Caribe Royale - Good choice?

ericasf

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. We are headed to the Caribe Royale at the end of March for my daughter's 9th birthday. I think we have made a good choice in the Caribe but am concerned about the shuttles. We will not have a car there and don't plan to be at the hotel to do anything but sleep really so we will be relying on the hotel shuttle to and from WDW. Anyone have any experience with their shuttle service? Is it decent? Will we have to cut our visits to the park short because of the shuttle and does the shuttle run early before the park opens?

Good choice for accommodation. But shuttles, no matter where you stay, should be avoided. They are too infrequent; rarely align with Park closings (i.e. fireworks and shows); won't allow you to get back to your hotel if you find yourself exhausted from getting to the Park too early; are subject to breakdowns. Point of fact: shuttles will eat at least 1-2hr per day every day of your trip between waiting to go, drop-offs, pick-ups, waiting to come back, rushing to pick it up, etc. Rent a car if you can. Carrentals.com has the lowest prices. As I always say, "If you had a car, you would have been there already." Or at least take a shuttle to the Park and a taxi back (about $25).

We've stayed at that hotel and it suited our family of 4. Really, it was just a place to crash with the occasional trip to the pool to decompress. As mentioned above, I wouldn't count on any hotel shuttle unless its the Disney buses. We had a car and we used it. That way we were always on our schedule.

ericasf said:
Hi everyone. We are headed to the Caribe Royale at the end of March for my daughter's 9th birthday. I think we have made a good choice in the Caribe but am concerned about the shuttles. We will not have a car there and don't plan to be at the hotel to do anything but sleep really so we will be relying on the hotel shuttle to and from WDW. Anyone have any experience with their shuttle service? Is it decent? Will we have to cut our visits to the park short because of the shuttle and does the shuttle run early before the park opens?

We stayed a couple years ago and we liked it, however we thought the pool could of been heated a little more.

Actually if you have a Costco membership they usually have the cheapest car rental prices, less than carrentals.com because they get special discounts.

We've stayed twice at the Caribe in a 2br villa for 2 weeks each time and have thoroughly enjoyed our stays. Very easy drive to DW and surrounding areas. Loved the space of the villa and its amenities. It is a convention hotel but there was only one group there (in Dec). We only really noticed them one Saturday evening around the pool. It may be different other times of year. Their staff was able to let us know if the times we booked were busy convention times. We would definitely book their again this time but we're trying onsite just to see what it's like.

*** sorry, forgot your shuttle question but can't offer any info as we rented a van both times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter