• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always left my extra cash in the safe, along with ipods, and have never had a problem.

We kept all kinds of valubles in the safe and I never worried about it. I kept the key with me all the time. No biggie and very safe. :thumbsup2

I have to say we are having a beautiful week this week. we have been over to Port Royale several times and the only time I even notice any construction is when we are crossing the bridge to go over and eat (were in Jamaica blg). I thought I was going to see all kinds of construction going on around the main pool and I don't notice anything. I haven't been over there during the day but I don't see any inconvenience in going to the main pool. It is beautiful here and I haven't had any negative experiences yet. I was a little nervous with some of the reviews. The food has been great and we ate at shutters last night and it was delicious. Our waitress was so perfect and good to the kids we gave an extra tip on top of whatever the dining plan gives. We are definitely having a magical vacation. I came in on Saturday and don't leave until the 15th. So if I get internet again before I leave i'll post in an update if there is any on the construction. I plan on getting internet again at the end of the week.

Just got back from a week at CBR and we loved it! Thanks so much to this thread for all the tips and advice -- it really helped us.

We got our requested room in Jamaica. We had a "garden view" which meant that all we saw when we looked out the window was very tall shrubery. We were tucked back into a corner and it was just perfect and so quiet. i've stayed at Pop Century and you could always hear people coming and going -- this time I never heard anyone!

The walk to Port Royale was really not that long, nor was the walk to the bus stop. I really expected it to be a burden, but it wasn't, maybe that's because the surroundings are so beautiful?! I found the walk at Pop Century to be quite long.

I loved the curtian divider in the room to create a dressing area. Also loved the bench to store stuff. We ordered groceries from Garden Grocer and they came on time and the order was correct. Bell services also did a great job with luggage.

I really can't complain about a single thing. It is a lovely resort. I'll be interested to see what they do with the pool area. We enjoyed the hot tub every night and DD loved the pool and the slide. I'm not sure when we'll be able to spring for a moderate hotel again, but I'd come back here for sure.

P.S. I didn't even notice there's a safe in the room. Where?!! LOL.

One of the resons I wanted to stay at CBR was the exciting main pool and kiddie pool. I was going to book a preferred location so my daughter and my dad would have a short walk to the pool and restaurants.

Will the kiddie pool still be open during the renovation in April 08? If not, which building becomes the "preferred location" during the renovation in terms of being near a large pool and a kiddie pool?

Also, will this really interfere with our vacation? My daughter will be 6, this is our first trip. I think we will spend most of our 4 days at the parks, not the hotel.

My first choice was Cornonado Springs but I cn't get a room. The AAA agent reccomends the Port Orleans Hotels, but they don't sound as exciting visually, and they are further from MK and AK.

Any insights appreciated.

Welcome to the DIS. I would imagine the kiddie pool will be closed also since it is very close to the main pool.

Each village has a quiet pool. None of them also have a kiddie pool. Jamaica and Barbados will have a slide during the construction of the main pool. Just keep checking the first post of this FAQ for updated information on the resort.

Glad I found this thread! We will be at CBR on Feb 1-6 just in time for the Pirate and Princess Party! So excited about finally staying here, have wanted to for years!

I have an unusual CBR question. We are going in December w/ my 1 year old. She is used to falling asleep at night in the DARK with music playing... Ipod and speakers will solve the music situation. For the dark... Is the curtained area around the sink big enough to stick a pack and play or portable crib in?

Yes, the curtain area is pretty big. We were able to set up the ironing board and a pop up hamper straight out long with no trouble. The area is almost as long as the room is wide - minus the bathroom which has a door but is within the curtain area. You will also have a nice spot for your ipod with outlet. Have fun! 21 days and counting until we are back at CBR.

Last year, DD and I grabbed an ice cream at OPR and sat outside at the tables facing the lagoon and had a great view - much better than being in Epcot trying to fight the crowds. too bad, I didn't discover this until our last night. If you look to the right of the lagoon (with OPR behind you) you can also see fireworks from somewhere else - not sure where. Have fun - 21 days and counting til we arrive at CBR.

Yes, the curtain area is pretty big. We were able to set up the ironing board and a pop up hamper straight out long with no trouble. The area is almost as long as the room is wide - minus the bathroom which has a door but is within the curtain area. You will also have a nice spot for your ipod with outlet. Have fun! 21 days and counting until we are back at CBR.

Thanks for the response. That was the only thing I was slightly worried about! We have a week and a month left :(

If the construction at CBR is almost done? I was told it was scheduled to be done on 11/14 or 11/15. Look like it is possible??????

I doubt it. I was there last week and they still weren't anywhere near finished. It shouldn't impact your vacation.

I doubt it. I was there last week and they still weren't anywhere near finished. It shouldn't impact your vacation.

Oh well :sad2: I wasn't really worried for me, as we have been there before, but this is my sister, bil and niece's first trip there. My niece is 2 and has no right side of her heart (she has had 3 open heart surgeries) on top of it being my sister's 30th birthday and I really wanted it to be perfect!

I am sure we will have a very magical vacation anyway!!!! :dance3:

It looks like a dock or pier. If I get the chance I will run over in a couple of days again and take pictures.

We leave for CBR in 11 days and I have one question. Do the rooms have VCRs in them and if so, can you record on them?

Thanks for a wonderful thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter