Caribbean Beach Resort Questions

beccaewert

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are not new to Disney....we've been alot over the years but always stay at Fort Wilderness,...we love it there. We are actually going to the Florida Keys for Christmas break with all of my family (siblings, nieces, grandparents, etc). So on our way back we were gonna stop by CBR for a couple of days...as a splurge... we never have stayed in an actual Disney hotel before.....SO

There will be 5 of us, so we booked a standard room.... the walking has made me a bit nervous because I don't want to waste the couple days we have....so which Villages are considered standard but really are close to preferred areas? Is there a certain village that you prefer over another? Also do you prefer 2nd level or floor level and why?

Also we will be there Jan 2nd-5th.... is it typically warm enough then to swim? I will have a 13 yr girl, 9 & 6 yr boys.....Thoughts? We all have AP's except 13 yr girl (We are in the middle of adopting her....so this is a surprise mini trip for Christmas....so I want to make it awesome. She's had a very hard life, grew up on the streets of Haiti till she was 11 yrs old)

I liked the Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 buildings that are close to the bridge over to the pool and food court. It has been closed but I believe it's open now.
I picked 1st floor as there are no elevators and I have bad knees
It may be warm enough to swim but it may not be. I'd pack suits for sure.

You should change your title to Caribbean Beach. Beach Club is a completely different resort (no villages) so it seems confusing until you read it.
I have only stayed there once years ago so I can't really comment on the walking and areas. But winter weather in Florida is unpredictable so you won't know if it's warm enough to swim basically until you get there. If it gets cold enough (typically <40*F) they will close the pools.

You should change your title to Caribbean Beach. Beach Club is a completely different resort (no villages) so it seems confusing until you read it.
I have only stayed there once years ago so I can't really comment on the walking and areas. But winter weather in Florida is unpredictable so you won't know if it's warm enough to swim basically until you get there. If it gets cold enough (typically <40*F) they will close the pools.
How do I change the title? Sorry Ive never had to do that before?

I figured it out....thanks... didn't know there were two resorts with Beach in them lol sorry

I meant we are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort

We've always stayed in the Jamaica or Aruba buildings previously mentioned. The 3 non preferred Martinique buildings are also fairly close to Old Port Royal. And we also request a ground floor room.

We've been to WDW twice in Jan. The weather was definitely warm enough for swimming the first time (but we're Canadian). But the second time we were wearing winter jackets, scarves and gloves all week.

Jamaica is our favorite, it's a quick walk over the bridge to get breakfast each morning. If you usually stay at fort wilderness (which is huge) then the walking at CBR won't bother you.
We like top floor so we don't have people walking above us and waking us up. It's only one flight of stairs - no elevators.

There's a great thread with all the info on CBR that you could want. I'd out a link in, if I knew how!

pools don't close. we have been every calendar month of the year and swam every time. Even one january where it was a cold sleete and freezing rain. Stormalong Bay was a nice 82 degrees, it was 34ish outside. The life guards thought we were crazy.

CBR has gone from a fan favorite of these boards, to the board whipping child and now back to be pretty highly regarded.

We stayed there in 1998. Jamaica area. This was well before the new themed pool, so we ended up spending time at the quite pool. March 2013, we spent the day with my bother and his family at the CBR pool (we were staying at cornedo). It was nice, but crowded.

I think the next time we do a moderate, CBR will be where we stay. This March we are going back to Yacht Club.

Hello! We are not new to Disney....we've been alot over the years but always stay at Fort Wilderness,...we love it there. We are actually going to the Florida Keys for Christmas break with all of my family (siblings, nieces, grandparents, etc). So on our way back we were gonna stop by CBR for a couple of days...as a splurge... we never have stayed in an actual Disney hotel before.....SO

There will be 5 of us, so we booked a standard room.... the walking has made me a bit nervous because I don't want to waste the couple days we have....so which Villages are considered standard but really are close to preferred areas? Is there a certain village that you prefer over another? Also do you prefer 2nd level or floor level and why?

Also we will be there Jan 2nd-5th.... is it typically warm enough then to swim? I will have a 13 yr girl, 9 & 6 yr boys.....Thoughts? We all have AP's except 13 yr girl (We are in the middle of adopting her....so this is a surprise mini trip for Christmas....so I want to make it awesome. She's had a very hard life, grew up on the streets of Haiti till she was 11 yrs old)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...on-questions-thread-now-open-updated.3461094/

Plenty of info, much of it very recent. Excellent info in the thread and almost any question you have will be answered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter