Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs

Haygar2

DIS Veteran
So....I am getting ready to book our vacation for next year. Yes, I do it early so I can pay some every pay period. Some background info about my family: me 42, hubby 43, daughter 16, and son 12. Initially we were going to stay at a Value and book 2 rooms. One room just isn't big enough for the 4 of us. AoA suites are even more expensive than 2 rooms. Anyway...we have never stayed at a value, so I have been doing some research. Most reviews of the beds are that they are not very comfortable. We stayed in the Cabins last year and the bed was so HARD. I am afraid that the beds in the values are similar to them. I can't handle that for a week. I want a comfortable bed. I priced CBR and CSR for 2 rooms and they are about $600 more. I am willing to pay the extra to be comfortable. We are not worried about buses. We drive ourselves to the parks. Food courts are not an issue. We tend to eat something quick in the room for breakfast and eat at the parks. I would love to stay at POR or French Quarter, but they are generally omitted from Free Dining. And that is when we usually go.

We enjoyed CBR, biggest issue was buses (N/A for you) and we were very far from main pool (is pool proximity big deal?)

Trying CSR this time so can't comment.
Good luck

We have stayed at both of the resorts and enjoy them both. Here are some thoughts about the rooms since you say busses and food courts are not an issue for you.

CBR *Newly refurbished rooms are very nice. The pictures on the Disney official website have not been updated, but you can find pics on the Dis.
*Many of the rooms now have an extra fold-down bed that one of your kids could sleep on and you may be able to all stay in one room more comfortably. You would not be guaranteed this extra bed as parties of 5 get priority for these rooms, but you could request it.
*Big pool themed like a sand castle with one big slide and a smaller one.
*Preferred booking category gets you closer to the main building with pool, gift shop, and restaurants.

CSR *Just starting a refurb which may mean you have a newly refurbished room by next fall.
*There is a "Business Class" booking category which puts you in the most convenient building with a lounge with snacks and drinks from 7-10am and 5-10pm. There is also a wii in there as well as computers and two really helpful cast members.
*Huge pool with a long slide, arcade at the pool as well as a grill/pool bar that serves quick service meals and snacks like french fries. I think this pool is better for teens.

BOTH *Beach areas with hammocks.
* Wooden sliding doors separating the room from the sink area.
* Quiet pools in each section of the resort
* Comfortable Queen size beds

We are leaving for a Business Class stay at CSR in two days! We are traveling with our two youngest DD 20 and DD12.

I will add and someone can correct me if they have had a different experience:

CBR (we stayed pre kids / pre renovation so I won't comment much) - but compared to CSR (where we are staying in December and where I stayed pre renovation for a convention without the family) you will probably find more families with younger kids because of the theme vs. CSR. Also, CSR is a convention resort so you also get a little different feel since many are there for work and aren't hustling to and from the parks. Last two times we have stayed at POFQ and like you are opting for another resort in part because of free dining - but also now that the kids are older they really liked the theme of CSR over POFQ.

I think they are both great resorts, but I would recommend CSR for:
- fewer bus stops
- more dining options
- Dig Site (pool w/ great slide, huge hot tub, and poolside eatery/drinks)

We had planned on booking CSR, however, we did not get a room there for free dining this fall, so settled for CBR. We have never stayed in a moderate, so we are excited. I am disappointed it isn't CSR. We chose it based on it being a convention resort, so buses are apparently usually less busy. Less bus stops. We wanted to book business class for the club lounge lite. And overall, we just liked the theme a lot better. We watched MANY youtube videos. I just wouldn't hold my breath for a room there during free dining, we did and it did lead to disappointment after all that. I would watch some youtube videos of the grounds and rooms :)

Having never stayed at either (so take this with a grain of salt!), CSR is so much more appealing to me than CBR!!!!

I had to make a similar decision, for the record I haven't stayed in either so my opinion is worthless. I picked CSR although I was leaning twds CBR (CBR seems so relaxing). I picked CSR because the workout room is a big deal for my teen boys who would be lost without their daily workout. I also think they would like the more adult vibe of the pools.

So....I am getting ready to book our vacation for next year. Yes, I do it early so I can pay some every pay period. Some background info about my family: me 42, hubby 43, daughter 16, and son 12. Initially we were going to stay at a Value and book 2 rooms. One room just isn't big enough for the 4 of us. AoA suites are even more expensive than 2 rooms. Anyway...we have never stayed at a value, so I have been doing some research. Most reviews of the beds are that they are not very comfortable. We stayed in the Cabins last year and the bed was so HARD. I am afraid that the beds in the values are similar to them. I can't handle that for a week. I want a comfortable bed. I priced CBR and CSR for 2 rooms and they are about $600 more. I am willing to pay the extra to be comfortable. We are not worried about buses. We drive ourselves to the parks. Food courts are not an issue. We tend to eat something quick in the room for breakfast and eat at the parks. I would love to stay at POR or French Quarter, but they are generally omitted from Free Dining. And that is when we usually go.

Oh Gawd...CSR in a heartbeat.....Honestly, it's not even close.... IMHO ( that is ). CSR is almost like a deluxe lite at a great price....It's feel is a lil more grown up too..And the grounds are sooo nice. Especially at night...An awesome pool, & very large hot tub...Best bus service out of ANY RESORT too...

But rather than getting two rooms, What I would suggest you do is, Look into renting DVC points. You can save a ton of money, stay in a studio ( which some sleep 5 now ), or a 1 bedroom and have a ton more amenities too...:thumbsup2 I'd check it out..

We stayed at CSR this past December and all us LOVED it! Both resorts are gorgeous, but we really liked the theming of CSR. I think the pool at CSR has a better theme for older kids/ teens and there is a huge hot tub that the kids and I really enjoyed. Transportation was great.

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the moderates, though.

But rather than getting two rooms, What I would suggest you do is, Look into renting DVC points. You can save a ton of money, stay in a studio ( which some sleep 5 now ), or a 1 bedroom and have a ton more amenities too...:thumbsup2 I'd check it out..

I have never rented DVC points. I wouldn't even know where to start. No DDP when renting DVC correct?

*Many of the rooms now have an extra fold-down bed that one of your kids could sleep on and you may be able to all stay in one room more comfortably. You would not be guaranteed this extra bed as parties of 5 get priority for these rooms, but you could request it.

Thank you for all of your information. We stayed at POR 3 years ago and stayed in a room with a pull down bed. We felt pretty cramped then and, now, my daughter is taller than me and my son is about the same height. LOL. Also, my husband snores. LOUD. Our daughter has requested not staying in the same room because of it. I don't blame her.:rotfl:I would love to have the "extra" space anyway. The extra bathroom will be nice when we are trying to get ready. My husband and I can have ours and the kids can have theirs. We eat out for dinner every night (have to love DDP and hopefully free dining). I don't cook on vacation. I start to lean to CBR, especially because of the refurb, and then I think...no...CSR. It's a tossup either way. I guess, I should just book one and if I can't get it, go for the other one.

Thank you for all of your information. We stayed at POR 3 years ago and stayed in a room with a pull down bed. We felt pretty cramped then and, now, my daughter is taller than me and my son is about the same height. LOL. Also, my husband snores. LOUD. Our daughter has requested not staying in the same room because of it. I don't blame her.:rotfl:I would love to have the "extra" space anyway. The extra bathroom will be nice when we are trying to get ready. My husband and I can have ours and the kids can have theirs. We eat out for dinner every night (have to love DDP and hopefully free dining). I don't cook on vacation. I start to lean to CBR, especially because of the refurb, and then I think...no...CSR. It's a tossup either way. I guess, I should just book one and if I can't get it, go for the other one.

CBR to me just doesn't do it....Refurb or not... I realize that there are plenty of CBR lovers, but I don't like the whole layout as well. The main bldg. is way to far away from anything too many bus stops..Pool geared towards smaller kids....

I have never rented DVC points. I wouldn't even know where to start. No DDP when renting DVC correct?

We own DVC , so we get rentals that pop up from time to time from Timeshare store. But on here most talk about Davids Rentals I believe.

You can go on the DVC portion of the boards to search: ---->http://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-trade.29/

You can get DDP if you want just like anyone else....There's no FD obviously, because it's not a package, but you have to remember, when you get FD, you pay full rate for the room.

We use to take advantage of FD over room %'s as well, but many people save more $$ renting. Or so I've seen..
Check out the different threads on the link And inquire. Also try their website possibly for more answers...Good luck LMK how you make out...Either way CSR is a Beautiful Resort..That's A guarantee.:thumbsup2

I have stayed at both and would choose CSR if, for no other reason, the pool at CSR is so much better for your kid's ages.

I'm currently sitting on 2 reservations for next April: 1 for CSR BC and 1 for CBR standard.

I'm leaning towards CBR for 3 reasons: 1) my kids are 7 and 4; I like the zero entry pool, 2) We're planning on full park days and I don't think we'll use the BC that much (not enough to warrant the $90 upcharge), 3) they have the pirate adventure.

I will admit the newer reno at CBR helped sway my opinion.

if my kids were older I would choose CSR hands down.

We are a family of 5, not 4. But, I can't stress enough how wonderful 2 rooms are when the kids get older. I had a free dining pin code that included POR, so we could have stayed there for less $ or we could have all stayed in one room in a deluxe for a bit more $ than the 2 CSR rooms. We were so glad we went with the 2 rooms! Nobody wants to share a bed with the boys - DS19 is 6'4" and DS16 moves constantly. My DH also snores very loudly. In the interest of getting sleep, I shared with DD and we gave each of the boys their own bed. It was wonderful!
Two bathrooms was also a huge help in the morning. When the kids were little, we just did baths at night but the teens need their morning wake up showers, too. 2 tvs was a nice addition as well. We don't spend much time watching tv on vacation, but it was nice for the boys to be able to watch their sports and DD could relax with the Disney channel at the same time.
We shared a room at Universal's Portofino Bay for 2 nights at the end of our trip. We LOVED the resort. But, the one room/ one bathroom thing was tough and we felt like we were tripping all over each other. And, DD didn't get a real bed. Fine for 2 nights, but would not have worked for a whole trip.

Have you asked your family what they think? I couldn't decide either and polled the family. I gave them the options that were in our budget with the promo and they all wanted CSR, so I went with that.

Have you asked your family what they think? I couldn't decide either and polled the family. I gave them the options that were in our budget with the promo and they all wanted CSR, so I went with that.

Honestly, they don't care they just want to go to Disney. LOL. They leave the planning up to me. I love the two room idea. I think it's going to make our vacation even better. We don't spend much time in our room, but this next time we will be taking breaks. September is so hot that we've learned that, to avoid our 12 year old turning into the exorcist, we must take midday breaks and go to the pool or water park. Or even chill in the room. I am getting excited and it isn't even booked yet.

Honestly, they don't care they just want to go to Disney. LOL. They leave the planning up to me. I love the two room idea. I think it's going to make our vacation even better. We don't spend much time in our room, but this next time we will be taking breaks. September is so hot that we've learned that, to avoid our 12 year old turning into the exorcist, we must take midday breaks and go to the pool or water park. Or even chill in the room. I am getting excited and it isn't even booked yet.

Well, one thing I love about the moderates (POR, CSR, CBR) is that there are the quiet pools throughout the resorts. So, no matter where you room is you'll be able to take an easy pool break!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter