Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the food court offers plain hot oatmeal and/or egg whites for breakfast? My dad has had some health related illnesses and is watching what he eats so my mom said that's what his current diet has been for breakfast, along with fresh berries. Thanks if anyone knows!!

Definitely oatmeal.. and I believe that "egg beaters" egg whites are also an option.

Just changed our reservation to CBR, our favorite moderate! I think this will be my 8th or 9th stay there and we have our favorite "islands" and buildings. However, I am concerned about the upcoming rehab... Any recent news on when that might be? Also do they still serve kid's meals in a sand bucket? My daughter loved that.

It's supposed to start in April.

Yup. :thumbsup2

Thanks! We are going in May, Memorial Day week. We have been at the resort during rehab before and it wasn't bad but would prefer to not be in an area where work was happening.

Thanks! We are going in May, Memorial Day week. We have been at the resort during rehab before and it wasn't bad but would prefer to not be in an area where work was happening.

Our dates will overlap! When I called and the refurb was confirmed to me, I asked about the possibility of getting a newly refurbed room. I was told that it was a definite possibility. I haven't spoken with the CBR since but assume that they are still scheduled to start in April.

9" of snow here yesterday, heading to CBR on 2/14, I will post if I see or hear anything on the rehab:)

9" of snow here yesterday, heading to CBR on 2/14, I will post if I see or hear anything on the rehab:)

I am sure that you're ready to get away from all the snow! If you get a chance, ask someone at the check-in desk or the concierge desk in the food court. Hopefully, they can give you some info on the upcoming refurb. I know that we'd all love to hear the latest. Have a great trip!

I am sure that you're ready to get away from all the snow! If you get a chance, ask someone at the check-in desk or the concierge desk in the food court. Hopefully, they can give you some info on the upcoming refurb. I know that we'd all love to hear the latest. Have a great trip!

Thank you, more snow possible coming in on Sunday.....I love looking at your resort pictures, we usually spend every morning and early afternoon by the pool....I cant think of a more relaxing place to be

Thank you, more snow possible coming in on Sunday.....I love looking at your resort pictures, we usually spend every morning and early afternoon by the pool....I cant think of a more relaxing place to be

I love taking pictures of the resort and am glad to hear that you enjoy looking at them. We always work in at least two "down days" into our vacation plans just so we can laze around the resort. It's so nice and relaxing.

We only got 5 inches yesterday and it was -25 windchill last night. Could you get an estimate when they will be done? We are going December 2014. TIA.

Had great stay at CBR, got a great water view room in Trinidad North perfect location. room was fresh and clean, no musty smells or worn furniture everything was good. Pool was great, lifeguards really attentive, bus service was prompt with only one lengthy wait out of many occasions. food court food was always fresh and yummy especially the meatballs! there currently changing the air conditioning controls to sensors at the resort but no other sign of refurb yet. Pleased to report Had a great stay and would stay at this resort again but I for one will miss the cheerful Nemo theme following refurb.

Had great stay at CBR, got a great water view room in Trinidad North perfect location. room was fresh and clean, no musty smells or worn furniture everything was good. Pool was great, lifeguards really attentive, bus service was prompt with only one lengthy wait out of many occasions. food court food was always fresh and yummy especially the meatballs! there currently changing the air conditioning controls to sensors at the resort but no other sign of refurb yet. Pleased to report Had a great stay and would stay at this resort again but I for one will miss the cheerful Nemo theme following refurb.

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear that you had a great stay and didn't run into any issues. Like you, I think that I will miss the colorful Nemo theme but I can't wait to see what the new rooms will look like.

WAIT!!! what refurb????? someone please tell me!! we went last year and got stuck in a building and had to walk through paint tins and wet paint...what the hey are they refurbishing this time round??

pktbMouse said:
WAIT!!! what refurb????? someone please tell me!! we went last year and got stuck in a building and had to walk through paint tins and wet paint...what the hey are they refurbishing this time round??

Last year was painting of the building exteriors. This year is a room refurb complete with queen beds. They'll most likely do one building at a time and not have any guests in that building as to not disturb anyone.

As dansdad said, the rooms are getting an overhaul. From what I was told, they will be getting queen beds and a refurb. There were pictures posted on another forum last year of what was believed to be a mock-up room. The higher up that I spoke with at the CBR said that they would start with one building, move on to the next and continue on until they were all done.

wow we were all talking about this last Feb when I was on here, cant believe they took this long to get round to it! About time too CBR! :)

Last year was painting of the building exteriors. This year is a room refurb complete with queen beds. They'll most likely do one building at a time and not have any guests in that building as to not disturb anyone.

How long does that type of refurb usually take? I assume several months.

Can I assume that the switch to queen beds will be in the pirate rooms, too? I really really want to stay in one but there's no way DH and I can share a double bed, and I'd prefer not to have to split up for the whole trip. :crowded:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter