Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what kind of coffee pots are in the rooms at CBR? Are they cone filters or regular basket filters? My husband is a coffee snob and I will be bringing his coffee to make each morning. I will have to bring some filters, but what kind to bring. Worst case I will bring both, but I would like to save some space if possible!

When we were there in June, the coffee pots were the 4 cup basket kind.

Here are some pictures of the main pool at night from our October '06 honeymoon at CBR....

100_0381.jpg

100_0380.jpg

100_0379.jpg

Sorry they are a little blurry.

MariaEllerºoº;20449790 said:
12 hours until take off! C ya at CBR!!! Pool party! WooHoo!!

My official countdown now.......24 hours until I'm out of bed again and heading to the airport! Hhhheeeelllloooo CBR!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

The coffee that is supplied is already in the filter. But the coffeemaker will take the basket type filter if you bring your own coffee.
FYI if anyone wants to do that (and we might also since dh doesn't care for some different brands) Buy the smaller filters for the 4-cup pot. Regular 8-12 cup or similar will fold over and fill your cup with grounds. ;)

Here are some pictures of the main pool at night from our October '06 honeymoon at CBR....

Sorry they are a little blurry.
Blurry didn't bother me! Thanks for posting those! That pool looks like a very pretty place at night. I can't wait to see it in person!

Just wondering how long the walk is to food court if you are in one of the farthest room (not including Trinidad South).

Just wondering how long the walk is to food court if you are in one of the farthest room (not including Trinidad South).
10 minutes or so, depending on your pace.

I was in one of the farthest-out preferred location rooms, at the far end of Trinidad North 33. From my room to OPR was a 5 minute walk ... from a preferred location room.

Thank you! I have to pack coffee filters today!

FYI if anyone wants to do that (and we might also since dh doesn't care for some different brands) Buy the smaller filters for the 4-cup pot. Regular 8-12 cup or similar will fold over and fill your cup with grounds. ;)

Just wonderin'...

On the new DSA CBR map it appears that DSA's are everywhere - looks to be more than before and on the maps it looks like it will be nearly impossible to get a room a distance from a DSA.

We have a serious respiratory issue, so it will be important to as smoke free as possible.

Just wondering if anyone has visited since the new smoking guidelines and what your experience was at CBR regarding DSA's etc.

We've stayed there many times, but always in Martinque (before and after pref). This time have only been able to get a std room.

Any suggestions?
Thanks much!

But did they use a filter? Or did the was the coffee already in filter bag?

The coffee supplied by Disney is the kind already in a filter. I would suggest you bring along the basket type filters. If you have the tall filters, you can simply cut them to size to keep them from folding over when the water starts to drip.

We will be going to CBR in Jan with our DD and her DH. We're riding down with them this time so at times we may not have access to a vehicle. My DH and I love to wind down at night at the pool bar. Can anyone tell me how late the internal buses run in case we are assigned a room farther away then we are use to?

Has anyone ever had a special cake delivered to their room at CBR before? I'm not entirely sure if that option is available to me or not, and I was hoping that if so then they would deliver it when we were out for the day and find it when we came back that evening.
I hear the cakes at WDW are to DIE for and I plan to get one for our DSs Bday. :cloud9:

MariaEllerºoº;20449790 said:
12 hours until take off! C ya at CBR!!! Pool party! WooHoo!!

enjoy your trip down....we'll be by your way on monday night
got my clothes ready....all i need is to iron and pack:thumbsup2

I just spent a week at CBR (8/18-8/25) with my DH, DD14 and DS10. ALso, my parents were with us. We were in connecting rooms 5157 and 5158, Aruba building 51-room 5157 was a corner room with two double beds and 5158 was a slight parking lot view with two double beds. It was short walk to Old Port Royale and the main pool right over Caribbean Cay. The Jamaca bus stop was a slight bit shorter walk so we used that one more often.

The resort is beautiful and we had a great time and would go back again. If anyone has any specific questions please let me know.

It is hard to get back to reality!

Denise

I just spent a week at CBR (8/18-8/25) with my DH, DD14 and DS10. ALso, my parents were with us. We were in connecting rooms 5157 and 5158, Aruba building 51-room 5157 was a corner room with two double beds and 5158 was a slight parking lot view with two double beds. It was short walk to Old Port Royale and the main pool right over Caribbean Cay. The Jamaca bus stop was a slight bit shorter walk so we used that one more often.

The resort is beautiful and we had a great time and would go back again. If anyone has any specific questions please let me know.

It is hard to get back to reality!

Denise

We have reservations for the CBR in two weeks :banana: very excited!!
My question is we are going with my sister n her family, so we have two rooms reserved, is there anyway to get those rooms joined? And if so do we need to do it before we arrive?
Thanks,
Suzette

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter