• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Room Condition

javasmom

Earning My Ears
I would really appreciate some feedback/reassurance. I'm planning a "Grandma Trip" with my sister and cousin; they've never been to Disney World before and this will most likely be a once in a lifetime for them so I want it SUPER SPECIAL. I made reservations at the Caribbean Resort because it's one that I've never been to. Now I'm getting concerned because there seems to be many comments that the condition of the rooms just aren't the best. These ladies are NOT going to be happy if our room is in poor shape. I'm seriously thinking of a switch to Port Orleans even though I just spent a week there 2 years ago, but this is a pretty important trip. Help please!

I just returned from my first trip at Caribbean Beach. I too was worried. We loved it. I normally stay deluxe. But this was a quick trip with just my daughter for three nights. We had the best time. The resort grounds are lovely. The dining area is very clean and nicely decorated. Our room was not worn but it did have carpet that I was not crazy about. That was really the only thing I can post that was negative. Room had a ceiling fan and we found the beds comfortable. We loved the skyliner and used it everyday of our trip. We enjoyed our dinner at the outside bar area Banana Cabana. Could see fireworks from Epcot from resort as well. We stayed in the Jamaica buildings. Skyliner hub was right there along with bridge to dining area. Aruba building is probably closer to the Riveria Station and a quick walk to their dining area.

Same. Poly was our go to resort for years. Stayed Caribbean beach first time last October. We absolutely loved it! It is now our go to. We booked today for my bday trip in December

CBR was the first moderate built. The food court is ok nothing great, you will find lines for the skyway in the morning and make sure to ask for the first floor as there are no elevators n the buildings. We prefer PO, food is better, grounds beautiful and they do have elevators. For us CBR is not an escape just looks and feels like S FL. We do like Sebastians.

We stayed for one night at CBR in June before moving over to the Yacht Club for the week, and I was surprised by how much I liked the resort itself. It's beautiful. I love the skyliner access and multiple pools. However, the rooms were not my taste. They are dark, and the bathroom is tiny. We had a five sleeper room for one night, and it was me, DH, and two teen boys. If I'd have had to spend a week with all four of us and that bathroom I may have cried. There was nothing wrong with the room, it just felt dark and small. The location we had in Aruba was good, right by the Riviera skyliner station and even though the resort is big, it didn't feel like that long of a walk to the main building. I take solo trips fairly frequently, and I would happily stay there by myself sometime if I needed to.

Have you stayed at Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs? It is beautiful and comfortable with larger bathrooms that are similar to bathrooms in deluxe resorts, and the room is bright and fresh. It definitely has a wow factor when you walk into the lobby and the rooms are lovely. I recommend a water view on a high floor. From the standard view high floors you can see fireworks and parks in the distance, but I ended up on a lower floor the one time I had a standard view, and I'd have rather spent $20 more a night for the water view.

We stayed for one night at CBR in June before moving over to the Yacht Club for the week, and I was surprised by how much I liked the resort itself. It's beautiful. I love the skyliner access and multiple pools. However, the rooms were not my taste. They are dark, and the bathroom is tiny. We had a five sleeper room for one night, and it was me, DH, and two teen boys. If I'd have had to spend a week with all four of us and that bathroom I may have cried. There was nothing wrong with the room, it just felt dark and small. The location we had in Aruba was good, right by the Riviera skyliner station and even though the resort is big, it didn't feel like that long of a walk to the main building. I take solo trips fairly frequently, and I would happily stay there by myself sometime if I needed to.

Have you stayed at Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs? It is beautiful and comfortable with larger bathrooms that are similar to bathrooms in deluxe resorts, and the room is bright and fresh. It definitely has a wow factor when you walk into the lobby and the rooms are lovely. I recommend a water view on a high floor. From the standard view high floors you can see fireworks and parks in the distance, but I ended up on a lower floor the one time I had a standard view, and I'd have rather spent $20 more a night for the water view.
Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate your taking the time to provide details!

Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate your taking the time to provide details!

You're welcome! I was afraid I sounded like a weirdo fixated on the bathrooms, but that's really important to me in a room :rotfl:
While we only had one night at CB, we spent the entire day there, and the area is awesome. Very relaxing and very beautiful. You mentioning wanting it to be a super special stay made me suggest Gran Destino Tower, because the rooms are nicer, but overall I do like the Caribbean Beach resort. Transportation is definitely a plus at CB over Gran Destino, which is bus only. The skyliner at CBR is a huge bonus, and I think because of it you feel more "connected" to WDW overall.

Most importantly, have an amazing trip!! It sounds like it's going to be a fun one, no matter which resort you end up at!

I am not a fan of CBR's rooms, they need to be updated badly. There are much nicer moderate rooms on property...like, A LOT nicer. Coronado, for example, is a great resort for an adult trip with absolutely beautiful rooms. Both Port Orleans resorts, too. We don't stay at CBR unless there isn't another choice. I mean, it's not the worst place I've ever stayed, but to me, the Skyliner isn't worth it alone. I'd rather have a nicer room.

CBR is definitely my least favorite moderate. But I think if you are worried about the rooms being in need of a refurbishment, you run that risk at any hotel at this point.

I just returned from my first trip at Caribbean Beach. I too was worried. We loved it. I normally stay deluxe. But this was a quick trip with just my daughter for three nights. We had the best time. The resort grounds are lovely. The dining area is very clean and nicely decorated. Our room was not worn but it did have carpet that I was not crazy about. That was really the only thing I can post that was negative. Room had a ceiling fan and we found the beds comfortable. We loved the skyliner and used it everyday of our trip. We enjoyed our dinner at the outside bar area Banana Cabana. Could see fireworks from Epcot from resort as well. We stayed in the Jamaica buildings. Skyliner hub was right there along with bridge to dining area. Aruba building is probably closer to the Riveria Station and a quick walk to their dining area.
Thanks for your great review. How long would you say it took to walk to the main building with the food court? to the Riviera? to the skyliner hub? We are going in March and want to request Jamaica and are hoping it's not too much of a walk for other places just to be close to the skyliner hub. Thanks!

Thanks for your great review. How long would you say it took to walk to the main building with the food court? to the Riviera? to the skyliner hub? We are going in March and want to request Jamaica and are hoping it's not too much of a walk for other places just to be close to the skyliner hub. Thanks!
From Jamaica the food court was like a 3 minute walk. The bridge to food court is right at the Jamaica section. The skyliner for us took about 5 minutes at the most. It could be less if your building is closer. We were building 45. For us personally staying in Jamaica, I would take the skyliner to Riviera. It is a straight shot boarding for Epcot. It stops at Riviera first. If you are in Aruba, depending on which building you get, the Riviera sky liner would be a closer walk to board to the parks. And I would use their food court as well.

Not meaning to hijack your thread, I have a question. We have Topolinas reservations for a 8:15 breakfast. I requested Jamaica 45. Epcot will not be open that early, so I’m guessing we can’t take the skyliner. How long would the walk be from there if we get our request?

From Jamaica the food court was like a 3 minute walk. The bridge to food court is right at the Jamaica section. The skyliner for us took about 5 minutes at the most. It could be less if your building is closer. We were building 45. For us personally staying in Jamaica, I would take the skyliner to Riviera. It is a straight shot boarding for Epcot. It stops at Riviera first. If you are in Aruba, depending on which building you get, the Riviera sky liner would be a closer walk to board to the parks. And I would use their food court as well.
Thanks so much!

Not meaning to hijack your thread, I have a question. We have Topolinas reservations for a 8:15 breakfast. I requested Jamaica 45. Epcot will not be open that early, so I’m guessing we can’t take the skyliner. How long would the walk be from there if we get our request?
10 minutes at the most. I would check with a CM when you check in and ask about the sky liner. I know they run before the park opens. Riviera sky liner has to stop at the Caribbean hub to transfer to come and go to Hollywood Studios (Which opens early) So it may let you board to Riviera. Hope that makes sense.

You can use google maps to plot walking directions. It won’t let me upload the pic here but looks like a 9 minute walk from 45 to Topolinos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter