Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safetymom, I was just wondering, if the Patio area by the Banana Cabana will remain open throughout the construction? I love to eat outside in the morning, but Iam not sure how it would be with all the construction equipment out. We'll be there March 13th for 9 days. This will be our 15th trip to the CBR. I was wondering when you request a certain area who do you speak to? I've never really requested an area because we usually got a preferred room, this year we were unable to get one. My husband has battle with cancer for the past 4 years and was diagnosed with diabetes a month ago. He likes to be by the food court because when rests during the afternoon he likes to be able to go grab a bite or get something to drink. He's usually very tired and a close walk to the food court is always a bonus to us. I was thinking of calling to find out if we could get a certain area, we are in a waterview room. Thank you

Yes the patio area is still open. You will be able to eat outside. You should call reservations and have them add your requests to your reservation. If being close is important I would see if a preferred location is available and change your reservation from a water view to a preferred location. I would request Martinique btw either way.

We will be there March 11 - 17th. I am a little nervous about all the construction on the pools. We can do without those, but does all the construction mess up the beautiful views when walking over from Aruba, Jamaica, etc.? We have always loved CBR for the caribbean feel all over, and I am worried that that 'magic' won't be there. And does the construction affect renting the water crafts? I read about differing bike paths but not the water craft. Is it still worth the difference than staying at Pop or another value? We LOVE CBR!:love: :love:

You will still have a great time at CBR. It is still a lovely walk over the bridge and island. Once to get to the pool side there is fencing up but you can walk on the new deck that was built. The water craft are still available for rent. If you are biking there is a detour around the construction but you can still do it.

Thanks safetymom for all your info.:thumbsup2 We stayed at CBR in 2006 and loved it!!:love: We're going back in 2009 :rolleyes1 and can't wait to see the new pool area. It looks like more then the pool area is being changed. I look forward to your future info and pictures!!:goodvibes

We will be there March 11 - 17th. I am a little nervous about all the construction on the pools. We can do without those, but does all the construction mess up the beautiful views when walking over from Aruba, Jamaica, etc.? We have always loved CBR for the caribbean feel all over, and I am worried that that 'magic' won't be there. And does the construction affect renting the water crafts? I read about differing bike paths but not the water craft. Is it still worth the difference than staying at Pop or another value? We LOVE CBR!:love: :love:

Hi!!! We will be there 3-14 to 3-21!!! Thanks for posting your question. I was thinking the same thing, but thanks to Safetymom, I am still feeling like I made the right choice to try CBR!!! ;)

We'll be there March 13th to the 21st...we'll all be neighbors!:goodvibes Can't wait, it will be our 15th trip to the CBR, we love it! :lovestruc

Hi there! New to the Caribbean Beach resort, and I'm trying to find out where exactly it is located in regards to Epcot. From the map, I can't tell.

Thanks for any help!

Does anyone know the number at the Grab and Go or someone else at CBR that I can find out what kinds of wine they have there. I have to have my White Zinfidel, Beringer preferred. They had it at WL last year. Thanks

We are thinking of booking this resort for myself, DW, DD 7yrs, DS 1yr for late Aug running into Early Sept. There is no way we can go any later unfortunately. It will be our first family trip to a Disney resort, and we want it to be perfect.

Could the pool be finished early in anyones oppinion?
My daughter would love it!

If not, what is the next best moderate resort we should start looking at and why?

First post so -

Thanks

We are thinking of booking this resort for myself, DW, DD 7yrs, DS 1yr for late Aug running into Early Sept. There is no way we can go any later unfortunately. It will be our first family trip to a Disney resort, and we want it to be perfect.

Could the pool be finished early in anyones oppinion?
My daughter would love it!

If not, what is the next best moderate resort we should start looking at and why?

First post so -

Thanks
We absolutely love all the aspects of CBR. We started going when our first two were 4 and 5. Even if the main pool were'nt finished, I think we would still choose CBR. It's just got that magic of an island with pirate (aargh)memorabilia and tropical themes...Although we have not been POR or COR, when looking at the themes, for us the fun of an island meets pirates/tropics outweighs all the others. I think you're little ones will too!

Hi there! New to the Caribbean Beach resort, and I'm trying to find out where exactly it is located in regards to Epcot. From the map, I can't tell.

Thanks for any help!

CBR is across the street from the back of Epcot. But unfortunately the entrance is on the other side of the park.

Hi!
We're thinking of staying at CBR for the first time, and the main attraction would be the beaches. Are there beaches other than in the main pool area? Thanks for your help!:)

Yes, there is a beach at every village. The beaches at Jamaica and Barbados have small playground areas on them, but all of the beaches have hammocks and beach chairs and warm, soft, white sand....... boy, do I wish I was there now....:rolleyes1

We are staying at CBR and wondered if we could take a bus to the boardwalk yacht club area and then walk from there to the epcot entrance by france with a base ticket? I assume you have to take a bus to Disney transportation center and then to one of the properties? We love the boardwalk area but aren't sure of the best way to get there and back from Caribbean resort. thanks

Howdy to everyone who will be at CBR between the 12th aqnd 16th Happy Valentines Day............see ya there.

Although if you look at a WDW map, it looks like you can walk (or ride a scooter) to Epcot, it's simply not safe to do so. You would need to either drive your own car, take a taxi or ride a bus to Epcot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter