• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
mom2taylorandemily - Just to chime in...we were at CBR last week, and I must have been on the big slide over 50 times (yes, even 40 somethings can have fun on the slide..LOL). The slide starts off going straight then veers off to the right, then veers off to the left, kind of like a backwards S. It is a bit dark inside, but it is not scary and all the kids of all ages were coming out smiling. There is a lifeguard at the top to let you know when it is your turn and all is clear. You also have a great view of some of the fireworks at the parks up there (I know one is EPCOT, not sure of the other that we saw)...in fact...we sat in the water near the zero entry entrance and watched the fireworks one night...very relaxing.

mom2taylorandemily - Just to chime in...we were at CBR last week, and I must have been on the big slide over 50 times (yes, even 40 somethings can have fun on the slide..LOL). The slide starts off going straight then veers off to the right, then veers off to the left, kind of like a backwards S. It is a bit dark inside, but it is not scary and all the kids of all ages were coming out smiling. There is a lifeguard at the top to let you know when it is your turn and all is clear. You also have a great view of some of the fireworks at the parks up there (I know one is EPCOT, not sure of the other that we saw)...in fact...we sat in the water near the zero entry entrance and watched the fireworks one night...very relaxing.

We watched from the pool a couple of times, it was wonderful! I ended up wiping out at the MNSSHP one night (I fell over a tripod sign's legs on the 16th) and my knees were so sore afterward that I spent a good bit of time in the pool afterwards (less weight on my knees) and really enjoyed being able to see the fireworks.

We will be staying at CBR for the 1st time Nov 9th-16th. We are excited and appreciate all the info on this thread. We are taking our 11 year old nephew and we know he'll love the pool.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

I know this post falls into the "asked and answered" category, but I didn't see the answer on the last few pages, sooooo...are the pirate rooms in the preferred section? If not, how far from the food and main pool?

I know this post falls into the "asked and answered" category, but I didn't see the answer on the last few pages, sooooo...are the pirate rooms in the preferred section? If not, how far from the food and main pool?

The pirate rooms are the furthest away from everything. I believe its Trinidad South building. Its probably the least used part of the resort because noone wants to stay there due to how far away it is from everything. Hence the reason they made pirate rooms out of this area to entice people to want to stay in that portion of the resort.

Many people find Trinidad South far from OPR but there are many others that actually request it. They find it more secluded and don't mind the walk. It is about a 10 minute walk or you can take the internal shuttle.

Many people find Trinidad South far from OPR but there are many others that actually request it. They find it more secluded and don't mind the walk. It is about a 10 minute walk or you can take the internal shuttle.

Is the internal shuttle a realistic way to travel to the food and OPR? How frequently does it run? Can you just drive your own car from your room to OPR - adequate parking space there for that? Do the regular Disney park busses stop only at OPR or do they have stops around the resort?

Many people don't mind walking. There is a bus stop at each village so you are never far from a bus stop to go to the parks or OPR.

Sure you can drive to OPR if you prefer. There is plenty of parking there.

I booked the pirate room, but we drive, I did the wait for busses thing once, and I couldn't take it, lol. So, we either drive down or fly down, but rent a car once we get there. I'm just too impatient;)

Is the internal shuttle a realistic way to travel to the food and OPR? How frequently does it run? Can you just drive your own car from your room to OPR - adequate parking space there for that? Do the regular Disney park busses stop only at OPR or do they have stops around the resort?

The Internal Shuttle runs every 10 minutes or so on the following route:
Custom House -> Mart. -> OPR -> T.N. -> T.S. -> Jamaica -> Aruba -> Barb. -> C.H....

Epcot, DHS, and AK Busses take the following route:
Jamaica -> Aruba -> Barb. -> Mart. -> OPR -> T.N. -> T.S. -> Exit

MK and DTD Busses take the following route:
Mart. -> OPR -> T.N. -> T.S. -> Jamaica -> Aruba -> Barb. -> Exit

Therefore if you're in Jamaica, Aruba, or Barbados you can take any Epcot, DHS, AK, or Internal Shuttle bus to OPR and any MK, DTD, or Internal Shuttle bus back.

In Martinique you can take any bus to OPR but you must take the Internal Shuttle back.

In the Trinidads you must take the Internal Shuttle to OPR, but you can take any bus back.

Also note that the Barbados bus stop is across the street from the Custom House, so after check-in those staying in Barbados should walk, and those staying in Martinique and the Trinidads should cross the street to Barbados and take any Epcot, DHS, AK, or Internal Shuttle bus.

Is there a specific spot location for catching the Internal shuttle?
(like a bus stop sign)

There is a bus stop at each village. It will show you on the resort map where they are located.

Yep, it's a large roofed structure with a back wall and partial walls on each side. They have ceiling fans and lights and benches. Also, they usually have newspaper stands (USA Today) and a soda machine at each. There are also trash cans and a resort phone and heart defib machine at each. It's set up very well and supplies most of what you could need while waiting for a bus, with the exception of a bathroom, :goodvibes . More than once, we wished they had those at the stops, but ... alas. :confused3 :rotfl2:

The Internal Shuttle runs every 10 minutes or so on the following route:
Custom House -> Mart. -> OPR -> T.N. -> T.S. -> Jamaca -> Aruba -> Barb. -> C.H....

Epcot, DHS, and AK Busses take the following route:
Jamaca -> Aruba -> Barb. -> Mart. -> OPR -> T.N. -> T.S. -> Exit

MK and DTD Busses take the following route:
Mart. -> OPR -> T.N. -> T.S. -> Jamaca -> Aruba -> Barb. -> Exit

Therefore if you're in Jamaca, Aruba, or Barbados you can take any Epcot, DHS, AK, or Internal Shuttle bus to OPR and any MK, DTD, or Internal Shuttle bus back.

In Martinique you can take any bus to OPR but you must take the Internal Shuttle back.

In the Trinidads you must take the Internal Shuttle to OPR, but you can take any bus back.

Also note that the Barbados bus stop is across the street from the Custom House, so after check-in those staying in Barbados should walk, and those staying in Martinique and the Trinidads should cross the street to Barbados and take any Epcot, DHS, AK, or Internal Shuttle bus.

Wow! Thanks for that information! I printed it up and will be sure to keep it w/me on my next trip--it will sure help speed things up if I know there is more than one bus option to get to certain places.

There is a bus stop at each village. It will show you on the resort map where they are located.

So, This bus stop would be for the internal shuttle and the bus going to
the parks? or does the internal shuttle have it's own stop?

Also, Does the Bus that is the Internal Shuttle have this on the Front banner--
like the busses that say: MK, AK, Epcot, DHS?

My mother will be renting a scooter for our upcoming Feb trip to CBR. While she is not wheelchair bound, she will need this scooter for the week with all of the walking that will be done. Anyhow, can you be guaranteed a ground level room because you have a scooter? And, when would the best time to request it be? (I have heard CBR has no elevators, is this correct?)

Thanks!

I would call and tell them she has a hard time going up stairs. This is what we do for dd, she is autistic and freaks out when we go up stairs.

Just back last night from a another great stay. (I posted a separate thread)

For those looking for some info.:

We used the laundry room - $2.00 per machine; there is a vending machine with Tide, Downy and Bounce - $1.00 each (Bounce is 2 sheets).

Do remember to bring your Key card because you need it to unlock the laundry room door.

New since our last trip is a concierge desk by the food court. I was able to print SW boarding passes there - very convenient.

I was told by Mousekeeping that the Nemo rooms in Martinque are complete and now working on Barbados.

I found the buses to not be consistent when using either front or back gate. MK buses used both gates; Studio buses used both gates. So that theory on which gate they use isn't always reliable.

The all you can drink mug is generic and only available in the taller, thinner style, not the shorter fat style.

The bounce back offer was on the table when we checked in. But we're not bouncing back; waiting till Dec. for my son's b'day (and I love going at Christmas time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter