Caribbean Beach resort or Port Orleans Riverside?

reddog1473

Mouseketeer
Hello, I currently have a reservation at Port Orleans for the middle of March but I am thinking about switching to Caribbean Beach Resort. Which resort is nicer Port Orleans or Caribbean Bean Resort? Appreciate the help

It really depends which theme appeals to you more. Both resorts have vocal fan clubs.

Do you prefer Old South, or more of a Beach feel? Pirates, or the ol' water hole?

As has been stated, each has its own fans.

For me, I will ALWAYS pick CBR for a mod stay. It was my first on-property resort and I love the feeling there. It always feels like home to me. But there are those who say "It's too big!!" To me it doesn't seem that much bigger than any other resort, especially since there is a bridge across the lake - then again, I live in NYC and walk and use public transportation everywhere. But your mileage may vary. I've also never had any more "bus issues" there than anywhere else - granted, I typically travel solo, so unless I have ADRs in a given park and don't want to hop, I can play "bus roulette" if I choose - hop on the first park bus that comes and have an adventure! (Or think of things like "Hey, I want/need to go to EPCOT, but that isn't coming while there are a lot of MK busses. I'll take an MK bus and take the monorail to EPCOT!" Flexibility!) OH! And the newly redone rooms are GORGEOUS!!!!

POR on the other hand, I stayed at once in the Mansions, and I felt like I was back trapped at my super-strict grandmother's house we could never wait to leave - and to me, while I know it's the themeing of it, the Bayou section looks run-down and trashy. But there are many who LOVE the Bayou section (and will probably flam me for saying it looks trashy) and think the Mansions are super peaceful and stately.

I'd rather have beachy chill than stuffy stately or run-down trashy any day! But that is solely my opinion. :)

Last edited:
I've stayed at both and they are similar, so I would pick whichever has a theme that appeals to you most. My most recent stay at CBR was disappointing (rooms were worn/old) but it was right before they renovated. The benefit to staying at POR is the boat to/from Downtown Disney. The main pool area at CBR is a little more detailed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter