• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are here now and,lots of activity in Jamaica building 41. It is being pretty closely watched but cast members so I can't get too close. It looks like they have torn out all walls because when I walked by you could see the toilet out in the open. Still going to try and get pictures if I can. We are in Jamaica 43 with a water view a
nd have to change rooms tomorrow when our package begins but we will be right next door. Going out for a walk now and will report back if I see more progress.

I have to say, I'm somewhat disappointed that it sounds like suites. Call me cheap but I'd rather just have that small room with the Murphy bed to fit 5 so that I can save some money and hopefully go more frequently.
Thanks for nosing around for us. Keep us posted if you see anything else and HAVE FUN!

We are here now and,lots of activity in Jamaica building 41. It is being pretty closely watched but cast members so I can't get too close. It looks like they have torn out all walls because when I walked by you could see the toilet out in the open. Still going to try and get pictures if I can. We are in Jamaica 43 with a water view a
nd have to change rooms tomorrow when our package begins but we will be right next door. Going out for a walk now and will report back if I see more progress.
Excited to read more and maybe see some pictures :-) love some inside info haha

I have to say, I'm somewhat disappointed that it sounds like suites. Call me cheap but I'd rather just have that small room with the Murphy bed to fit 5 so that I can save some money and hopefully go more frequently. Thanks for nosing around for us. Keep us posted if you see anything else and HAVE FUN!
Suites that sleep 6 would be great for our family - if that's the case I wonder when they'd be bookable? (I think I made that word up)
We're there late sept - requesting Jamaica - have 2 rooms booked now - I'd pay same price maybe a little more to be in a suite...

Suites that sleep 6 would be great for our family - if that's the case I wonder when they'd be bookable? (I think I made that word up)
We're there late sept - requesting Jamaica - have 2 rooms booked now - I'd pay same price maybe a little more to be in a suite...

Yeah I guess that would work out really well for a group of six. My kids are too young still to split us into too rooms. It would end up being my husband in one room and me and all the kids in the other. Lol!

We are here now and,lots of activity in Jamaica building 41. It is being pretty closely watched but cast members so I can't get too close. It looks like they have torn out all walls because when I walked by you could see the toilet out in the open. Still going to try and get pictures if I can. We are in Jamaica 43 with a water view a nd have to change rooms tomorrow when our package begins but we will be right next door. Going out for a walk now and will report back if I see more progress.
maybe they had to year the wall out to put that sliding door a previous poster spoke about?

We got back yesterday and we saw a few dumpsters full of debris. I couldn't get close enough to really see what the debris was, we were on bus. But it looked like more than just painting and new bedspreads going on.

You have my intrest peaked. I knew I could count on you LOL!!! Thanks so much! I will be looking forward to your posts this next two weeks. Hope you are having a great vacation! Thanks again.

Yeah I guess that would work out really well for a group of six. My kids are too young still to split us into too rooms. It would end up being my husband in one room and me and all the kids in the other. Lol!
Haha - no so sure that'd qualify as a vacation!

I'd like the Murphy bed set up as well - with two rooms we'd all get our own bed.

I'm just keeping fingers crossed we get some sort of refurbished room this fall!

horse11 said:
You have my intrest peaked. I knew I could count on you LOL!!! Thanks so much! I will be looking forward to your posts this next two weeks. Hope you are having a great vacation! Thanks again.

No work going on today because it is Sunday. I did walk to the other side of the building and it looks like all of the rooms are being gutted . There's a security truck parked near the building every time I have walked by so they are definitely trying to keep folks out. Yesterday, there was a guy telling the workers that they had to keep the doors closed to the rooms.
I also walked over to Trinidad north to look around since someone had previously reported seeing a new room there. I didn't see anything but I also didn't remember which building the poster had referred to I was pretty much just wandering around and hoping for a glimpse of a new room.
When we checked in we were told that the resort was completely booked but it doesn't feel or look like it.

We went to bell service this evening and while walking back saw two different park fireworks. Nice way to end the evening!

There's a security truck parked near the building every time I have walked by so they are definitely trying to keep folks out. Yesterday, there was a guy telling the workers that they had to keep the doors closed to the rooms.

We went to bell service this evening and while walking back saw two different park fireworks. Nice way to end the evening!

That security truck was probally there because they caught wind of your snooping LOL!!!

We noticed the same thing when we were there. I was surprised at how well you could see them. The kids were soooo excited running from one balcony to the other. It made me laugh watching the kids. The funny part was I was running with them. LOL!!!

Mickeystoontown have you ever had the Lava smoothie at the pool bar? If not you really need to try it and let me know what you think of it. It became my favorite drink there. You can get it as a snack credit if you are in the dining plan. They are outstanding!!!!

I'd like the Murphy bed set up as well

Count me in on that too :thumbsup2 Our family of 5 would love this option at CBR ::yes::. It'd be great if they did that in some rooms and also built the suites for larger families....

So is there no rumors and anything on when these "new" room options may become available. We are currently booked in 2 rooms at CBR for Mid November and either option would probably be cheaper and better for us!

So is there no rumors and anything on when these "new" room options may become available. We are currently booked in 2 rooms at CBR for Mid November and either option would probably be cheaper and better for us!

Another thread is posting work being done in Jamaica section, can't link on iPad sorry! Check it out, reported that the walls are down in one room of a bldg. they were going to get a better look and pix if they could get close enough:)

We love CBR and we also want a Murphy bed addition.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was just looking at restaurant stuff on the WDW website and thought I would look up Shutters at CBR since we've not been in there. The caption under one of the pics indicated that it is a great place from which to watch IllumiNations ("outdoors after dinner, or during dinner if luck allows"). We have stayed at CBR one other time before our upcoming trip, but I had no idea CBR outside Old Port Royale was a decent place to watch IllumiNations. Anyone have any details on this? Is it a decent view? Could one begin to hope the music is piped in somewhere?

I was just looking at restaurant stuff on the WDW website and thought I would look up Shutters at CBR since we've not been in there. The caption under one of the pics indicated that it is a great place from which to watch IllumiNations ("outdoors after dinner, or during dinner if luck allows"). We have stayed at CBR one other time before our upcoming trip, but I had no idea CBR outside Old Port Royale was a decent place to watch IllumiNations. Anyone have any details on this? Is it a decent view? Could one begin to hope the music is piped in somewhere?

If you sit outside of shutters you can see the fireworks from illuminations, no music.

...and all that they can think about is getting out of school for summer holidays! As a retired teacher (31 years), I can honestly say I don't miss those last few weeks of school, much. Have a great trip, you'll have earned it! :)

Thanks!!

No work going on today because it is Sunday. I did walk to the other side of the building and it looks like all of the rooms are being gutted . There's a security truck parked near the building every time I have walked by so they are definitely trying to keep folks out. Yesterday, there was a guy telling the workers that they had to keep the doors closed to the rooms.
I also walked over to Trinidad north to look around since someone had previously reported seeing a new room there. I didn't see anything but I also didn't remember which building the poster had referred to I was pretty much just wandering around and hoping for a glimpse of a new room.
When we checked in we were told that the resort was completely booked but it doesn't feel or look like it.

Thanks for spending your time snooping for us! That awesome about the fireworks! Where did u watch them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter