caribbean beach resort

Banshee

<font color=blue>Bip & Bop<br><font color=green>I
Hi my family and I are going to disney this year from oct.30 to nov.8 :bounce: We booked our room at the Caribbean beach resort with the fairy tale package.Ths will be my family's first time there.I have been before but never stayed at a resort,My question is how is the caribbean beach resort? And also,am I crazy but my youngest will be 18 months when we go, I have been told by some people that we are insane for going to disney with a baby or toddler that there is nothing for them. So am I crazy? We are going no matter what but I would like to know what I am getting in to?Thanks a bunch:Pinkbounc

IMO - you are not crazy at all for taking an 18 month old! We first took our son when he was 14 months old & in february we took him again 24 months. We had an excellent time on both vacations. The 1st time we stayed at Animal Kingdom; the 2nd trip was Caribbean Beach Resort. I think you are going to like CBR!! DS was thrilled, especially with the ducks that you can feed, we did that twice a day!!

You should stop by the Disney for Family boards here. I picked up so much useful info over there (what to pack, stroller questions, backback suggestions, what rides DS could go on etc). There will be so much your 18mo can do - you will not be disappointed. On both our vacations (that were each over 7 days long) we didn't get to do everything we wanted to...there were just so many enjoyable rides, shows, attractions, the characters, the pool, the resort ducks, and so on. Your 18mo can go on any ride without a height restriction...and there are a lot of those!

CBR was very nice, clean, but a bit spread out. We requested a room closer to the food court (we were in Trinidad North, bldg 33) and it was a short walk (about 5 minutes) to the food court & main pool. Bus service was great during our visit.

There is a FAQ folder for CBR - there is a ton of good info & pictures in there too. I don't think it's too far back, just look back through a few pages of the threads. Editted to add the link :
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=325191

Hope that works!

Oh one other thing. I found some good info on all of Disney & traveling with a toddler at this web site www.wdwig.com

Have a wonderful trip & feel free to ask me any questions. I never get tired talking about our trips (or my DS!). We are from NJ too!

Thank's so much I am happy to hear that!!!! And i did check out the thread about stroller's! I also didnt realize that CBR was that BIG:eek: Do you think I could request now where our room will be?:confused: That is sooooo cool they will have rides for my little guy!My oldest will be 7 when we go and his first time!! So I expect he will be very very excited:bounce: My hubby has never been, and the last time I as there was 1990 so I am sure a lot has changed,and there are a lot of new thing's I am so excited I cant wait!! Thank you very much for the Info I really appreciate it!:D

We enjoyed our stay at CBR a few years ago. We took our dd when she was 14mos, 2 1/2 and she will be going again at 5. I have never been sorry that I took her when she was young. There is a lot for them to do as far as the rides go. She had lots of fun. I found that bringing our stroller from home helped alot with all the walking. Go and have fun. Don't listen to the people that say it won't be fun. With a little preparation you will have a great time.

Just remember that you have a good number of days, so you can see a lot without exhausting your little ones. Please remember the sunscreen--we have seen too many "infant lobsters" and oblivious parents.

Take your baby!! Just remember you'll come home with a lot of special memories, even is he/she doesn't remember. We took Julia last year and she had a ball.

I second the sunscreen!!! Really slather it on all exposed areas and redo it every few hours. We did this and she was fine the whole time, no burns. We saw a baby at the zoo last year and I wanted to slap the parents. He was as red as a tomato and just in a diaper, he was screaming(crying) and the parents just continued to tour the zoo as if nothing was wrong.

Yes, you'll have more of a challenge with a toddler in tow, but they'll have a ball and there is very little they can't do, that's why we choose WDW for our family vacations.

BTW CBR is big, but it's a nice resort!

Pammy

Thank you all sooooooo much!!! I feel much better now!:p I cant wait to get there now!and the link to te old thread about CBR was great! Got to see some nice pics. We are also going to get tickets to the Mickey not so scary halloween party! Has anyone gone end of oct. beginning of nov.? What is the weather like? Thanks for the info on the sunscreen! I am always very hyper about that with my kids, That always bothered me at the beach or anywhere even before I had children,when you would see these little one's red as tomato's and looking miserable:( I have had bad sunburns and know what it feels like:eek: no fun!But thank everyone for all the Info. Keep it coming :) If you all have anymore to share!!

Regarding requesting a room location: it is my understanding you can have your requests noted on your reservtion now or fax your room requests to CBR 4 days before you are going to arrive. We faxed ours. I requested several villages and buildings (I think I asked in this order: Jamaica 45 or 44, Trinidad North 32 or 33, Martinique 24 or 25). The room location was perfect. We were also close to laundry, village pool & bus stop. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Enjoy your trip!

First of all, Welcome to the DIS boards! You will learn LOTS of good stuff from these wonderful people.

You will love the CBR - it is a beautiful resort - we just got back a few weeks ago - There is a marina where you can rent bikes and boats right there in the middle of the resort. The food court was decent and bus service was mostly good.

Have a wonderful time!

We just got back from CBR yesterday. It is a really nice resort. The rooms are very colorful and clean and the grounds are beautiful. We were in Jamaica 45 and it was a hike over the bridge to the food court. I will request Trinidad North next time.

One tip that I haven't read before is if you have small kids and are coming back in the afternoon for naps, call the front desk before you leave in the morning and request an early cleaning. We missed housekeeping the first day because the baby was napping in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter