Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a 13 night reservation for Dec. 21 - 1/3 at POFQ. I'd like to try a new resort and can't afford a deluxe for such a long stay. Does anyone have both POFQ and CBR experiences that can share? I'm concerned mainly with the differences in the size of the two resorts, but am willing to pay for preferred.

Where would be the best location? Thanks in advance and especially to the lovely woman that keeps this thread going!

Thank you. :) I think preferred is worth the money at CBR if you don't like to walk. By the time you get there in December the construction will be over. Many folks like Jamaica or Aruba which is across the lake. It is a short walk over the bridge to the main pool and food court.

Hi Everybody-
Well, I was thinking of changing my ressie from CBR to CSR, but I'm not willing to pay an extra $20 for a king bed room, and that is all that's left. Anyway, my friend traveling with me really wants a microwave. Someone on the CSR boards told me you can request one at check in. I called reservations and the CSR resort, and they both told me that isn't true. Does anybody know if there is any truth to this? Think if it's true, it might be possible at CBR also? Otherwise, I'll probably end up buying an inexpensive one at Walmart, but who knows what I'll do with it when I leave!

No microwaves are not available for the room. Both resorts have a microwave in the food court you can use.

We will be at CBR in April. I understand that the pool will be closed. Is there any news about the pool bar? DH and I enjoy a drink after the parks to wind down.:drinking:

No official news yet. The pool closes tonight. I plan on stopping over tomorrow.

Could you please tell them they "must" be done by Sept. 25th??? ;)

Seriously though, I appreciate your updates and am really looking forward to more as this project moves on. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Denise

Thank you Safetymom. The pool is not a problem for us. We spend the days in the parks. I need that Pina Colada when we get back.:woohoo:

What will the pool be like when it is done? I'm sorry if you have already posted about the final result but I haven't heard. My DH meant to ask the Pool Bartender but forgot when we visited in November.
We are staying at the CBR this coming November and can't wait to see the changes!

What will the pool be like when it is done? I'm sorry if you have already posted about the final result but I haven't heard. My DH meant to ask the Pool Bartender but forgot when we visited in November.
We are staying at the CBR this coming November and can't wait to see the changes!

If you look at Safetymom's pictures in the starting thread of this topic, they had already started pre-construction work outside the current main pool area putting up what appears to be retaining walls. The best guess is that they are making it larger. YIPPEE FOR THAT!!! :thumbsup2 My kiddos are hoping for a killer slide. :banana: Safetymom has alot of info. For updates on the pool construction, just check back, she will be updating the first page with ongoing updates.

Denise

If you look at Safetymom's pictures in the starting thread of this topic, they had already started pre-construction work outside the current main pool area putting up what appears to be retaining walls. The best guess is that they are making it larger. YIPPEE FOR THAT!!! :thumbsup2 My kiddos are hoping for a killer slide. :banana: Safetymom has alot of info. For updates on the pool construction, just check back, she will be updating the first page with ongoing updates.

Denise

I guess I'm hoping to be told that the pool will become a Zero Entry depth pool. :cloud9: Wishful thinking? I saw all the construction a couple of months ago during our stay at the CBR but still couldn't figure out what they were doing. :confused3 LOL.

Just back from CBR. There are no slides yet at the pools they were supposed to get them.

The main pool is closed but they don't have the construction walls up yet. I will be posting pictures from today later today.

I just got back from CBR. Yes the main pool is closed. The slides that were supposed to be installed at Jamaica and Barbados aren't there yet. The construction walls aren't up yet around the pool. It looked so strange to not see anyone swimming and the chairs stacked up. You do walk further than before if you are staying in Trinidad North to get to Old Port Royale.

I will go back again in a few days to see if the construction walls are up yet.
cbrpoolclosed_0030.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0031.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0029.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0025.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0019.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0023.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0018.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0002.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0003.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0004.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0008.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0007.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0005.jpg

We stayed at CBR from 12/26 to 1/3 in the Jamaica area. It was great. Out room was mere feet from our car, but we didn't have a ton of noise. I was a little afraid that it was going to be too far from the grub, but teh walk over the bridge was pretty short.

We stayed at CBR Nov 28th - Dec 4th. At that time they weren't working on the pool yet, just near it. Not quite sure what was going on. Didn't really hamper anything for us. We just had to walk a around the construction to get to the mail pool. We were in Trinadad North building 35. It will be interesting to see the end result.

I did like the size of the rooms. It was my husband and my 11 yr old daughter. We had plenty of room. I also like the double sink idea! That worked great while we were all getting ready in the morning. :thumbsup2

My family DW and DS(1) are checking into CBR on 2/13. We are in CR from 2/9-2/13 for my sister in laws wedding. I have requested rooms next to each other with my in-laws. What are my chances of getting this in CBR at this time of the year?

Thank you for your help.

Did you have Disney note the records with a "travel with"? They will not guarantee it. That is still a busy time at WDW.

Yes, we have called and had our reservation noted. They didnt guarentee it as you said, but I was wondering the chances. I suspect it is busy since it is the final week of the lower rates. Oh well, I am sure we will still have fun. If the CBR is anything like the real Carribean I am sure it is impossible to have anything BUT a good time.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter