didn't use the pool or eat at the restaurants, but both seemed pretty nice and adequate. One thing you might want to consider, though, is if you mind being surrounded by people at conferences if there happen to be any while you're there. I was there with a very large group and I felt sorry for the outnumbered vacationers as we clogged up the elevators and walked through the pool area.

I took my family of 4, me, wife, 5 and 2 yo daughters to WDW and stayed at Caribe Royale on a deal from mousesavers. Last time I went to WDW was in 1983 so its been awhile. We went there for 7 days, six nights in early May.

I choose to look for an off-site suite since I have the young child and suites with certain conveniences were preferable. I was VERY disappointed in that they made the refrigerators into mini-bars. That did not help me at all and caused me to go back to the icing down milk for the baby.

Oh, and the TV remote controls were screwed up. Apparently, they got changed with some other remote controls so the channel selector in the front room did not work for channels and changed volume. It was a laugh at first but annoying after a few days of screaming kids and walking all day.

Overall the room was adequate size and like an amerisuites or comfort suites room. I suspect that the room was not very well cleaned but it was adequate. The room was in the middle of the hall and I don't think that anyone else was staying in our wing. In fact, every morning about 7 am when we left to go to breakfast, we could hear an alarm clock ringing on and on.

Across the street is a buffet place that I do not recommend for breakfast. I'd rather pay $20 on Main Street in WDW for something that at least taste decent rather than that.

The 7-11 and CVS across the street was very convenient. Also, if you are going toward WDW but take a left at the first light where the 7-11 is, and go down a ways, there are some decent outlet malls, one of which has Disney gear for souvenirs if you are so inclined. Also, a little further down, is fast food and casual food mecca. Sorry I don't know the streets.

With young kids, I will probably stay on-site for the convenience. If I stay off-site, I would try either the Buena Vista Suites or somewhere else.

There were conventioners there but they did not really bother us since they were in another part of the hotel. We only encountered them when we went the first day to the pool. They have a fairly nice slide but otherwise it seemed more adult oriented, i.e., conventioneers hitting on each other. The baby pool was a little cool since it was between two buildings but otherwise it was neat enough for the kids.

The place was generally empty and we did not use many of the hotel's alleged amenities. I actually went into the lobby once when I checked out. Otherwise, I did not see anyone except the person selling stuff in the elevator lobby of the building I was in. If I had to do it over again with this place, I would stay at its cheaper sister hotel next door, the Buena Vista. It looks the same and I did not see a compelling reason to spend more for amenities I would not use.

By the way, this is an aside but I am putting this in all my posts. Being my first time to go to WDW in over 20 years, I heard the breakfast at the Nick Hotel was great. We thought you could just stop there and pay whatever price. At the gate, the guard was nice enough and gave us a brochure, told us that we could call the manager to see if there was some last minute cancellations, and told us how to turn around since we were already at the gate and he had to lift it to let us turn around.

Well, our understanding was that we would call right then and there. So in the parking lot, we were waiting to talk to the restaurant manager, and some old hag in a golf cart came by and was pretty ugly about telling us we had to leave, even as we explained what the gate guard told us--in front of my kids no less. After reading some comments on this site and others, I WILL NEVER GO THERE. If that is their attitude, I don't need to do business with them and would encourage everyone else to stay away as well.

steviechug said:
I was VERY disappointed in that they made the refrigerators into mini-bars. That did not help me at all and caused me to go back to the icing down milk for the baby.

Oh, and the TV remote controls were screwed up. Apparently, they got changed with some other remote controls so the channel selector in the front room did not work for channels and changed volume.

Only a few rooms in the Executive tower have minibars. If you had mentioned this problem to someone at the hotel, they would have either moved you to a regular room with mini-fridge, or had Housekeeping empty the minibar for you.

The remote control problem could likewise have been fixed quite easily if you had reported it to Housekeeping.

If you didn't report these things, there is no way for the hotel to know of the problems and get them fixed. There is no need to "suffer in silence" with this type of issue at any hotel.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

thanks for the advice Foodlover but I was trying to be nice and just alert anyone who stays there that there were certain issues that they should be aware of.

with respect to the minibar, my wife checked us in when we got there and specifically told them that we wanted a minibar. She was not encouraged to change rooms because of the large number of conventioneers. Because we are cognizant of our needs, having travelled before, we automatically request refrigerators and cribs. We were not told that there was an option to empty the minibar; we were just given the keys to the minibar. Additionally, we asked for a crib at the front desk. When one did not come, we called down and asked for it again. It came a few hours later and then, with no sheets. We had to call again for the sheets.

With respect to the remote control, when we called for the crib again, we told them first that the remote control did not work because the batteries were dead. They provided fresh batteries when they sent up the crib.

I guess I got tired of calling down for things. I expect that certain things like batteries in the remote control, light bulbs to work, etc be part of the regular maintenence of a room and not for them to wait for guests to call to get it repair. With two young kids, we are hardly apt to "suffer in silence" but neither are we inclined to put up with sloppy maintenence. Like I said, I see no difference between Caribe Royale and Buena Vista except the price. Given the choice, I would pay less for that level of room.

On my way to the Outlet Mall we passed this resort. It really looked nice on the outside. This AM the news reported a fire here. No injuries and guests were not effected as it was in their laundry building out back. I believe there was sunificant damage due to all of the combustables. (Towels and sheets)
I don't know what if any issues this will have on the guests there.
It is beautiful from the outside.
Gerri

I've stayed at this hotel twice for conferences. The rooms are adequate, nothing fancy, but my experience was they were clean and the beds were comfortable. It's nice to have a mini-fridge for cold drinks, and as others have mentioned, having the sink / vanity outside where the tub / toilet are makes it nice for a family for getting ready.

It's also conveniently located to WDW, and a short drive to a variety of restaurants, shopping, etc. The only tricky thing about the hotel was parking - if a conference is going on, you may or may not get a parking space near your tower. Also, they share one entrance with the hotel next door, so it's better to go to the second entrance when returning to the hotel in the evening :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter