Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

Thiago Acquaviva

Mouseketeer
Hello guys! :)

I only went to Disney World twice and always keept it simple at value resorts (All Star Music 2014 and All Star Sports 2015).
Since I'm planning to try to make another trip next year (if the crisis here in Brazil take a break lol) I'm considering trying a moderate resort to have a chance to enjoy the free dining plan (not the quick service that I'm used to). Considering these 2 options (coronado and caribbean), which one is the best overall?
I mean the enviroment, the theming, the service, the look, the location, the dining, etc.

And I want to know if worths to spend that much money for a hotel room that we barely only use to sleep and take some breaks after parks (for us in Brazil it's sadly a big difference $-R$)

Big thanks in advance!

I have stayed at both within the past 3 months. Coronado is by far the winner in my book. It is much more relaxing, the grounds are beautiful, the rooms are beautiful and clean, and the pool is nicer. The layout of CBR is confusing to me, but it's easy to get around at CSR. The bus service is great. Both Pepper Market and the food at the pool bar were good and the drinks at the Laguna bar are excellent. CBR was just so crowded.

We always book the highest tier of resort that we can afford. I would say it is worth going up to a moderate, if you can afford it.

I think it depends on what is most important to you. We like the theme, feel, layout, and main pool best at CSR. We like the food court better at CBR. We found CBR to be much too big for us and we had bad luck with the buses. But they had much better food options, and we use the food court almost every morning.

I would go with the resort that appeals to me the most. CSR is is my favourite but some don't like its theme and the fact it has conventions.

We just returned from CSR. I wish I could say I loved it. I will say that it was absolutely beautiful. The pool was great and the drinks at the bar were great. We had a great Mousekeeping person but heard from others that theirs were awful. The food court was definitely not better than any of the other food courts, in fact was dirtier and not as friendly as we've ever had in value resorts. Had I not gotten a deal on the price that made it almost equal to the value resorts, I would be really upset with myself for spending extra money. My kids are looking forward to going back to Pop or trying AoA. It seemed like every time we were waiting for a bus back from a park, two or three would be stopping at other resorts, while we were still waiting for ours. Not sure if that is because it is more a "convention" hotel, but we won't be staying there again. My kids missed the "Disney" of the value resorts! I was really disappointed because I was looking forward to staying in a moderate and didn't feel like it was that much better than a value...

Coronado Springs! It offers a few deluxe amenities at a mod price. The resort has a newly renovated spa and salon; fitness center and dance club. If in the budget, give the business rooms a try with access to the Coconino Lounge (concierge-lite).

Another vote for CSR. What a pretty resort espically at night! The lights are so eye taking. We stayed at Christmas. Lovely staff, great pool, love the Pepper market. Good shop. The bus was ok too. We even saw the fireworks one night coming back from the Pepper Market over the lake. The only thing to note is as a disabled person I found the resort very large. We had a preferred room which was nearer the main building and it was still quite the hike in a wheelchair. I dread to think from the other buildings. The distance to the Maya pool was almost a bus journey!

My fav mod is POR or POFQ but it was fully booked. I have to say although we were dissapointed to not get Port Orleans I was glad at the chance to try this very charming resort. Would I stay again? Probably not instead of PO because of my disability and I miss the boat to Disney Springs but I assume you are able bodied. It is in my view better than CB.

We just returned from CSR. I wish I could say I loved it. I will say that it was absolutely beautiful. The pool was great and the drinks at the bar were great. We had a great Mousekeeping person but heard from others that theirs were awful. The food court was definitely not better than any of the other food courts, in fact was dirtier and not as friendly as we've ever had in value resorts. Had I not gotten a deal on the price that made it almost equal to the value resorts, I would be really upset with myself for spending extra money. My kids are looking forward to going back to Pop or trying AoA. It seemed like every time we were waiting for a bus back from a park, two or three would be stopping at other resorts, while we were still waiting for ours. Not sure if that is because it is more a "convention" hotel, but we won't be staying there again. My kids missed the "Disney" of the value resorts! I was really disappointed because I was looking forward to staying in a moderate and didn't feel like it was that much better than a value...
You mentioned a great point, I'm afraid to not live the "disney magic" that I lived while staying on value resorts like Music and Sports... I don't know if I try CSR or give Pop a try. I'm just not sure if the theming at Pop is as immersive in Disney as the All stars, do you think so? Is Pop better than the All Stars? or kinda like the same?

Hello guys! :)

I only went to Disney World twice and always keept it simple at value resorts (All Star Music 2014 and All Star Sports 2015).
Since I'm planning to try to make another trip next year (if the crisis here in Brazil take a break lol) I'm considering trying a moderate resort to have a chance to enjoy the free dining plan (not the quick service that I'm used to). Considering these 2 options (coronado and caribbean), which one is the best overall?
I mean the enviroment, the theming, the service, the look, the location, the dining, etc.

And I want to know if worths to spend that much money for a hotel room that we barely only use to sleep and take some breaks after parks (for us in Brazil it's sadly a big difference $-R$)

Big thanks in advance!

We've never stayed at CSR, but we loved everything about CBR. We found the grounds beautiful and relaxing, the food court had a lot of variety, the pool was fun, and the transportation was quick and efficient. In addition, each "village" has its own quiet pool if you didn't want the hustle and bustle of the main pool. We've never considered CSR as the theme/decor doesn't appeal to us, but we wouldn't hesitate to return to CBR. Good luck!

I love both, wouldn't be able to decide. I think I might let our kids pick for the next trip. They loved CBR but have never been to CSR.

Lots of positive reviews for CSR. I will say I have never stayed there but we did go to CBR April 2015 and were apprehensive going in because of the so-so reviews and really really loved it. Pool. Grounds. Food court. The rooms were recently renovated. The pool is fairly new. The kids loved it. We did get a preferred room but the general theme that rooms are too far from OPR is greatly overstated. My son keeps telling me he wants to go back when we go again in 2018. He's been to AKL (savanah view) and POFQ as well.

I have never stayed at CSR but have visited there many times and I'm opposite.. I love the CBR so much more... the theme, it didn't seem overcrowded at all, I've stayed there too many times to count and would def go back. But everyone is different.. so stay where you want to. Both are good choices..

You mentioned a great point, I'm afraid to not live the "disney magic" that I lived while staying on value resorts like Music and Sports... I don't know if I try CSR or give Pop a try. I'm just not sure if the theming at Pop is as immersive in Disney as the All stars, do you think so? Is Pop better than the All Stars? or kinda like the same?

Here is the thing: The value resorts have the most in your face Disney theming of all of the types of resorts. The moderate and deluxe resorts have Disney touches, but feel more like resorts, a get away from the real world, if you will. But the moderate and deluxe resorts have fancier pool areas with slides and hot tubs. And they have larger beds, and covered bus stops with benches. So it really depends on what feels more Disney to you. Would you kids appreciate a good pool slide more than the giant icons? Or would they rather see a giant sharks fin or Mickey mouse?

Here is the thing: The value resorts have the most in your face Disney theming of all of the types of resorts. The moderate and deluxe resorts have Disney touches, but feel more like resorts, a get away from the real world, if you will. But the moderate and deluxe resorts have fancier pool areas with slides and hot tubs. And they have larger beds, and covered bus stops with benches. So it really depends on what feels more Disney to you. Would you kids appreciate a good pool slide more than the giant icons? Or would they rather see a giant sharks fin or Mickey mouse?
Oh got it! thats nice to know! We're only 2 adults (27 and 29 years) and for us doesn't matter the fancy pools because we barely use it and fancy benches to wait for the buses, it's all about taking showers, sleeping, eating and having fun! We're like 2 kids that love Disney theming so maybe I can consider trying Pop Century before a moderate. But I do want to try different Disney hotels besides value category, you know, try new stuffs.
Big thanks for the explanation btw :) and sorry for my english

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter