Caribbean Beach Review

2ndStarr

Mouseketeer
I was really concerned about all of the negative reviews I had read on CBR, but since our goal is to stay at each resort, I pulled the trigger. Boy am I ever glad I did. It was amazing.

We had two rooms in Jamaica Bldg 45 per our request. They were clean, quiet, and spacious (I imagine it helps that this was our first trip w/out a pack and play). The resort it beautiful. Just gorgeous. The playground is one of the best I have seen at disney, the feature pool was fantastic and included a pirate ship water jungle gym, as opposed to the traditional wading pool for little ones. The quick service was huge and had a decent selection.Shutters was excellent for dinner. We were able to see the fireworks from Illuminations from a hammock on the beach.

The transportation was a breeze. We took cabs a few times, but we do that from any resort if we're going to another resort or doing something stupid early in the morning. The cabs picked us up right behind our building. The bus stop was very close, and the busses arrived regularly without much waiting. Even when we were the first stop it didn't take more than a few minutes to complete the loop and get on our way.

Bell services was wonderful, driving us and our luggage to and from the Customs House when necessary. I can't think of anything that we wanted but did not have at this resort.

We transferred to WL for our last few days and just didn't like it as much. The shower was nicer and the TV fancier, but the pool was lacking and the quick service dining was a joke. Loved the theming there though. I only mention it in comparison because it is priced higher than CBR, but we didn't like it half as much. DH and I agreed that CBR is our new favorite with Poly and POFQ tied at a very close second.

While I can't wait to return, our next stay will be at CSR. Gotta catch 'em all!

So glad to read this! DH and I are taking an adults-only trip to celebrate our anniversary this fall and we decided this was the perfect time to do our first moderate resort (normally stay at Pop with kids). Since he lets me do the majority of the planning and picking out all the restaurants, I thought I'd be nice and let him pick the resort. He picked CBR, even though I secretly was dreaming of CSR. I'm trying to get excited about CBR but just keep seeing some negative reviews so it's been hard. So I'm really glad to read your review! I'm kind of looking forward to it now! :goodvibes

I was really concerned about all of the negative reviews I had read on CBR, but since our goal is to stay at each resort, I pulled the trigger. Boy am I ever glad I did. It was amazing.

We had two rooms in Jamaica Bldg 45 per our request. They were clean, quiet, and spacious (I imagine it helps that this was our first trip w/out a pack and play). The resort it beautiful. Just gorgeous. The playground is one of the best I have seen at disney, the feature pool was fantastic and included a pirate ship water jungle gym, as opposed to the traditional wading pool for little ones. The quick service was huge and had a decent selection.Shutters was excellent for dinner. We were able to see the fireworks from Illuminations from a hammock on the beach.

The transportation was a breeze. We took cabs a few times, but we do that from any resort if we're going to another resort or doing something stupid early in the morning. The cabs picked us up right behind our building. The bus stop was very close, and the busses arrived regularly without much waiting. Even when we were the first stop it didn't take more than a few minutes to complete the loop and get on our way.

Bell services was wonderful, driving us and our luggage to and from the Customs House when necessary. I can't think of anything that we wanted but did not have at this resort.

We transferred to WL for our last few days and just didn't like it as much. The shower was nicer and the TV fancier, but the pool was lacking and the quick service dining was a joke. Loved the theming there though. I only mention it in comparison because it is priced higher than CBR, but we didn't like it half as much. DH and I agreed that CBR is our new favorite with Poly and POFQ tied at a very close second.

While I can't wait to return, our next stay will be at CSR. Gotta catch 'em all!

Thanks for your review :). Glad you had a good time and loved CBR. CBR was our first onsite stay and even though it was quite some time ago (2002), we loved it and remember it like it was yesterday. Reading your review is everything I remember about it......the room was clean, the food court was great with alot of variety, our boys loved the pool (which has been redone since our stay), and the buses were awesome with little or no waiting :thumbsup2. I'm glad to see that after 11 years other people are experiencing the same great resort we did :goodvibes.

So glad to read this! DH and I are taking an adults-only trip to celebrate our anniversary this fall and we decided this was the perfect time to do our first moderate resort (normally stay at Pop with kids). Since he lets me do the majority of the planning and picking out all the restaurants, I thought I'd be nice and let him pick the resort. He picked CBR, even though I secretly was dreaming of CSR. I'm trying to get excited about CBR but just keep seeing some negative reviews so it's been hard. So I'm really glad to read your review! I'm kind of looking forward to it now! :goodvibes

I would take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. After I booked our Poly stay (back in 2007), I read a lot of negative reviews and started second guessing my choice and almost changed resorts due to those reviews. After giving it a lot of thought, I decided to stick with it and see for ourselves what we thought of the resort as the Poly was always at the top of our list of resorts to try. I am so glad I stuck with it because we loved the Poly from the minute we checked in and if I would have changed, we would have missed out on one of the best vacations we ever had!!! We have had great trips at all of the resorts we've stayed at, but the Poly was just fabulous and I would have never known what I was missing had I switched resorts. With that said, you won't know if you like CBR until you experience it for yourself. Everyone's opinions are different and I wouldn't let some negative reviews make that choice for you. I'm sure you're going to have a great trip :goodvibes.

I think CBR would be perfect for an adult-only stay. It is so peaceful and there are many hidden spots to be alone and enjoy each other's company. While the size of the place is a drawback for many, I like that it give you plenty of space to get away from the noise of the feature pool and other busy areas. We rented a surrey bike and did the loop around the resort and its just amazing how serene the whole place is. I've never been to the real Caribbean, but the resort is a lot like how I imagine it (minus the crippling poverty and ferral dogs of course).

So glad to see this review! We're staying at CBR in October and I'm super excited. Glad you guys enjoyed your stay!

I've been waiting for a good review! Thank you!! We are going in Sep and had tried for the POR And POFQ.... Unfortunately they were booked for what we needed. So we chose CBR and have been a little concerned with all the negativity. So seriously- THANK YOU for taking the time to write it all out. You have totally made my day! :cool1:

I keep waffling back and forth about POR vs. CBR. (Double beds are really turning me off... pool looks awesome, though!)

I know the pirate ship waterplay feature is for little kids, but I think my 9 year old would still enjoy it, especially the dumping bucket! Do they let kids his age play in that area?

CBR is our families favorite resort and we have stayed deluxe and values before. There are alot of negative reviews and I don't know wh- all of are stays are wonderful- but we like the caribbean too and it's so relaxing. Going back in December- can't wait!!!!!

Another vote for CBR! We stayed there in 2009 and we are going back this year, we loved it so much. Had a ground floor room and every morning cute little ducks were "knocking" on our door. I call them Disney ducks :)

Stayed at AKL last trip and can say that we enjoy CBR much more!

Thanks for the review! We're leaving for CBR in ten days, and I can't wait! We've stayed there before, but it was 1997 and 2005, so it's been quite awhile.

Thanks for the review. You sum up exactly how our family feels about CBR. It's our favourite resort and we are now planning our eighth trip there for March 2014. Already have a great deal on airfare, so I guess it's official.:)

We did enjoy our CBR stay back in 2005 I think? We thought it was a very pretty resort, and I loved the hammocks on the beach. Loved Jamaica location. Room was clean. It's due for a refurb, and looking forward to seeing what they do with the rooms. I :love: the POR & POFQ room refurbs.

Our two best overall Disney vacations have both been at CBR. We've been to WDW 8 times and stayed at CSR, Disney Institute Villas(remember those?), ASM, Fort Wilderness Cabins and Boardwalk Inn Club Level(Fantastic!) Never understood all of the negative comments it gets. It's got a great, bright *vibe* to the place.

We will be at the Poly for a week this July and we can hardly wait! I definitely recommend CBR to anyone...families OR couples.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your trip at CBR. I have read some of those negative comments also. This will be our 1st time at CBR, this time just me and my DD. I think we will really like the atmosphere there.

You do have to take all comments with a grain of salt and make your own conclusions like previous person commented. It made me second guess our choice for a second, too. But I decided to keep it and hope for the best. Your vacation is only as good as your attitude towards it. You can't fret over every little negative thing that may happen. Always make the best of your time, that's what we try to do when we go to Disney!! :yay:

We reluctantly stayed at CBR on our last trip. We were very leery but wound up loving it! I almost don't want the secret out! Our kids loved the playground, and the pool is one of the best. Our kids loved the little kiddie area pool as well as the big pool. We had a short walk to breakfast, and boy was it a lovely walk. The atmosphere is great, I love the steel drum music and the tropical feel. We will stay there again next trip.

We are also making our first trip to CBR in Sept. We've stayed in WL, and POR, but are really looking forward to CBR. We love POR, and probably would've gone back there, but we were sold on this place by an old fraternity brother of mine who is a CM. He and his family are coming to meet us for a few days, and he said this place had the best pools on site for our girls to play in. With all the research I've done, in getting more excited everyday.

freckles04 said:
I keep waffling back and forth about POR vs. CBR. (Double beds are really turning me off... pool looks awesome, though!)

I know the pirate ship waterplay feature is for little kids, but I think my 9 year old would still enjoy it, especially the dumping bucket! Do they let kids his age play in that area?

Its height restricted. So it depends on how tall he is. They do enforce it from what I have seen. If he is too tall, there is lots to do at the main pool, including a very fun slide my kids loved!

OP, we also love CBR! I find myself looking at our CBR pics a lot lately which has me wondering if we'll actually stay there next year instead of POR lol.

Glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the review

It's height restricted. DS was too tall at 7 and they absolutely would not let him enter. It was coldish, the pool was nearly empty, but it was a no go. Unless your 9 year old is very small, don't let him entertain that area as an option.

Can I just jump in and ask what the max. height is for the water play area at CBR? My DD will be nearly 6 when we go next year and is quite tall for her age. The pirate ship water play area was one of the main reasons for us choosing CBR!

Thanks

Claire :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter