Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, unless you have a balcony and plan on staying in the room for long periods of time, really not worth it.

Wow, that's great. Good job by DD!:thumbsup2

Are you doing a room only? Or a package? If doing room only, make the reservation and just add her to it once you know for sure. You can do that at anytime.

If a package, you can remove her with no penalty and get a refund of her portion up to 45 days prior to your arrival. After that, you can still get a refund of her portion but you will be charged a $50 change fee. You can do that up until 5 days prior to arrival. After that, no refund if she can't make it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks DansDad....doing a room only with APs, so I'll go ahead with the reservation as you suggest.

So glad to hear your DH is okay and that your DD was instrumental in getting him to be tested!

I was in the same boat last year with my older daughter and I had a package booked for October. The CM told me the same as above about removing her. She also said that I could make any additions to the package up to two weeks prior to arrival. So i made the reservations for my DH, younger DD and me then when I knew she was definitely coming which was about 3 wks prior I added her to the reservation and paid the difference.

Good luck and hope you guys have a magical trip!

Thanks totebagg!

Well, we just booked our split stay trip for Nov 29 - Dec 6! We'll do five nights at CBR and then 2 nights at GF (DW has always wanted to stay there). This will be my first adults-only trip - and I'm so excited to be back at CBR! Over the years, I've enjoyed the hammocks and beaches and eating outdoors at Old Port Royale, relaxing in the pools, and walking the Promenade in the morning with a refillable mug of coffee as the sun comes up.

It's almost like a vacation from the busy-ness of the parks! We're so excited to be going back! :yay:

We have been here since Sunday (it's Wednesday now). Everything has been great. We ended up in Martinique building 23 which is close to the bus stop. We are facing the parking lot, literally right on it, and there has been little to no noise. Location has been fine as we've only gone to OPR 3 times.

Yesterday while we we out they apparently installed a thermostat on the wall for the heat/air conditioning. I'm not sure if this is something they've been working on or what but we came back and there were stickers on the air conditioner that said the unit is controlled by the thermostat on the wall.

The rooms (we have 2 connecting) are fine but definitely in need of the upcoming refurb. The carpet is rough.... But that's really the only thing I've noticed. Newer bedding (since our last visit in Jan. 2013) is fine.

This is our 5th stay here and we will be back I'm sure. We love CBR.

We have been here since Sunday (it's Wednesday now). Everything has been great. We ended up in Martinique building 23 which is close to the bus stop. We are facing the parking lot, literally right on it, and there has been little to no noise. Location has been fine as we've only gone to OPR 3 times.

Yesterday while we we out they apparently installed a thermostat on the wall for the heat/air conditioning. I'm not sure if this is something they've been working on or what but we came back and there were stickers on the air conditioner that said the unit is controlled by the thermostat on the wall.

The rooms (we have 2 connecting) are fine but definitely in need of the upcoming refurb. The carpet is rough.... But that's really the only thing I've noticed. Newer bedding (since our last visit in Jan. 2013) is fine.

Thanks for the report! Enjoy the rest of your trip! :goodvibes

Well, we just booked our split stay trip for Nov 29 - Dec 6! We'll do five nights at CBR and then 2 nights at GF (DW has always wanted to stay there). This will be my first adults-only trip - and I'm so excited to be back at CBR! Over the years, I've enjoyed the hammocks and beaches and eating outdoors at Old Port Royale, relaxing in the pools, and walking the Promenade in the morning with a refillable mug of coffee as the sun comes up.

It's almost like a vacation from the busy-ness of the parks! We're so excited to be going back! :yay:

I know that you are super excited to be going back to your favorite resort. Like you, we've enjoyed many hours of relaxation at the CBR.

Thanks for checking in with us! I had just recently read that they were to begin installing new thermostats. Looks like they are prepping for the refurb.

Sorry if this has been asked before, been trying to read through the tread.

Staying at CBR for the first time this Sept, and wondering is it worth paying extra for a water view room?

Thanks
Our family has stayed at CBR twice with water view. Both times we were on the 1st floor so it was like walking out to our own private beachfront. We loved it and I don't think I would stay there any other way now!

We have stayed at CBR over 15 times through the years, always paid for water view, its a toss up, some rooms have been second floor where your door opens and the lake is right there, other rooms have been first floor and you can get a glimpse of the lake through trees. I would take any room, because its Disney and CBR is the most relaxing place. Only 22 days to go and back at CBR!!:)

We have stayed at CBR over 15 times through the years, always paid for water view, its a toss up, some rooms have been second floor where your door opens and the lake is right there, other rooms have been first floor and you can get a glimpse of the lake through trees. I would take any room, because its Disney and CBR is the most relaxing place. Only 22 days to go and back at CBR!!:)

2nd floor door opening to views of the lake would be lovely. But as others have said, for all the time I will be in the room as now swayed my decision to not go for water view! Decisions, decisions! :idea:

The photos on WDW's website of a water view room with corner windows looking right over the lake are amazing looking though!

2nd floor door opening to views of the lake would be lovely. But as others have said, for all the time I will be in the room as now swayed my decision to not go for water view! Decisions, decisions! :idea:

The photos on WDW's website of a water view room with corner windows looking right over the lake are amazing looking though!

No matter where in the Village your room is, a 30 second walk from your door and you have the same view. Look at it this way, each night there costs you two adult beverages somewhere else -- which would you enjoy more?

Tom

Is it difficult to get a first floor room? With two younger kids I don't want to have to keep going up and down the steps. Our last two trips we stayed at POP and got stuck on 2nd & 3rd floor rooms.

Is it difficult to get a first floor room? With two younger kids I don't want to have to keep going up and down the steps. Our last two trips we stayed at POP and got stuck on 2nd & 3rd floor rooms.

When my mother travels with us (she was 79 last trip and has made three trips to the CBR), we ask for a downstairs room and our request has been granted each time. If being downstairs is your first priority, then make that first on your request list and then go from there.

horse11
Not only will CS give you free water, but it is filtered ice water from the soda machine (at least it used to be)

However, waiting in line can be a pain, so I packed my own water.

Its not always the filtered water now days. Last Sept. we had several times when the ice water we got from the CS was the plain old Orlando swamp tasting water.

I just tried to book a room with a standard view and king size bed. Is it true that I can only book a king bed in a preferred view? I really don't want to spend the extra money. This will be the first trip just me and DH and we want a king bed.

I just tried to book a room with a standard view and king size bed. Is it true that I can only book a king bed in a preferred view? I really don't want to spend the extra money. This will be the first trip just me and DH and we want a king bed.

The King bed can be any view they assign you. The extra charge is not the view but for a room with a king bed.

LiquidSunshine said:
I contacted Virgin Holidays today to request a king size and was told the room type I am booked for was a king size. I am booked for a standard room :confused3

What are you confused about? There are king rooms in both preferred and standard buildings. Your king will be in one of the standard buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter