Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at CBR now, have a great 2nd floor room overlooking the lake, weather is great, let 18" of snow yesterday and was swimming today:cool1:

We are at CBR now, have a great 2nd floor room overlooking the lake, weather is great, let 18" of snow yesterday and was swimming today:cool1:

I am so glad you are enjoying your vacation!!! We also are burried in snow. We have gotten enough more snow in the past two months then we have gotten in the last two years. Iam soooooo ready for our trip to CBR. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!!! What section did you get?

I'm impressed by how spacious our room is, apart from the bath/toilet room. Not enough places to sit though.

We've pretty much found that to be the case at almost all resorts and hotels unfortunately. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay.

Just received an email from Disney saying 10 days until our trip!! Its been several years since I've been to CBR.:cool1:

Today I'm packing what I can ahead and making my lists for last minute stuff!!

Yay for being so close to your trip! Let the packing begin!

Longtime lurker here just jumping in the conversation.....

Over on another website, there was a post that linked to the permits filed for the CBR refurb this past week. They did not include the pirate rooms in the permits so it does raise doubt as to the pirate rooms getting queen beds.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/wdw-permits-2014.878380/

I've looked at the permit and I'm sure that I'm not reading it correctly. But, I don't see where the the pirate rooms are excluded. Like I said, though, I probably am overlooking something obvious.

Your family sounds just like us. Before each trip we research other resorts but when it comes time to decide it's CBR unanimously.

I do that same thing every single trip. I'll look at all of the resorts and keep going back to the CBR.

Have a great stay!

I've looked at the permit and I'm sure that I'm not reading it correctly. But, I don't see where the the pirate rooms are excluded. Like I said, though, I probably am overlooking something obvious.

There were no permits filed for buildings 3400 - 3900 which is Trinidad South aka Pirate rooms....correct? I found that interesting. This is not to say they will not replace the beds to queen but it does raise doubt. I have never stayed in a pirate room but in looking at photos on allears it looks as though a switch to queen mattresses would require at a minimum a removal of the footboard, new mattress foundation, and a modification of the headboards. Maybe this work does not need a permit or maybe this work will be done at a later date or maybe the powers at WDW have decided to leave these rooms as is. Only time will tell. Just interesting.....:scratchin

so every year I come on here and try like heck to book a pirate room for the kids and can never make it happen...last year we were so close but the budget just didnt reach...I guess we should be happy we make it to CBR ..but still...every year Im on here praying for a miracle...Im trying here to swing it so we could poss do 2 reg rooms and 2 pirate..but hubby dosnt want to switch rooms. You know that way you go over and over your budget to see if there is some teeny way you can squeeze just a little bit more out..LOL never say die!! Im holding out to the very last min for that miracle this year again..hehe We have already cut CBR down to 4 nights as we are stopping in Panama City Beach on the way back for 3 nights for a bit or relaxation...I might just go back over the figures again...lol

Just come home from a 14 day trip and have to say I was a little disappointed with cbr. Previously stopped at por but went for CBR due price this year. Definitely would pay the extra for por next time. Bigger beds, better food hall at por and way to many sports teams at cbr which made dinning and the buses an absolute nightmare at times. Also no inside bar or lounge area at CBR and the playgrounds on the beaches have been removed. In fact it felt barely a little more than a value resort but with too few buses.

ok any way I swing it...I have a choice.....4 nights pirate room or stay an extra night 5 nights standard room? which would you do?

Just come home from a 14 day trip and have to say I was a little disappointed with cbr. Previously stopped at por but went for CBR due price this year. Definitely would pay the extra for por next time. Bigger beds, better food hall at por and way to many sports teams at cbr which made dinning and the buses an absolute nightmare at times. Also no inside bar or lounge area at CBR and the playgrounds on the beaches have been removed. In fact it felt barely a little more than a value resort but with too few buses.

I guess whats good for some is not for others...we hated the food court in POR and found it not layed back enough for us so I guess we all have our likes and dislikes...sorry you didnt like CBR, hope you still had a great vacation otherwise :)

There were no permits filed for buildings 3400 - 3900 which is Trinidad South aka Pirate rooms....correct? I found that interesting. This is not to say they will not replace the beds to queen but it does raise doubt. I have never stayed in a pirate room but in looking at photos on allears it looks as though a switch to queen mattresses would require at a minimum a removal of the footboard, new mattress foundation, and a modification of the headboards. Maybe this work does not need a permit or maybe this work will be done at a later date or maybe the powers at WDW have decided to leave these rooms as is. Only time will tell. Just interesting.....:scratchin

See, I didn't even notice what buildings were included. You can totally tell that I'm not an expert at reading building permits. :rotfl:

I'd think that changing out the pirate beds would be a bit of a hassle but I guess if they had someone who knew what they were doing, they could knock it out in no time.

I told hubby and kids..."you know if you would all just stop eating between now and June and not be so selfish we could afford a pirate room no problem!!" LOL and yeah....does make sense to be in heaven for just another day longer....sigh..need to give it some thought

Curious if there is a building or beach that would allow you to see fireworks at all. I notice most people suggest either Jamaica or Aruba for non preferred rooms, but are there any other you would recommend?

I told hubby and kids..."you know if you would all just stop eating between now and June and not be so selfish we could afford a pirate room no problem!!" LOL and yeah....does make sense to be in heaven for just another day longer....sigh..need to give it some thought

Whaaaat? They won't give up dinner for Disney? :lmao: Seriously, I know that it's a tough decision. Like I said, I'd probably go for the longer stay.

ok any way I swing it...I have a choice.....4 nights pirate room or stay an extra night 5 nights standard room? which would you do?

Standard. We got 'upgraded' to Pirate and it was so far from EVERTHING! We didn't even bother to go get coffee in the morning because it was so far out of the way.

I guess whats good for some is not for others...we hated the food court in POR and found it not layed back enough for us so I guess we all have our likes and dislikes...sorry you didnt like CBR, hope you still had a great vacation otherwise :)

I agree with Sugerfreesteve- buses were HORRIBLE at CBR and when we spoke to transport guy who was at stop timing them, he was ruder than rude. I did do a survey when we got home. I like POR so much better than CBR.

I agree with Sugerfreesteve- buses were HORRIBLE at CBR and when we spoke to transport guy who was at stop timing them, he was ruder than rude. I did do a survey when we got home. I like POR so much better than CBR.

We really didn't like the bus service either. Most of the time we waited 20 odd minutes for a bus. Then a further 15 to get out of the resort! I'm strongly considering POFQ for our next trip because of it.

The resort itself is very pretty although our room was a little worn. Food court was good (had the turkey BLT for lunch one day, was great and freshly made).

parith1114 said:
Curious if there is a building or beach that would allow you to see fireworks at all. I notice most people suggest either Jamaica or Aruba for non preferred rooms, but are there any other you would recommend?

You can see the upper fireworks from the bridge, the Martinique beach and the beach behind the main pool.

ok its booked...we decided to do 7 nights standard instead of 4 nights pirate ..roll on June 1st!!! :thumbsup2

We are due to arrive on 3/2 and have read various threads that have me wondering if I should be concerned.

1)Should we rent a car?? We have always stayed at a value and assumed that at a moderate the buses would be bette, so we were gonna pass on a car.

2) Being it is due for a refurb, should I worry that it is run down?

3)Are the beds that much smaller where it will be uncomfortable to sleep 4 in a room. 2 adults / 2 kids 11 & 4.

Is there any particular section that I should be looking to stay at. We booked a basic room, so I don't know what my options are. Villages etc.

TY in advance for you advice and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter