Caribbean Beach Resort or Port Orleans FQ

Christopher Robin 26

Mouseketeer
We usually stay at POFQ or CSR when we go to WDW. We did stay at CBR once and were not impressed. I have been reading good things about CBR since the renovations. Should we try CBR again or stick with the others for our visit in May?

We're in the same boat. We have never stayed at CBR, but the renovations look nice. Hopefully it's not too big. We love POFQ, so we'll see.

We stayed at CBR once a few years ago and loved the grounds but the room was horrible. It was dark and really wore out. We were going to stay at POFQ for the 6th time but decided to switch to CBR after reading the feedback since the resort was renovated. We will be there in September and I can't wait.

I LOVE CBR, but it is big, so if you don't want a big resort, this is not the one for you.

Well, you've stayed at CSR so I know the size of CBR won't bother you as they are similar in size (with CBR being a tad larger). We've never stayed at CBR--we're just not into the Nemo/Pirate/beach theme (probably because we go to the beach every year before or after Disney)...especially as two traveling adults. However, our oldest son was there in July (he's 24) with the 13-year old baseball team he coaches and they had a wonderful time. They enjoyed the resort, the buses were fine, the food court--typical food court, mousekeeping was great and they loved the quiet pool. Now, I will admit they weren't keen on the main pool because they were 13 years old and they thought it a little tame for them. However, their younger siblings loved it and Andy and his "then" girlfriend and the boys enjoyed the quiet pools. Hope this helps you somewhat.

I haven't stayed at POFQ yet. I've got that booked for May (yeah!).

I did love CBR. I loved the theme. The pool was nice, the food court was good and the gift shop was nice.
I had a preferred room so it wasn't a long walk to the main pool and food court.

We were just debating this in my house for our next trip. We loved everything about CBR except the food court. We found it to be kind of small. I am looking forward to others replies.

We love POFQ and have stayed there so many times we were thinking about a change. I will be doing a little more research on CBR tonight and will make my decision.

POFQ is my favorite resort and we have stayed at WL. But we are trying CBR this next trip unless I can save some extra money and then we will stay AKL.

Well, what was it that you didn't like about CBR?

I am a fan or CBR, but to satisfy my DH we stayed at POFQ in Dec. and we found it to be very dark and dreary, as opposed to the upbeat tropical feel of CBR. We just like the happy tropical feel of CBR better. Its not that we find one resort better than the other, its just that our tastes like the tropical theme. As far as resorts go, both are adequate. It boils down to personal taste.

We have stayed at both resorts...personally I like POFQ a lot better. Besides being smaller the location is great. You have a boat launch to DD right on the property which is way quicker then the buses because it goes straight between POFQ and DD. As far as the pools are concerned, the pool at CBR is quite nice after the refurb but the pool at POFQ is just as nice (no zero gravity entry though). However, for the main pool at CBR you have a long hike or bus ride unless you pay for a premium room. At POFQ the resort is small that the walk to anywhere on the property isn't a big deal.

We're going back in August and are staying at POFQ- can't wait.

Hope my info helps with your decision. Either way you'll be in Disney and isn't that what its all about anyway?? Have fun!:wizard:

We stayed at CBR pre renos in Jamaica and loved it. Had a great room, very close to quiet pool, bus, and short walk to bridge. Loved the beaches, and hammocks. Thought the landscapping beautiful. It is a large resort, so requesting your location is important.

We've also stayed at POR. Love the mansion section. We stayed in Magnolia Terrace, great location next to quiet pool, bus, main pool and food court,etc.
IMO POR has a bit more to offer with DTD boat, Carriage rides, & evening entertainment in River Roost.

The only thing that stops me from trying POFQ is the lack of quiet pools.

Hard to say wether or not you should try CBR again as I don't know what you didn't like about it the first time?

I would vote for POFQ :love: but I am not exactly partial as it is my favorite resort :cloud9:

We made our decision and are staying at POFQ. We just love the atmosphere, the intimate setting, and the boat that goes to DTD. I am sure we will try CBR at a later date, but POFQ won out this time. Oh, I I also think they have one of the best food courts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter