• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to pack for next week's trip :cool1:

Are pool towels provided? If that's one less thing I need to bring from home, I can use the extra suitcase space.

We left a note for the housekeeper asking for extra towels for the quiet pool, she left a few extra everyday.

Just booked for our trip this fall.:cool1: After much research and reading this thread (and others) we decided on CBR. This will be our first time at the resort! I'm excited.:goodvibes We have stayed at POP and POR and loved them. My husband and I are surprising the girls so we looked at the theming and decided we thought CBR would be best. Thanks for the answers to my earlier questions. Can't wait to see how refurb (assuming it's a go) looks. Also, one last question my DD (7) is on an anti-pink phase.:confused3 Is there a section of rooms that is pink? If so, we want to avoid that area. Thanks again for all of your help.

hedge333 said:
Is there a section of rooms that is pink? If so, we want to avoid that area. Thanks again for all of your help.

Avoid all of Aruba. Congrats on booking! I hope you enjoy CBR as much as we do. We are big fans of POR, but after our first CBR stay we haven't been able to stay anywhere else.

Okay, so maybe I phrased that poorly because it depends on your group and the pace of walking. It took me 10 minutes to walk from the furthest point of Trinidad South to OPR while stopping briefly along the way to take some pictures. Depending on you pace and your group, it could be longer or shorter.

If it took 10+ minutes to walk 400 ft to the bus stop I can see how it would take much longer for you to walk to OPR.

Just back from another fantastic stay at CBR!! Wish I could be back there right now....
We had requested Jamaica, but were "upgraded" to a Pirate room in Trinidad South ;). I was a bit disappointed to be that far away, but it was really not an issue at all. I timed myself walking to OPR one morning and it was 8 minutes. I was on my own, and not meandering, but not power walking either. We were in bldg 37, and right next to the bus stop, so that was a plus.

We had NO bus issues at all. In fact, we kept talking about our "bus mojo" and how one would show up whenever we stepped up to the bus stop. I did hear others complaining though, so I really think it's just timing.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask. I hope to post a few pictures once I get work back on track :)

Avoid all of Aruba. Congrats on booking! I hope you enjoy CBR as much as we do. We are big fans of POR, but after our first CBR stay we haven't been able to stay anywhere else.

Just to clarify. The room interiors aren't pink but the Aruba building exteriors sure are. :)

jdd said:
Just back from another fantastic stay at CBR!! Wish I could be back there right now....
We had requested Jamaica, but were "upgraded" to a Pirate room in Trinidad South ;). I was a bit disappointed to be that far away, but it was really not an issue at all. I timed myself walking to OPR one morning and it was 8 minutes. I was on my own, and not meandering, but not power walking either. We were in bldg 37, and right next to the bus stop, so that was a plus.

We had NO bus issues at all. In fact, we kept talking about our "bus mojo" and how one would show up whenever we stepped up to the bus stop. I did hear others complaining though, so I really think it's just timing.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask. I hope to post a few pictures once I get work back on track :)

So glad you had a great stay. Thanks for the update.

Finally!! got our dates fixed...we book in May 24th for 7 nights... YAY...no pirate room this time...( again ) but oh well..we got 7 nights last week of May so we are delighted...has anyone gone last week of May before? We are usually first week of May-ers...counting the days till we get back to our paradise..

Finally!! got our dates fixed...we book in May 24th for 7 nights... YAY...no pirate room this time...( again ) but oh well..we got 7 nights last week of May so we are delighted...has anyone gone last week of May before? We are usually first week of May-ers...counting the days till we get back to our paradise..

The majority of our trips are during those same dates (and will be again this coming May :cool1:) and you've seen the pictures of the resort and food court in my trip report. It's never been so busy that we were overwhelmed by the number of folks. The buses were sometimes full and we had to stand in the evenings or during peak travel hours but that's to be expected.

The majority of our trips are during those same dates (and will be again this coming May :cool1:) and you've seen the pictures of the resort and food court in my trip report. It's never been so busy that we were overwhelmed by the number of folks. The buses were sometimes full and we had to stand in the evenings or during peak travel hours but that's to be expected.
well if I see you there I will def come up and say Hi :) :thumbsup2

We just finished making arrangements with our Disney Agent for September 8-12 at CBR! I'm a little nervous, because it's just me and the kids (DS14, DS12, DD5, DS1).

Does anyone have any experience with the Pack and Plays there? I can bring my own, because we are driving - or is it worth it to bring my own sheets? I know Disney is clean, but I haven't seen any reviews on the Pack and Plays. :confused3 We'll need one for the littlest boy.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! This will be DS1's first trip and DD5's first trip she can remember!:cheer2:

We just finished making arrangements with our Disney Agent for September 8-12 at CBR! I'm a little nervous, because it's just me and the kids (DS14, DS12, DD5, DS1).

Does anyone have any experience with the Pack and Plays there? I can bring my own, because we are driving - or is it worth it to bring my own sheets? I know Disney is clean, but I haven't seen any reviews on the Pack and Plays. :confused3 We'll need one for the littlest boy.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! This will be DS1's first trip and DD5's first trip she can remember!:cheer2:
The pack and play they give you is lovely! and they have clean sheets in it too...I was like you...very apprehensive but you need not worry..they even made it up every day and sat his toys nicely in it for us..we always flew down so we couldnt take a pack and play and used Disneys for 4 years running..I think you will be just fine :) Maybe just take your own little blanket for it down with you as the ones they give you I felt were a bit big:thumbsup2

See you there!
We arrive the 29th!

This is a totally strange question but do you think you would get in trouble at all if you had a 2 double room and you moved the bedside table in between and shoved the beds together? (like they do down in Dominican etc..) Is that even possible? - still just thinking of a way that we could make a 2 double room work and bring a small twin inflatable for our 9 year old, It makes a difference of over $350 for the 6 nights stay to be at Caribbean beach instead of PO French Quarter and we just can't share a double bed.

Thanks!

This is a totally strange question but do you think you would get in trouble at all if you had a 2 double room and you moved the bedside table in between and shoved the beds together? (like they do down in Dominican etc..) Is that even possible? - still just thinking of a way that we could make a 2 double room work and bring a small twin inflatable for our 9 year old, It makes a difference of over $350 for the 6 nights stay to be at Caribbean beach instead of PO French Quarter and we just can't share a double bed.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, the beds don't move. When are you going? A refurb is supposed to start in April that will bring Queen beds to the rooms.

Also, we have brought an air mattress and had no problem with there being enough room for it between the one bed and the window. We would just stand it up against the wall during the day to have it out of the way.

April 5th-11th, so probably not enough time for them to refurb! LOL

We'd have a packnplay as well for the 2 year old but I figure one of those could go in between the beds and the other beside the door. Such a difference in price I'd rather not give out extra money if not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter