Caribbean Beach Resort ** NEWS & VIEWS **

I can't suggest a room, but I can suggest you eat at Boma for either breakfast buffet or dinner buffet. We ate breakfast there this past week and it was very good. Adult price is 14.99 for breakfast. I think you will be pleased with the resort.

Princess_Aurora... That is a great rate, I stayed in June (I know that is the regular season) but I paid for a savanah room, $268.00 and that was just two of us. have a great time, you're very lucky
:bounce:

I am booked for CBR Nov 7-11 thru DC as part of the package with UHPs. Separately from the issues with CBR closing, I've decided that I want to switch to a room only package, but DC can't modify my reservation without switching my resort. I'm considering switching to POFQ, but SO tempted to wait for a phone call with all the upgrades I've been hearing about. I'm worried though...even if I got an upgrade, would they be able to change my package? Technically, they would have to cancel the package and rebook, right? Maybe getting the upgrade would be worth staying with the UHPs.
I'm so bad at making up my mind....any suggestions out there?

Can any one tell me the number to call, regarding alternative accom for people staying at CBR in September. Thank you.

Has anyone heard anything about Thanksgiving week yet? We're going 11/27-12/1. I'm going to call my TA this morning and see if he can get ahold of Yolanda or Thaddeus at the CRO special team for CBR. Maybe they'll extend their deal to me too...

pixie dust, pixie dust, pixie dust!!

thanks everyone!;)

what was your original cost?I just called Guest Services because I read in someones post that Poly was not available Dec 11-15-so I called because I am going Dec 10-15.I DID get Poly but for 116.00 a night(which I beyond EXCITED about).So I'm wondering where the difference is.My original cost for CBR was 94.00 and change with the discount code.
Also,WL was not available at this time.I was wondering if it would be worth staying at A.K. for 2 nights and then switching to Poly seeing as this trip we were planning on spending much more time at the resort than the parks!If we do switch will they move the luggage for us?
One more thing-if we do decide to split the stay are the savannah rooms worth the extra $$$$-I would think so but have never even seen the resort!
Thanks for all your help!!!!!!
Kim

I don't know if this will help, but we had the CBR for $89 + tax. We got Poly for 109 + tax, so the total is 120.99 a night ($20 more than the CBR w/ tax).

Were going in September and booked under the Fall Fantasy rate. I was surprised they offered the Poly at that rate!

I was charged 20.00 plus 2.00 tax.I'm not complaining though!!!!!!!!Just curious!!
Kim

Kim, which discount code was that that you used and got 109 a night with? I used CKO and got mine down to 198 a night, but would rather have 109/night!

I can help you with the luggage transfer question. Yes, Disney will transport your luggage from any Disney hotel to another Disney hotel. Just call bell services and tell them where to send your luggage. We've done it twice now and not a problem either time. Have a great time!:D

Lora,
I was originally staying at CBR but had to change due to the closing.So my rate of 94.00 was for CBR.I was offered an upgrade to Poly for 20.00 more a night.
The codes I got where posted here and on mousesavers.com.I think that people got Poly for somewhere around 150.00 with that code-I could be wrong so don't hold me to it!
Kim

WDWFAN thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a post asking how people got Poly for 109.00 a night and it mysteriously disappeared!I was just wondering what you had originally paid for CBR.I got Poly for 116.00 w/tax this moring for Dec10-15-I was paying 94.00w/tax for CBR.
Thanks,
Kim

We originally had the AP rate of $79/night. Now we'll be at AKL, savannah view, for $99/night. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

My wife and I will be going about the same time and want to stay at the Poly. How did you get such a good rate?

This will probably be deleted too. You need to post this under the new CBR thread at the top of the board. Everything is combined in there!

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that we could afford to stay at AKL! Guess where we are staying!!! I want to run in the streets and tell everyone, (I'm driving all of my co-workers crazy!! LOL):Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I will not even believe that my family is staying there until I actually check in!!!

What a way to go from panic to exhiliration!!!!!!!

I had CBR ressies for 11/9-16. When I saw the closing last Sunday, I went ahead and called Disney Club travel and simply cancelled and rebooked WL Courtyard. Price was 139 a night and while I realize folks are posting lesser per nite price, I would not want standard or woods view. So I'm not too unhappy about pricing.

What upset me about the whole thing is that I had Dolphin reservations for months prior to switching to CBR. Epcot is where I really wanted to stay in the first place but was pulled in by these codes, the fact that CBR rooms were BIGGER and REFIRBISHED so after booking, I let the Dolphin go. Of course their prices went up and since I don't qualify for their good discounts, that is now out.

I sent an Email to Disney lamenting my loss of the area that I really wanted to stay in the first place. I don't really expect much in the way of response but I guess my pipe dream is for them to offer me YC/BC or BW for this rate. I can dream can't I?

Did anyone else e-mail disney and if so, what was their response?

I envy you, TooBoyz4us, that you could get CSR as an alternative to CBR. I had a CSR res since March then switched to CBR because of the discount

My DU agent called CRO when I heard about the news for CBR closure. However, my DU agent could not get me back into CSR for the same price and he had a hard time with the CM at CRO. Then I got POR at the end.

Now I have heard stories about people getting $10 upgrades into POLY.... I am really upset now that I could not get CSR nor the upgrade.... :(

I am really hoping that POR is as nice as what people have told me. Otherwise, my honeymoon will not be as perfect as I wish it would be.

YEA, I AM SO HAPPY:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I'm running around my office and calling everyone I know!!! I got the Poly for $20 more (& Tax) . I can hardly wait to go.

I called my TA this morning and told him what was going on with people getting the Poly for $109... and asked him to call and ask for the CBR special team, not just the CRO. I mentioned to try to get Yolanda or Thaddeus (among the 100's of reservationists!!:p )

Anyway- he called back and said they offered me the AK Savannah view for $20 and Garden view for $10 and would work on getting a room at the Poly, that they were all booked up (Thanksgiving Week) which is why I wanted to call NOW and not wait for them to get to me.... I was afraid everything would be booked and I'd be sleeping on the Poly beach!!

Then he called back 2 seconds later and said we got the POLY!!! They freed up a room for me...... I AM SO HAPPY, I AM SO HAPPY... did I mention that I am so Happy???:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

It's just a HUGE relief that my accomodations are not up in the air anymore and I actually know I have a room.:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter