Caribbean weather in January

boardwalkbride729

Mouseketeer
I will be going to grand cayman and CC in January- has anyone on here sailed there during January and what were your experiences with the weather and water temp? Thanks!

Been to CC in early February. Water was cold but it was one of those where you just needed to get into the water quickly and get it over with and then you were fine. Did some snorkeling and the hardest part was that initial shock of sticking your face in the water. After that, I was able to swim for a good hour and could have gone longer.

Weather on the beach was absolutely perfect! I know the two days previous to us the Wonder and Dream were not able to dock due to rough seas so we may have gotten lucky with the weather. CC is far enough north that weather systems coming of the US coast can still have an affect on the island.

We just sailed the Eastern Caribbean on 1/10/2015. The weather in San Juan and St. Thomas was hot and sunny. (I would think that Grand Cayman would be about the same.) Our CC day was mostly cloudy with off/on rain showers. We still enjoyed our day: the kids did the water slides at Pelican Plunge even through they said it was chilly and we happily watched from our chairs.
:) Jennifer

Weather is hit or miss. It is winter and cold fronts happen (I live in south Florida). There is some thread around here somewhere regarding which months the ships miss Castaway Cay because weather and winds make it unable to dock the ship. I believe January & February are the months where CC is missed the most.

3 of the 5 DCL cruises I've taken have been in January- it just works out best price and schedule wise for us. We have another booked for next January, in fact! We have lucked out and have always been able to dock and get in the water at CC. The coldest/ worst weather on CC for us came in March. The only time we were not able to dock at CC was on a double dip in September- we docked the first time, but not the second.

We go in January knowing that the weather will be hit or miss in temps, but always have a great time cruising!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter