• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Lifejackets are available at the pool for little kids? Usually we just sign one out for the week when we are at Poly. I figured CBR would have them too, just wanted to be sure. TIA.

I think I am going to call this weekend and book a trip for June. I dont think I am going to book preferred. Which locations should I suggest that is close to the Food Court and Pool. Can I request a building number, or just a building.

And if I want to book a preferred room, is one building better than another?

Thanks again, in advance!

I think I am going to call this weekend and book a trip for June. I dont think I am going to book preferred. Which locations should I suggest that is close to the Food Court and Pool. Can I request a building number, or just a building.

And if I want to book a preferred room, is one building better than another?

Thanks again, in advance!
If you don't reserve a preferred location room, then you'd be just as well to request "close to food court and main pool" as you would to request Jamaica and Aruba, the 2 villages most often cited as closest to Old Port Royale (after the preferred location rooms, of course). If you feel you must use a number, request "Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51."

If you do decide to spring for the preferred location room, your exact location really shouldn't matter much.

If being close to Old Port Royale is important to you, then spend the extra money on the preferred location room ... you'll be happy you did. It's a lonbg time between now and June, and you won't have to spend any of that time being concerned about what room location you get.

Hi!

Just back from a trip to CBR today!

When we were checking out the people at Custom House thought the pool would be ready in the next couple of days! (Just our luck!) It is looking fantastic and the water is in!

We did take some pics but we haven't downloaded them yet.

Just to say - everything you guys say about CBR is true - we had an amazing time there and we loved everything about the resort. It was the comfiest bed I've ever slept in in a hotel and the whole feel of the place was lovely. We were in Barbados building 11 and it was beautiful. I know people say don't bother paying for a waterview room but I was rather glad we did as we had a lovely view of the lake and OPR.

Oh, just downloaded photos taken on Wednesday evening! (27th?)

DSCF1405.jpg

DSCF1406.jpg

inspired by another thread, but... anyone know if you can get sangria at the bar here?

Hi!

Just back from a trip to CBR today!

When we were checking out the people at Custom House thought the pool would be ready in the next couple of days! (Just our luck!) It is looking fantastic and the water is in!

We did take some pics but we haven't downloaded them yet.

Just to say - everything you guys say about CBR is true - we had an amazing time there and we loved everything about the resort. It was the comfiest bed I've ever slept in in a hotel and the whole feel of the place was lovely. We were in Barbados building 11 and it was beautiful. I know people say don't bother paying for a waterview room but I was rather glad we did as we had a lovely view of the lake and OPR.

Oh, just downloaded photos taken on Wednesday evening! (27th?)

DSCF1405.jpg

DSCF1406.jpg

Thanks for the update!!!

I am new here and I am glad I found this board. Thanks for all the great info. I just booked our WDW vacation for April, 09 at CBR. I am so excited but it seems so far away. Can anyone tell me what days do they have the Caribbean Pirate adventure cruise? My son would love to do this.

I have been a long time lurker on this thread this whole summer and this being my first REAL post I wanted to thank WPXC and Safetymom for their info. It has been very valuable (and in WPXC case very hopeful).

Haha, definitely very hopeful. I think we enjoy doing it because it gets us excited about these things too!

On that note, here is my pool update..a bit late..but still here. Pictures first:

Kiddie area, complete and ready to go, only waiting on the fencing to be finished
CBR_1.jpg

Perspective on huge size of pool/deck
CBR_2.jpg

The fortress with new slide :goodvibes
CBR_3.jpg

More kiddie
CBR_4.jpg

A blurry pic
CBR_5.jpg

One of the pool deck entrances
CBR_6.jpg

The old fortress, repainted and ready to go (staircase on the left leads to the smaller slide) and supposedly the cannons will be working :thumbsup2
CBR_7.jpg

Another blurry one
CBR_8.jpg

Between the old fortresses to the new one!
CBR_9.jpg

Closer shot of the slide
CBR_10.jpg

"15" person hot tub and shallow end of the pool
CBR_11.jpg

Zero-depth entry and more new fortress
CBR_12.jpg

More old fortress
CBR_13.jpg

A pretty one :3dglasses
CBR_14.jpg

A really terrible shot of the old slide, still in place
CBR_15.jpg

Okay here's the general update. Pool opening remains somewhere around
September 6th/7th, I think the 8th at the latest. As stated before there are two hot tubs supposedly able to hold 15 people each, looks closer to 10 or so. The cannons on the old fortress are said to be working again (haven't seen this with my own two eyes yet). The kiddie area is complete. The bathroom buildings are one of the final things needing to be finished. (The new bathrooms are huge in case anyone was interested). I believe there is also a companion restroom. There will be a handicapped lift on the pool deck. Three lifeguards will initially guard the pool. The slide is equipped with a red light/green light system so children hopefully don't go down on top of each other.

That's all I can think of for now. Any other questions feel free to ask and I'll either have an answer or find an answer. pirate:

For anyone interested these pictures were taken just before sunrise this morning (8/29) so the lighting is a bit odd. I apologize for some of the blurry pictures.

Enjoy!

I am new here and I am glad I found this board. Thanks for all the great info. I just booked our WDW vacation for April, 09 at CBR. I am so excited but it seems so far away. Can anyone tell me what days do they have the Caribbean Pirate adventure cruise? My son would love to do this.

Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. Call 407-WDW-DINE to book! Cruises fill up pretty far out.

:welcome:

You will love the CBR! We've stayed many times and always had a great stay. Enjoy!:goodvibes

Wow thank you for more pictures WPXC you are so awesome taking care of us this way. I really appreciate it! So thanks again.

Rebecca :worship:

I am curious about how big the slide is at the main pool. It looks very small in the pictures compared to the slide at POR?

wpxc, thanks so much for the update and pics! They look great and it still gives me hope for an opening when we arrive 9-7. How deep is the pool? Can you tell us what the weather been like this last week?

Anyone know :confused3 ?? Thanks

.. no clue cause I have never stayed at CBR however ... I thought I would suggest that you call the resort, since they have water rentals like paddle boats etc I am sure life jackets are required. You may be able to 'rent' one from them and/or they can probably tell you about the availability at the pool.

When we were looking into the cabins at Fort Wilderness (gasp) before we booked CBR there was a seperate phone number for FW that 407-W-Disney gave me to ask questions about the various activities at the resort so I am sure you can call CBR directly to get same type of info.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter