Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have stayed there five times and never seen it. Will have to make an effort this time and be sure I have an address with me.
Do you know if they still do the caricatures there?

When we were there in May, the coconuts were in a barrel in the section of the store nearest the food court. The caricature booth/station/stand was set up just outside the grab-n-go area of the food court. I can't recall seeing anyone there but the stand was there.

BigCatEars said:
Which is the best non preferred building to stay in?

Depends what your definition of best is. But for closeness to OPR, main pool, quiet pool and a bus stop Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are great with Jamaica 45 being our favorite. Both are 4-5 minute stroll across the bridge to OPR and the main pool. Both are very close to the Jamaica bus stop and quiet pool, like 40 yards to both.

It has been several years since we stayed at CBR. Due to arrive at the end of next month. When we ere there last, the food court opened breakfast stations at about a half hour apart. I generally would go to the food court, grab breakfast platters and go back to the room to eat while we all got ready. So when it opened in the morning, only one station was available - pancakes. We had pancakes ALOT since we are rope drop people. Can anyone tell me if this is still the case? Also, if it is, what is open first and what do they serve? What time?
Does anyone know the order that the other stations open?
Also, may sound very specific, but we are doing a grocery delivery. Does the grab and go sell those individually wrapped cheese sticks? (DDs only source of calcium other than ice cream.) Would rather just get them there than having them delivered.

I haven't read through this entire thread for the answer. Hoping someone can help!

I haven't stayed at CBR for a long time. It's been about 15 years. I usually stay at pop. Decided to try CBR and bump up to a mod.

I don't recall having any bus issues or the size of the resort being a problem. I see a lot of rants about it. That's ok. So here's my question.

My mom is handicapped so we will need to call a few days out and request a ground level room. Can anyone suggest a good building to stay in where it's not a huge distance between the main pool / food court and a bus stop? I don't want to pay extra ( if a CM wants to bump us up that's great ) so it would have to be a Building where they won't charge us.

I recall staying in Trinidad north last time and it was great. I think I read that's considered a room with an extra fee.
Thanks for any advice !

Chris D

I haven't read through this entire thread for the answer. Hoping someone can help!

I haven't stayed at CBR for a long time. It's been about 15 years. I usually stay at pop. Decided to try CBR and bump up to a mod.

I don't recall having any bus issues or the size of the resort being a problem. I see a lot of rants about it. That's ok. So here's my question.

My mom is handicapped so we will need to call a few days out and request a ground level room. Can anyone suggest a good building to stay in where it's not a huge distance between the main pool / food court and a bus stop? I don't want to pay extra ( if a CM wants to bump us up that's great ) so it would have to be a Building where they won't charge us.

I recall staying in Trinidad north last time and it was great. I think I read that's considered a room with an extra fee.
Thanks for any advice !

Chris D

Trinidad North and buildings 24, 25, and 26 in Martinique are all Preferred. If you don't want to pay for Preferred the closest buildings in my order of preference are 22, 45, and 51.

Me and my family are planning another trip to the "World". We have stayed at CBR before but now we have an extra person. With the new referb did they change the size of the beds? Or are they still full size? I'm hoping they are queen size now like the rest of the mod resorts. Sorry if this question has been asked but didn't see the answer. Thanks for the tip.

Me and my family are planning another trip to the "World". We have stayed at CBR before but now we have an extra person. With the new referb did they change the size of the beds? Or are they still full size? I'm hoping they are queen size now like the rest of the mod resorts. Sorry if this question has been asked but didn't see the answer. Thanks for the tip.

Are you talking about the refurb that's supposed to start next month? The beds are still Doubles. Will they replace them with Queens? I think and hope so but none of us knows for sure yet.

Yes that one. Was not sure about it. Trip is not until May 2015 so I will keep posted on the news. Thanks for your help.

Trinidad North and buildings 24, 25, and 26 in Martinique are all Preferred. If you don't want to pay for Preferred the closest buildings in my order of preference are 22, 45, and 51.
Thank you. I will request when I call. Hopefully I get a nice CM who is helpful. Ty !!

Are those in Trinidad ?? 22. 45 and 51?

Yes that one. Was not sure about it. Trip is not until May 2015 so I will keep posted on the news. Thanks for your help.

That is about the time the refurb (which does include queen beds - except in the pirate rooms) is expected to be completed.

What time does the feature pool close in the evenings?
I'm thinking of switching to CBR - 2 connecting rooms for our family of 6.
My question - do you think it would be difficult for my request of King room connected to Regular room in preferred section to be honored? I'd be paying more for both room types - and it's imperative with 4 young kids to be connected.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter