Caribbean Beach Resort ** NEWS & VIEWS **

Hey Laura-
you should give your brother the address for DISboards and just have him come to this thread, then maybe your SIL will believe her Agent is wrong.

That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. And your SIL doesn't think there's anything wrong with that advice? Just drive around Florida looking for a room????

Good Luck and I hope she wakes up.

I certainly wouldn't recomend wondering around Florida looking for a place to stay...especially when there are kids involved. They're probably going to be cranky and tired enough as it is. I would go directly to your brother and give him the phone number to the reservations office and tell him to handle it. I just can't imagine a travel agent telling a client to find their own room when they get there.

Laura,
One more piece of advice to share with SIL-front desk CM's can ONLY offer rack rate for their particular hotel-the only way to get the discounts is through CRO directly!Tell her this is from a VERY reliable source!
Kim

Has anyone recieved their new comfirmation slip from changing resorts yet. If so when did you change and how long did it take to get to you. I got a planning packet today from CBR, it was nice, but I will be nervous until I get a confirmation slip with Polynesian on it- I even called one just to make sure.:rolleyes:

I changed our reservations by calling myself on Aug. 8th, early morning. The 'Polynesian' confirmation came in the mail Aug. 14th! Everything looked right on it - money from CRB was transfered. It showed 'no balance due' - but I had called back earlier this week to apply the $20 to the reservation. Now I hope that I get a 'new' confirmation that actually shows that one night has been completely paid for!!!

How many of you are transferring to the Polynesian Dec. 6 - 14th? Just trying to get an idea of how much busier the Poly is going to be now for our vacation.

I had a conformation faxed to me the same day it was changed. If you have a fax machine they will fax it to you but it usually takes an hour after they said they sent it. Mine was fine and we were really happy. The only thing it didn't show was our deposit but I called and it was applied. Michelle

jenfur....
I'm getting a little nervous myself. I changed my ressies on 8/04 and still haven't gotten the new confirmation. I was at CBR and while our trip isn't until 12/19 I just didn't want to chance it. Besides I was only able to get a AAA discount on CBR and WL still had AP discounts so it really didn't cost much to move. Funny tho, I got what is probably the same brochure thing in the mail today, but it was for CBR. I've called twice and they say don't worry, it'll get there, but I worry anyway. I owed a very small amount for the deposit, but both times they said not to worry about it. Still, if it isn't here tomorrow I'm calling AGAIN!

I had tried calling multiple times and every time they tell me they will call me .Yes I am aware of that but I want mine now !!! :)

I finally got through this morning and the Poly had no availability for my dates :( I am very dissapointed , but we did get AKL standard for $95/night and we can call back to get the savannah view for $110/night(w/tax).

I guess I can keep calling to hope for the Poly to open up
:rolleyes:

MosMom,

I think that the Poly will be busier than usual for those dates because of all the CBR overflow folks. The good news is that I also assume that it will be better staffed with displaced CBR staff too.

Thanks all for your help with my SIL but she is not budging. And my brother (Mr. HE-man) will only listen to his wife...go figure. Well, maybe I'll see some of you at the Poly!!!! At least my trip is set!!!

Laura

Laura:

Your brother's travel agent is an idiot! I guess you knew that already :).

It sounds like your brother and his family went with a travel agent because they didn't want to be bothered with the "little things". Oh well. FWIW, Disney will eventually call the TA and tell her that CBR is closed and make her book another hotel for them. Perhaps you could suggest to your brother or SIL that they tell the TA to try to book them at the Poly with you "just in case" Disney calls :rolleyes:.

:jester: Thanks to All Ears and of course this great message board. We have aquired 4 nights stay at AKL for 60.00 pounds!!! ($100). Through dozens of phone calls with Virgin Holidays in the UK and Disney UK and a 40 min call to USA. A very fustrating time with the closure of CBR but worth it in the end. Once again thanks to all who replied to my messages

For all those worried about confirmations, I don't know if this is good news or bad news for you, but I received my confirmation within 5 days of the upgrade. I booked through AAA though, so I suspect my case is different than most of yours.

I received my call from them the first day and just received my confirmation today. everything was applied correctly.

Called yesterday and was told there was no room at the Poly so I settled for AKL. The lady was very nice and told me to keep trying. Well I called back today and viola' -- WE GOT THE POLYNESIAN!! I spoke with a great woman - "Amythest" ?? and she was very helpful. Im excited $110/WITH TAX . That is the same as the savannah view at AKL. I am doing my happy resort dance right now !:p For those of you who did not get your first choice, kepp calling back !! Things may open up ( or they might just give it you to make you stop calling ;) )

I had a trip scheduled & Dreams Unlimited was handling it....when this whole CBR thing happened, I immediately got in touch with my agent & wanted Poly.....same kind of feel as CBR.....Poly was already not available for us (this was 1 day after the announcement), but, AKL was for standard view at an extra $67 for the 6 nights we would be there.....now, I know that is a great deal, but, it is not what we want....we like bright, upbeat hotels...that is exactly the OPPOSITE of AKL.....should we just take that or reschedule our trip when we can stay at the CBR....I feel like a spoiled brat not taking AKL....what do you all think? Susan

well, Susan, this is what I would do if I were you:

1. If I will spend more than 60% of my time in the resort: I will stick with CBR and rebook my trip

2. If I will *not* spend more than 60% of my time in the resort: I will take the AKL offer.

To me, I will have a wonderful time at WDW no matter where I stay, as long as the resort and guest room are well maintained and clean. My focus is on the big WDW, not just on resort.

I did take the Poly upgrade offer because I don't know whether I will be lucky enough to stay in a deluxe resort at this price again. If Poly was not available, I would choose either WL or AKL.

Just my 2 cents worth though. Hope it helps!

I received my confirmation today for my switch from CBR to the Poly. The balance is due 21 days before we arrive. Is this normal? I do not ever remember having to do this. We booked through (407) WDISNEY.

I am happy for those who were ABLE to get the Poly for the 20.00 per night upgrade!

I just want to say that it IS Disney who is doing the calling for the CBR Moves. You can call Disney to move your reservation if you don't want to wait, but be prepared to wait on hold for awhile to get to the Special team who is handling the move!

Disney is focusing on the holiday ressies along with soon arrival ressies. Don't panic! Even if the Poly isn't an available option when you speak to the Special team, you will have an alternative.

The options are either moving to another moderate at the same rate you currently have or if one of the few Premium resorts that is offering the special upgrades are still available. Just be glad that you are still going to Disney! Think of the wonderful new Old Port Royale you will be able to expierence next year!

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter