• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if you get an S-Video cable, you can hook it up to your TV. If you want the sound to come out of your TV, you will also need to buy a cable with a headphone plug on one end and red and white RCA plugs on the other.

Best Buy tends to way overcharge on cables -- I buy mine from Monoprice.com. You can get a 6-foot S-video cable for $2.75 here and a 6-foot headphone-to-RCA cable for $0.66 here. Shipping for both cables together will be about $3, so your total is under $6.50. Best Buy charges $19 for the same quality S-video cable and $8 for the same quality audio cable, for a total of $27.

Below is a picture of the front of the TV showing the connectors:

32zu8wl.jpg

Wow!! You guys are so awesome, thank you so much!!! Great info to buy so cheaply and a picture, too! You've been so helpful, I really appreciate you taking your time to upload that tv pic, and find the exact cable info that I will need! It's great to have just what I need spelled out here, very helpful, I don't have to try to go figure it out and explain to somebody what I need! Plus, I've spent way to much at best buy lately, so this is great! And, I can do it all from right here! Thank you guys very much!! :worship: :goodvibes

My mother will be renting a scooter for our upcoming Feb trip to CBR. While she is not wheelchair bound, she will need this scooter for the week with all of the walking that will be done. Anyhow, can you be guaranteed a ground level room because you have a scooter? And, when would the best time to request it be? (I have heard CBR has no elevators, is this correct?)

Thanks!

Just incase it hasn't been answered yet. You need to request it when you book, so if you need to call back, I'd do that now. Tell them you have an elderly (don't tell your mom) person that needs to be on the ground floor. I normally request on when we are traveling w/ a baby b/c of the stroller. I know Port Orleans FQ doesn't have an elavator (or we didn't find one). Disney tends to be very accomadating when you make special requests. And if its not correct when you get there just ask them to change it. DD needs a fridge for medicine & normally its not in there when we get there, so they bring it later, same w/ pack & paly.

For those of you who have stayed at CBR in the past few weeks, did any of you get a flier for the bounceback offer for next year?

Can you be more specific? Paint needed? Trash on the ground? What did you see?

Specifically-As you are walking along the sidewalks by the beaches there are drains that are plugged so large areas of water are standing on the sidewalks. They either need to unclog the drains or send someone around to push the water off.
I also think they should go around the beaches each night and go over the sand, re-set the chairs,ect. They do it at the deluxe resorts. Start the beach out fresh each day.
I didn't really notice trash being a problem.
I do wish they would wipe down the tables and chairs outside the food courts each morning. We would go out there to sit and eat and had to wipe the water off before sitting down.
Not majors issues-just my observations.:)

Specifically-As you are walking along the sidewalks by the beaches there are drains that are plugged so large areas of water are standing on the sidewalks. They either need to unclog the drains or send someone around to push the water off.
I also think they should go around the beaches each night and go over the sand, re-set the chairs,ect. They do it at the deluxe resorts. Start the beach out fresh each day.
I do wish they would wipe down the tables and chairs outside the food courts each morning. We would go out there to sit and eat and had to wipe the water off before sitting down.

I can't speak about the standing water. They do wipe down the tables every morning. Maybe they aren't done early but there is a CM that spends their time outside wiping down tables and picking up trash.

The chairs were arranged on the beach nicely when I was there.

For those of us who have no idea. What is a bounc back flier?

It is more or less an invitation to book a trip for a certain time next year (don't remember dates) for free dining before it becomes available to the public. There have been other ones out there that wer ejust a discount on the room. This offer has to be booked before you check out and you can do that at the front desk, or call from your room, which is what I did. There was a piece of paper in our room that told what the different offers were. We saved about $1000 by booking it.

Suzanne

Maybe everyone was just busy with the renovations to the rooms in Barbados because every trip we have taken to CBR they have always been out early each morning blowing the sidewalks clear of sand and then raking the beaches, setting up lawn chairs and fixing up hammocks that got twisted during the night. I've also seen them cleaning off tables and chairs by OPR every morning. Hopefully the service hasn't been cut back, but I would say if this hadn't been done each morning then they're probably busy with the renovations of all the rooms.

Thanks, maybe a good night sleep and more room in the bed???
Can't wait!!! CBR is the only mod resort we haven't stayed
at and we're really excited.

We booked a standard room for this visit (save a penny where we can)
Is there a particular std room building anyone would recommend.
We'll be with my parents (mid 60's) and would like to be close
to bus and food if possible.

I would suggest requesting Jamaica 45, 46 or 44 or Aruba 51 or 52. These are the closest buildings to the bridge and island that leads to OPR without having to pay for Preferred Rooms in Martinique and Trinidad North.

I believe Martinique 22, 23 and 21 are standard rooms as well.

For those of you who have stayed at CBR in the past few weeks, did any of you get a flier for the bounceback offer for next year?

We were there from 9/4-9/19 and had a 2nd room for part of the trip. The main room had a flyer, the second room did not. Also, most people we talked to about it at the pool or on the buses did not know anything about it. They may have (1) not gotten the flyer, or (2) not really known what it was for if they did see it. We told several people to call about it before they checked out a a few of them bounced back. We were so pleased to have helped them out! Also, passed on the name of the Dis, but haven't seen them here yet. :goodvibes

When should I call to confirm the requests that I put in for my trip??
I think we requested Building 45 (Jamaica), crib for the room. Also we are traveling with friends. If I let them know will they try to get us rooms together? My concern is that we land at 11pm at night and I really would like no hassels about the room since I am sure it will be midnight by the time we are in our rooms.

When should I call to confirm the requests that I put in for my trip??
I think we requested Building 45 (Jamaica), crib for the room. Also we are traveling with friends. If I let them know will they try to get us rooms together? My concern is that we land at 11pm at night and I really would like no hassels about the room since I am sure it will be midnight by the time we are in our rooms.

I would call them tomorrow to let them know you'll be traveling with friends. Ask them to link your reservations as "Travel With" and then confirm the requests you have made by order of importance...like crib, Jamaica 45, 1st floor, etc.... If you have 8 or more in your group ask for them to place you as a Grand Gathering. This will also help enable them to keep your rooms close to each other. Also ask them to make a notation that you will be a late arrival and give them an estimated time of arrival.

Thanks! There are 8 of us, but 2 of them are infants so they told us we don't count as a 'great gathering group' :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter