• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach Resort

Octoberbaby

DIS Veteran
Ok. Which room is better? The preferred room or pirate room standard view as far as their location. Which room is closest to the main building and main pool? I really want to stay here but don't want to pick a room far away from everything.

prefered room Id say martinique would be best never done the pirate rooms as its usually adults when we have stayed here. I really like the location of this village but really Id saty happily at any village as far as cbr goes even if its a little bit more of a walk to the main pool and food court the grounds are so beautiful never minded the longer walk at all!:cool1:

The pirate rooms are REALLY cool, but they are as far away from everything as you can possibly get. If you want to be near everything, do NOT get the pirate rooms.

Hi! This is my first post. I just got here today with my husband. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary. I read through this thread last week and it was really helpful. What a beautiful resort! Thanks to everyone for sharing such great info. :)

From what I've read, the pirate rooms are in the South Trinidad area which is the very suthun part of CBR, but it has its own bus stop and quiet pool. What is it in the "too far from everything" you want to be close to. Treat yourself with a pirate ship bed and get some exercise to live long and prosper. Make it so.

We have stayed at CBR 3 times and have done both. We love the pirate rooms but they are in the furthest possible section from OPR. We didn't find the pirate rooms to be unmanagable though as far as distance. You can walk over or take the internal shuttle over to OPR. The preffered are in the closest sections to OPR. If you are really concerened about distance I would suggest those. But in all honesty I personally believe people over exaggerate the size of CBR and how far away the pirate rooms are. It is big but it is is not unmanagable. We love CBR and would gladly stay there again in either kind of room.

You will find Pirate rooms better, i am sure.
But the main disadvantage with these rooms is that they are very big and seems difficult to manage.

We will be at CBR for the first time in Sept...We actually want to be closer to the main pool, so are requesting Jamaica 45 for that-we want to be closer but don't really want to pay for for a preferred room....At first I was dreading CBR because of all the negative reviews, but now I'm actually excited!

We will be at CBR for the first time in Sept...We actually want to be closer to the main pool, so are requesting Jamaica 45 for that-we want to be closer but don't really want to pay for for a preferred room....At first I was dreading CBR because of all the negative reviews, but now I'm actually excited!

Congrats! CBR is our absolute favorite Moderate. And Jamaica 45 is our favorite building! Enjoy.:cool1:

We just booked a pirate room!! I need all the exercise I can get so I'm going to think of the distance as a positive thing lol!

But......how far is far away?

We just booked a pirate room!! I need all the exercise I can get so I'm going to think of the distance as a positive thing lol!

But......how far is far away?

From the farthest point of the Pirate Rooms it's around 9 minutes to OPR and the Main Pool at a leisurely pace. From the closest point, about 7 minutes.

Preferred room..I have heard the beds are a little hard in the pirate rooms. But, I just booked a standard room and req Aruba (I know it's just a req and not a guarantee). It is a nice walk across the bridge to OPR and not a long walk either :)

From the farthest point of the Pirate Rooms it's around 9 minutes to OPR and the Main Pool at a leisurely pace. From the closest point, about 7 minutes.

Ok that doesn't sound too bad (she says while enjoying a pedicure not after walking the park all day lol). It has its own bus stop for the parks though right? So the distance only really comes into play if we want to go to the food court or main pool?

malacajo said:

You will love CBR, I promise !!! It is my favorite and where I always stay. Going again May 2014

We are staying at cbr (in a pirate room) for the first time in October. We stayed at aoa (in a little mermaid room) last year. The complaint is always the same there about the walk. We found it to be just fine. It's not very convenient for filling resort mugs, but other than that the walking pales in comparison to the parks, so I don't get it when I see all the griping. Have a great time!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are staying at cbr (in a pirate room) for the first time in October. We stayed at aoa (in a little mermaid room) last year. The complaint is always the same there about the walk. We found it to be just fine. It's not very convenient for filling resort mugs, but other than that the walking pales in comparison to the parks, so I don't get it when I see all the griping. Have a great time!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That was my main complaint exactly. After a long day in the parks the last thing I wanted to do was hike to the front to get my mug refilled. I ended up buying pop from the vending machine by the room. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter