• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am searching and searching to find the pictures that were leaked here of the new room mock-up someone wandered into at CBR last year. Does anyone remember where they were posted?

Congrats! FYI, we were nervous before our first CBR stay too. We were big fans of POR and POFQ at the time. After that first stay, CBR became our favorite moderate by far. Even with double beds! We've had a total of 34 nights at CBR now.

Thanks, we also really love POR, but am willing to try CBR, it looks beautiful!! I love the tropical landscaping, the fretwork on the railings, the bright colors of the buildings.

Nov will be our first stay at CBR and after reading this thread, it doesn't look like we will be disappointed. Might be a nice surprised with refurbished rooms. I do love a queen bed!! Also nice to hear about shuttlers having good reviews. Sometimes nice just to have a leisurely day at the resort. :beach:

I am searching and searching to find the pictures that were leaked here of the new room mock-up someone wandered into at CBR last year. Does anyone remember where they were posted?

If you go to Google and search for CBR new room you'll find it.

Can you rent a cot at CBR? If so, how
much is it?
We have 4 people, but one two of the people do not want to share a bed.

We just booked a water view room. We switched from AoA because it saved us $400 with the free dining. What is the best location that we should request?

We just booked a water view room. We switched from AoA because it saved us $400 with the free dining. What is the best location that we should request?

Jamaica 45 is our favorite with Aruba 51 right behind it. Both are a very short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the main pool.

We are staying preferred in Oct with FDing. I requested Martinique but should i request a certain room?

A certain room could restrict the room assignment, it narrows things a bit too much. But you could request a certain building & will probably get just what you want. ;)

I usually book a preferred room & request Martinique (it's my fav village, first bus stop when the busses use the Main gate) I've received building 25 twice & building 24, both are awesome!

A certain room could restrict the room assignment, it narrows things a bit too much. But you could request a certain building & will probably get just what you want. ;) I usually book a preferred room & request Martinique (it's my fav village, first bus stop when the busses use the Main gate) I've received building 25 twice & building 24, both are awesome!

Thanks!!!!

Has anyone stayed there in January?

We're planning a leisurely stay, and since we won't be swimming much at that time of the year, I am wondering if they still do the usual outdoor activities for kids, like movie night and the campfire.

Punchy said:
Has anyone stayed there in January?

We're planning a leisurely stay, and since we won't be swimming much at that time of the year, I am wondering if they still do the usual outdoor activities for kids, like movie night and the campfire.

Yup.

Hi I am hoping someone can help and a I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before. We will be staying December 12-20-2014 we will be traveling with my parents and a our 3 children .My parents have mobility issues so they will have their scoters and my daughter is in a wheel chair she can walk very limited with assistance with her dad or myself. On our 2012 trip we encountered some very rude people because she wanted to walk on and off the bus with help from me and dad would foldup her chair. So I am worried about the internal buses and getting all 3 of them to the main bus transportation to the parks. We don't want to cause trouble for other but we also want to enjoy the trip as a family .We are hoping someone knows a standard room / building that we could request .

tink15823 said:
Hi I am hoping someone can help and a I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before. We will be staying December 12-20-2014 we will be traveling with my parents and a our 3 children .My parents have mobility issues so they will have their scoters and my daughter is in a wheel chair she can walk very limited with assistance with her dad or myself. On our 2012 trip we encountered some very rude people because she wanted to walk on and off the bus with help from me and dad would foldup her chair. So I am worried about the internal buses and getting all 3 of them to the main bus transportation to the parks. We don't want to cause trouble for other but we also want to enjoy the trip as a family .We are hoping someone knows a standard room / building that we could request .

Every village has its own bus stop and the buses for the parks stop at every village. There isn't one main bus stop that you have to take the internal bus to. I hope that makes sense and I understood your question.

Got home last night. It was another great stay. We had room 2224 in Martinique. However, we actually had the Barbados beach right outside our door, and the Barbados quiet pool was closer than the Martinique pool. It was a real nice location. a 4-5 minute walk to OPR and even a short walk to the Custom House. We walked to our room from the Custom House after checking in and back there yesterday to catch Magical Express back to MCO :sad1: . Room was just fine, no musty smell or anything (although we have never had that issue), and mousekeeping was good every day. The weather was phenomenal all week. Not a drop of rain the entire 7 days we were there (although I understand it was real rainy the day before we arrived). It didn't really get too warm either, until the weekend, with Monday-Friday generally getting only to the low 80s. Never had an opportunity to walk around the resort, but while going around in the buses, I looked and never saw any signs of any work being done in the rooms. As seems to be the case this time of year, there were lots of high school groups/teams staying at CBR. I noticed several baseball/softball/lacrosse teams as well as a couple of bands and choir groups. And over the weekend, a ton of dane teams showed up as there is apparently a huge competition taking place at WDW this week. So you did notice groups of teens hanging out at the quiet pools and on the beaches a lot. Bus service was good. The only long wait we had was our first morning. We waited about 25 minutes for a bus to AK and someone else at the bus stop mentioned they got there about 15 minutes before us (so a 40 min. wait for them). Returning from the parks seemed better than in the past to me as well. The highlight of the trip was probably being selected to be the Grand Marshalls of the Festival of Fantasy parade at MK on Wednesday. We were finishing breakfast at Crystal Palace when a CM came to our table and just started chatting with us. After 5 minutes or so of "small talk", he says he has something he wants to offer us. Of course, the first instinct is he will try to sell something...but then he quickly said he wasn't selling anything. He then asks if would like to be the Grand Marshalls of the parade. Ummmm.....yeah!!! It was really cool riding the parade route in the old-fashioned car with everyone lined up waving at you and your family being announced throughout the route. We were even given Mickey ears with "Grand Marshalls 2014" embroidered on them and a certificate with our names and hometown and the date on it. The topper was my parents had just arrived (it was a surprise for the kids who had no idea they were coming), then just as we reached end of the route, there they were waiting and waving. The kids jaws dropped upon seeing their grandparents. It was a truly pixiedust: magical pixiedust: moment.

That is so cool!! What a fantastic way to take in the festival of Fantasy parade!!

Just booked an end of August stay at CBR! Thinking the boys ages 6 & 2 will love the pool. This will be our first stay at this resort. We are big POR & PORFQ fans so hoping we love it here just as much.

Every village has its own bus stop and the buses for the parks stop at every village. There isn't one main bus stop that you have to take the internal bus to. I hope that makes sense and I understood your question.

Thank you . Would you happen to know which village is the first stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter