Caribe Cove?

RNlovesWDW

If it doesn't have hot sauce on it, I don't want i
Hi everyone,

I just booked a 3 BD/2 BTH condo at Caribe Cove in Kissimmee for December. It is a fairly new resort and the price is almost two good to be true. I am a little ansy about it. Has anyone stayed there? Any idea how long the drive to Disney is?
I appreciate any insight.

Thanks.

We're staying there in March. I posted a couple of weeks ago asking if anyone had stayed there, and only got one reply. The person who replied to me said that it was as nice as they'd expected. I believe it's about 10 minutes to the Disney gates using the back way.

I'll post a review once we get back. In the meantime, I'd love to hear from anyone else who has been there.

Thanks for the quick response. I guess it just too new. Can't wait to read your review when you get back. Have a great time!

We'll be staying there is March as well. I've read reviews on Trip Advisor and all seem to be very positive. And you are right, the price really can't be beat. We are paying 109.00 per night for the 2 bedroom through bookit.com.:cool1:

:goodvibes
hi, we stayed at the caribe cove over christmas vacation, we were in a 3 bd unit. We loved it- very clean, very new and very spacious. the walls in the unit are a bit thin(ie- you can hear everything from inside the condo ) but we were never disturbed by outside noise. The pool area was nice, nothing too exciting but certainly ok, altough when we were there the hot tub was used as a child's pool and the color was so questionable that I would not let any of my family go in :scared: The staff were so friendly and incredibly helpful. The location was a little bit further than I would have liked but this was really probably only because there was soooo much traffic along the 192 since it was peak season, I am sure it will not be so bad during a lighter travel time. We found it very helpful to use the shortcut to Disney and this helped us shave a lot of time off our travel time to and from the parks. I would highly recommend this place to anyone, it was clean, quiet and for the price we could not have been happier. If you have any other questions or want some more specifics, let me know, have a great time,
marli:yay:

Thanks so much. That really puts my mind at ease. We will be there the week after Thanksgiving, so hopefully the traffic will be light.

:thanks:

Hi, we stayed at Caribe Cove from Jan 28 to Feb 7 of this year. We had a two bedroom for two adults and two kids. It was just as pictured on their website. The rooms were clean and spacious and I am a picky person. One thing they don't tell you about and I thought would be good to know so I didn't have to pack so much stuff was that they do provide two rolls of toilet paper in each bathroom, one roll of paper towel in the kitchen and bar soap in the bathrooms. Lots of towels too. You will need to buy your own dish detergent both liquid and for the dishwasher, replacement garbage bags, dryer sheets and laundry detergent. There is an iron, ironing board, laundry basket (which I didn't use because I found the toilet plunger stored in it, eww!) vacuum cleaner, everything you would need. The one complaint I had is that the dryer is painfully slow. Seriously 2 or more hours in the dryer on high and the load is still damp. I ended up hanging my laundry to dry. We rarely saw anyone else as we were coming and going to the parks. We never heard anyone else either. There were twin beds in the kids bedroom so they didn't have to share a bed which was great. The pool did say it was only open dawn until dusk but my husband said he saw people in there after dark one night. We were also in one night until after dark and no one came out to kick us out so they may not enforce that rule or it is more for the longer days of summer when it is light until 10pm. As for distance to Disney, we never actually timed it but it was very convenient. We loved the space and the bed was so comfortable. It was great. I probably haven't anwered all of your questions so if you have more post them and I will try.

Thanks for the reply, Saskmom!

A couple of questions that come to mind:

1) Do they supply towels that can be used in the pool area? I'd love to leave our beach towels at home
2) Was the pool warm? My mom is coming with us, and she hates swimming in cold pools (anything above 80 should be OK with her)

I'll probably think of others as we get closer to our trip (only 3 weeks away now!)

I am excited for you. We wish we could go back. They did not have actual beach towels in the rooms. We brought our own because we knew we were going to Typhoon Lagoon and didn't want the hassle of renting towels. There were lots of towels in the rooms ( I think there were three or four huge bath sheets and 6 regular size bath towels in the master bath alone, more in the main bathroom) so you could probably take them from there but they are very white so I didn't want my boys dragging them through the parking lot on the way to the pool. As for the temperature of the pool, I am not a big swimmer but I did actually get in one evening after getting back from the parks. It was cool, not cold and felt great once you were in. I don't have an actual temperature. My youngest son's lips usually turn blue after 1/2 hour in a pool and they didn't here. The hot tub wasn't very warm though and when we were checking out I overheard the front desk person speaking to someone about turning up the temperature in the hot tub. Hope that helps.:goodvibes

Thanks so much for your reply! Sounds like my mom will be OK in the pool. I probably will bring our beach towels, but it's nice to know that there are some bigger bath towels that we could take to the pool if we need to.

Thanks so much Saksmom. That is really helpful information. You just never know what you are gettting into when you book something online. You have put my mind at ease.

One question: Any idea how close the nearest grocery store is?

Thanks.

Another question here, too: Is there anything within walking distance of the resort? My parents like to go out for walks every morning, and they were wondering if there is anywhere to go.

Thanks so much Saksmom. That is really helpful information. You just never know what you are gettting into when you book something online. You have put my mind at ease.

One question: Any idea how close the nearest grocery store is?

Thanks.
There is a Super Wal-mart about 1-2 miles (if that) west and a Orange Lake super market about 1 mile east.... Both are very convenient and there is little traffic to either.

You will pass the Orange Lake Supermarket (Publix) every day on your way back from the parks. (Well you will pass it the way to the parks too, of course, but it will be on your right side coming home:) ) I have heard the Walmart is cheaper but we just didn't feel like driving the extra little bit. Well, actually I would have but my husband was driving so I didn't get that much say in the matter. :rolleyes1 The publix had everything we needed though.
As for walking. As far as I could tell, there are no restaurants within walking distance. We didn't go any further down Westside Blvd. than Caribe Cove though but I'm pretty sure there weren't any down that way. There are lots of choices on 192 though. There is sidewalk up and down both sides of Westside Blvd. if someone wants to go for a stroll. We actually saw an otter walking down the sidewalk one morning as we were leaving for the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter