Caribbean Beach Resort Q's.

CalgaryCookie

Earning My Ears
If you've stayed there, what did you think? Which building did you stay in? Anything you might do differently? Any other BTDT advice?

I'm so excited that I can hardly contain myself. :woohoo:

In May my father and I stayed in Aruba. It was nice and not noisy at all. It was about a 10 minute walk to the foodcourt though however, my father had his truck so we usually drove there if we went for breakfast before the parks.

The beaches weren't crowded at all either.

CBR is a beautiful resort. You truly feel like you have escaped the world when you stay at CBR. It is fun for the entire family with the boat and bike rentals. You can stroll around the beautifully landscaped island and enjoy the secluded tables and hammocks. One of the best things to do at CBR is to lay in a hammock on Martinique Beach and watch the high fireworks from Illuminations at Epcot. CBR is great for families since the Main pool is next to the Food court.

You should check out the CBR FAQ in the link below. You will find recent trip reports and lots of information on CBR.

CBRJune060001.jpg

CBRJune060008.jpg

CBRJune060013.jpg

CBRJune060016.jpg

CBRJuly060008.jpg

CBRJuly060053.jpg

CBRJuly060054.jpg

CBRJuly060051.jpg

CBRJuly060052.jpg

We stayed in Jamaica and liked it alot and found it convenient although this was many trips ago (about 10 years ago now). We haven't been back since but that's basically because we kept trying new places until we bought DVC last year. I think you will like it a lot. We never waited long for a bus despite what some people report.

We were in Trinidad South and had no complaints. Some people say that this section is too far from the food court but we had no problems.

Oh my gosh, Safetymom, I love your photos in your post!

To the OP, we were at CBR in April 2005 and fell in love with the resort! We can't wait to get back -- white-sand beaches, hammocks and beach chairs, boat rentals, all the pools, the lake, the Promenade walkway! It's all great. Good bus service, great food court, gift shops, etc.

We stayed in Martinique 2549 -- photos on the link below...

You'll love CBR!

Thanks for the info, everyone! I think we made the right resort choice.

Those pics are awesome and have me wishing October would get here sooner. :cool1:

In May we stayed in Jamacia building #45. We thought it was a great location. It was a short walk to the food court and main pool. The bus stop was close too. We had a fantastic time at CBR. Enjoy your vacation there!

We stayed in Martinique Building 25 (room 2544). CBR is a great place to unwind after a long day at the parks - very relaxing and laid back atmosphere.

Safetymom, those pictures are awesome, I can't wait for our December trip! And I have to say this resort seems to be getting way more positive reviews these days. I really pay attention lately since we are staying there in December and I haven't seen any bad reviews lately.

We were there two weeks ago in Jamaica 44 (Rm. 4413) . We loved it and would not hesitate to recommend it or stay there again.

Mousekeeping was great and Bus service was very good.

We were there in May in Jamaica 44 and absolutely LOVED,LOVED,LOVED, it. The Jamaica pool was just outside our door, and there was a playground on the beach there, which out children loved. The main pool and Old Port Royale was a short enjoyable walk, across the bridge. The atmosphere is great!!! We used the bus transportation and the bus stopwas just a short walk across the parking lot, and had no problems at all, with short waits. We would definately go back and would highly reccoment CBR!!!! Have a fun and magical vacation. :thumbsup2

We stayed in Martinique. We overlooked a quiet pool. We were about a 5 minute walk from the food court and right near a bus stop.

I thought the resort was beautiful and quite peaceful. We would be staying there again, but we wanted to give POR a try. I definitely would love to go back.

We just got back 3 1/2 weeks ago from CBR and loved it!! :sunny: We stayed in Jamaica 45 which is a perfect location for no extra charge. It's maybe a 5 min beautiful walk across the bridge to main pool and food court. We absolutely loved everything about this resort!! :love: We would recommend this resort to everyone!! Also, the pictures that safetymom posted I probably have the same ones, even the funny palm tree one! Have a great time!! :wizard:

safetymom said:
I have been documenting the growth of that palm tree for over 10 years now. :)

That's really cool!! I remember looking at your pictures and seeing that palm tree before we left on our vacation a month ago. Then when we saw it, I couldn't believe we were there. In my original review when we got back I forgot to thank you for all your information and pictures. We love CBR! :love:

We stayed in Jamaica, ground floor, corner room in 2003. A bit of a walk to the food court but what a walk - especially early morning with the sun over the lake and the birds and sound effects as you go through the little island. The individual "islands" pools were a great extra to the main pool and we would swim there quite late - often having the pool to ourselves.

We are going back next year and plan to request the same spot! ENJOY!!

CBR is a beautiful resort. Most recent stay was from 7/3-7/10 Jamaica 45. Love it so much planning my stay for 2007. :beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter