Caribbean Combo Pack! Engagement TR(2/11) & Disneymoon PTR(9/12) at CBR

I suffer from motion sickness as well, like on Star Tours, Expedition Everest and Mission Space, but for some reason I have absolutely no problem with TOT. I can even do it a few times in a row.

What a lovely promise ring!

That is ao AWESOME that you will get to move to Florida!!! DH and I talk about it sometimes. For him it might be possible, as he often works with people from a sister company in Tampa, so he could look into transfering there. For me it wouldn't be as easy though. I've heard it's really hard for teachers in Florida. But anyway, the big things that keeps us here are his daughter, and our family. It's definitely in our plans to retire there though. And obviously we'd be okay with living there part time should we win the lottery. I hope you guys find a great home, and a good job down there.

I would absolutely love to live in Maine through the summer and Florida in the Winter. Both of us work is seasonal sort of jobs so that could be possible but I'd like to establish a home for our future child/children. So I'm hoping we'll be able to vacation in Maine in the summers. I love camping but because I'm always working twice as much during the summer I usually can't go camping.

I suffer from motion sickness as well, like on Star Tours, Expedition Everest and Mission Space, but for some reason I have absolutely no problem with TOT. I can even do it a few times in a row.

What a lovely promise ring!

It's so weird what does and doesn't make you sick. I was absolutely fine on Space Mountain(except a weird thing with my heart skipping a beat or two!) In fact I was fine on all the mountains. But Everest hit me, as did Mission Space at the very end. I find that landing, the going down, is worst, as in the landing on the flight into Florida sucked. But I love me some dramamine. I hope you can't OD on it because it is going to be my friend throughout the honeymoon!

Well I got the Itinerary from Tracey at Dreams last week and I meshed it together with my own Honeymoon Excel Spreadsheet. So I thought I'd do an update and show you all what we have planned!

September 15th 2012
Day One:
Wedding at Noon
3pm Drive to Boston
Stay in Boston Overnight

September 16th 2012
Day 2:
6:30am Fly to Orlando
Check into CBR
Go to Magic Kingdom!
ADR - California Grill @ 7:20 (Hoping to watch Wishes from the balcony)
Go back to MK and try to stay awake till the park closes at 12am!

September 17th 2012
Day 3:
Epcot Future World(I broke Epcot into two days because last time we spent so much time in FW that we barely had any time to enjoy World Showcase)
ADR - Kouzzina 5pm at the Boardwalk

September 18th 2012
Day 4:
Epcot World Showcase
ADR - Beirgarten 12pm

September 19th 2012
Day 5:
The Studios
Mama Melrose - 1:45pm

September 20th 2012
Day 6:
Water Park or Free Day
ADR - 5:15 Spirit of Aloha
Relax on Poly Beach for Wishes

September 21st 2012
Day 7:
Animal Kingdom
ADR - Rainforest Cafe 6pm

September 22nd 2012
Day 8:
Water Park AM/ Studios PM
ADR - 50's Prime Time 5:20pm

September 23rd 2012
Day 9:
Downtown Disney/DisneyQuest
ADR - House of Blues 8:30pm

September 24th 2012
Day 10:
Explore area for moving purposes
No ADR

September 25th 2012
Day 11:
Magic Kingdom
ADR - Wave 5pm
MNSSHP!

September 26th 2012
Day 12:
Some last minute shopping at DTD
Magical Express back to the airport
The a long drive home very late at night filled with post-Disney melancholy.

That's it! Can't wait to spend soooo many days in the World!

I really recommend, for your day 6, to at least take it easy in the morning. If after a few hours of relaxing you really want to go to the water park, go. But that is our biggest regret of our Disneymoon, not to have any real free day. We hit a wall by day 9.

Hey everyone. It's been a while since my last post. It's a little quiet at work tonight so I thought I'd be bad and do an update whilst getting paid :thumbsup2

We are now a mere 69 days from the wedding. Let me catch you all up on what has been going on concerning all thing wedding, Disneymoon and life related:

We still owe quite a bit on the honeymoon and it's all due in by August 1st. I'm freaking out but DF is all cool and calm about it. He's been working a lot and just got a raise. But all I see is all the other places our money needs to go and I worry we won't make it in time. Time to apply for more credit cards! Also most of the wedding is unpaid for so far and that is what August will be geared towards. That brief stint of unemployment really set us back.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but the pressure has been on since I returned from my Grad School residency last week and I've been sort of avoiding the to-do list till yesterday my Mom started asking me questions and I realized how far behind I am. Funny how we had all this time and all of a sudden there is no time left!

The wedding is going to go something like this, if all goes as currently planned. DF's boss is lending us an event tent:-)worship:) which is amazing. I really was unhappy squeezing all our peeps into the very small space they had there and they wouldn't let us change anything in the room(it's currently set up as a gift shop). So we have tables and chairs rented to go in there, white linens, mason jars with loose dahlias, apples and pinecones as decor. The hard part is figuring out when to set things up, who's going to set it up, what time we can get things like the flowers etc. We are doing a sandwhich bar. Platters of meats and cheeses and breads. The ceremony will be a stand-up one near where the tent is. It will be short and sweet. I'm writing the vows and hoping to get DF's aproval on them. Music is going to be a blend of two playlists, his and mine. We'll see how that goes! We have very different tastes! But we are choosing some Vitamin String Quartet covers for the ceremony. We're not doing too many fancy traditions. We'll feed each other, do the first dance thing. I'm against the garter toss though and I don't have too many single friends to throw the bouquet to. I think I might bring some lawn toys and cards though. Mostly I just want to see all my friends and family in one place and celebrate.

The to-do list is long, not even mentioning the schoolwork I arranged to get done early so I'd have the entire month of September off to focus on the wedding and honeymoon. But I will perservere! Just gotta get organized.

As for the honeymoon. Hopefully in the next three weeks it will be paid for and the MNSSHP tickets will be purchased. I got myself clothes for the trip and need a couple more tanks and tees. Living in Maine I don't have much of a warm weather wear collection! And I hear FL can be scorching in September. Next is DH's wardrobe, some good shoes, a good bag, some coolmax socks etc. Our flight was pushed from 6:30 am to 8:30 am on the 16th. After much consideration I decided this was ok with me because I'm going to be really tired after the wedding and driving three hours to be close to Logan Airport. However, they better not mess with my itinerary anymore than that!

My next step on the honeymoon is to figure out how much it is to rent a car for one day, how to get it to our hotel and get a ride back to the hotel, so that we can explore the area about our relocation Fall '13.

I've gotten behind on my Engagement Trip Report but I promise I will finish it before I walk down that aisle!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. I know I don't have a lot of followers on here but I want you to know that I really do appreciate you all and the responses I get. Pixie dust to you all :tinker:

I really recommend, for your day 6, to at least take it easy in the morning. If after a few hours of relaxing you really want to go to the water park, go. But that is our biggest regret of our Disneymoon, not to have any real free day. We hit a wall by day 9.

Thanks for this! I did put a midweek down day in there but it looks like it may get used to drive around central florida checking things out for the move. My strategy is to just take a leisurely pace throughout. And I'm hoping DF will be ok with visiting just one waterpark so we can relax around the resort that second WP day. I've never been at Disney for this many days before 5-7 at the most. Bust somehow I still feel like it's not enough time! hehehe. How is that even possible?

Wow! It sounds like the next few months will be super, super stressful! Hopefully you are able to pay off the trip in time and you can worry about the wedding costs after that. Your wedding sounds nice and simple, and it sounds like you are keeping the costs as low as possible, so good for you! :)

Just found your report and can't wait to read more! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Your plans sound beautiful!!!
We are going in November and have reservations for Shades of Green (husband is retired Air Force) but were thinking of switching to CBR. I too am gluten free, not diagnosed celiac because I have been GF too long and refuse to make myself sick so they can diagnose it. Your report has convinced me to switch to CBR! I have been to DW GF before but we always stayed off property so I know the parks are good with GF but didnt' realize that CBR is too!

Wow! It sounds like the next few months will be super, super stressful! Hopefully you are able to pay off the trip in time and you can worry about the wedding costs after that. Your wedding sounds nice and simple, and it sounds like you are keeping the costs as low as possible, so good for you! :)

Thanks! We were able to pay off the honeymoon just under the wire! And now we are just focusing on the details. Money is tight and we are working lots but we are both so excited to finally be married and on vacation, we so need a vacation! hehe

Just found your report and can't wait to read more! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Your plans sound beautiful!!!
We are going in November and have reservations for Shades of Green (husband is retired Air Force) but were thinking of switching to CBR. I too am gluten free, not diagnosed celiac because I have been GF too long and refuse to make myself sick so they can diagnose it. Your report has convinced me to switch to CBR! I have been to DW GF before but we always stayed off property so I know the parks are good with GF but didnt' realize that CBR is too!

Glad you've joined in. Welcome! Being gluten free is a pain but Disney certainly made it easier than anywhere else. Never assume that Disney can't make it for you gluten free. That's what I learned. Although french fries are still off limits even from them =( CBR has been home for me for years. Though if I had the extra I would have liked to try the Poly for the theme and that it's on the monorail. But we've got plans to hang out there a couple nights so we'll get our fill of the Poly.

Just found your blog. Can't wait for more!

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. I've got quite a few days of engagement TR left to catch up on. But I did promise I'd have it done before the wedding...and so I shall! Stay tuned!

We got out Disney luggage tags in the mail this week, and our itinerary from Tracey at Dreams Unlimited. They had my married name on them! So excited :banana: As of tomorrow...three weeks till I'm a married woman. :lovestruc Yippeeee! And as of Sunday....three weeks till Disney! :woohoo: Yippeeeee. I'd have to say we're both equally excited about both of these. hehehe

We got married two weeks ago today! And we got back from Disney on Wednesday. I'm going through some serious post Disney Melancholy but I am gearing up to write a TR and dining review. I'll be starting new threads for these which I will post on here.

I was very bad at keeping up with TR this summer, and even worse with PTR, so I missed the wedding and leaving for the Disneymoon! So, a little late, let me say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Hope your wedding day was all that you hoped for and that you had a great trip filled with pixie dust! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter