caribe royale or holiday inn kidsuites?

tink30

long live the mouse!!
Both of these places are offering awesome rates for when I am going. They are both around the same size. The pool looks better at the Caribe Royale, but I didn't see anywhere on their website free continental breakfast, which is a big selling point for Holiday Inn Kidsuites. We are two adults, four kids. Has anyone ever stayed at these places, what do you guys recommend? Thanks...

I remember reading somewhere that Carbie Royale has a free full breakfast- you might want to call them directly!

My family stayed at Hol. Inn Fam. Suites last Sept. It was great, & the price was right ($92.00) fro 10 nites. Service was terrific, breakfast typical hot buffet. Nice rooms and pool. Very close to Disney. I am thinking of going to the Caribe this year. I too would love to hear about it. Their pool does look better. The Caribe was more expensive than Fam. Suites last year. This year they are less expensive. I would go to whomever is cheaper. Caribe does offer complimentery hot breakfast buffet.

You can't beat HIFS for the kids! We stayed there in 2000 and will arrive again next week. When we arrived the first time, we drove by the Caribe and I almost cried because it looks so nice from the outside. But I have read from many people who have done both hotels, that the Caribe is not nearly as good, overall, as the HIFS! Great pools, excellent breakfast, 101+ things for the kids to do. It's like WDW away from WDW! If you are with 4 kids, don't think about it again. And if you use the FLA lottery code, you get the two dinner buffets free too. And remember kids eat free at all meals!

Hope this helps. Have fun!

I'll have to respectfully disagree. We loved the Caribe 100x better than HIFS. Better pool, rooms/common areas were much cleaner and great service. Breakfast buffet wasn't bad, either.

2Minnies,
Have you been to both hotels. We stayed at HIFS last year and were quite pleased. However our dd is quite the water rat and would undoubtedly find Caribe's pool more enjoyable. We also have the dinner buffet included at HIFS this year. Caribe is $99.00/day and HIFS is $109.00/day. Both include the hot breakfast buffet. Would any of those differences or concerns change your mind? Thanks for the reply

Have stayed at both properties and will be returning to Caribe this Aug. My kids liked RC over HIFS because of the pool area, game room, and size of the suite. Both serve free bkfst. which is standard buffet fare, but how can you complain for free for the cost of either? It depends on the ages of your children. HIFS appeals to those with younger kids (mine are 12 & 14yrs.) with train theme, zero entry pool with water toys and playground. Both are nice, clean and in close proximity to WDW.

I STAYED AT CARIBE ROYALE FOR 1 HOUR THEN CHECKED OUT ON 6/28/02 .ROOM WAS DATED HUGE MELTED BURNS ON CARPET FROM SOMEONE DROPPING AN IRON .ALSO WALLPAPER PEELING OFF WALLS .WENT TO CARRIBEAN BEACH RESORT WHICH WAS 1000 TIMES BETTER.

:confused:

Help!!! Is there anyone who has stayed at both hotels? Is the Caribe nicer? (More deluxe?) or is the pool simply nicer? Which one is closer to the Magic Kingdom? I have a 4 and 1 year old and can not decide which is the right choice for our family (3 adults, 2 children) $89/night at HIFS vs. $95 at Caribe. Have not stayed at a Holiday Inn recently - is either of these hotels a notch above?
Any help would be appreciated!

Kim,
I haven't stayed at both, but if I were you I would stay at HIFS (which we have stayed at numerous times)

HIFS is perfect for little ones...the pool will be a lot of fun for them. Also, the room set up at HIFS is probably going to be much more suitable for your group. The kids will have their own space, someone can sleep on the pullout in the living area and then you have the private masterbedroom. The Caribe doesn't have 3 separate sleeping areas like HIFS...unless of course you get the 2 bdr unit, but that won't be $99!

HIFS is closer to the parks, it is just outside the Epcot area gate. Takes no time at all to get on property. The Caribe is just a bit further down from HIFS...

Good luck and have a great time, whatever you decide.

For those interested. I found the $30.00 rate for Country Inn & Suites at Wholesale-Travel.com. I have not booked it & have no further information on it. For all I know it includes a time share presentation.

KimKE,
Your rate for HIFS is great. When are you going & where did you get such a good rate? HIFS is not your typical Holiday Inn. Your kidsuite has two bedrooms & a small living room. The kids room has bunk beds and a pullout bed if needed. It has a small game table, T.V., V.C.R., nintendo & is cartoon themed. Each suite has a safe no additional cost. Each room has a T.V., if you visit their website you'll see most of it. Trian ride for the kiddies around the hotel, shuffle board and mini golf near the pool. Pool toys for rent & lots more. With children as young as yours, I would go with HIFS. My daughter is 9 and is a fish but I'm also leaning towards HIFS.
Hope this helps.
Oats

Oats & Shannon D-
Thanks for the advice!
We are going to WDW 9/21-9/25 and that is HIFS's Senior rate for a 62 year old - my mom is coming along so we qualify for that rate and a special check in gift!

We have stayed at the Caribe and HIFS. You will definately like
the HIFS better. The only good thing about the Caribe is the
pool. The HIFS also has a nice pool but the real treat is the
suite with 2 seperate bedrooms and a living room. The room
set up at the Caribe is not like this. Also the breakfast was
100% better at HIFS. HIFS also offers many kids activities
such as bingo, game rentals, etc.... Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter