Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if there were any scheduled activities for the kids throughout the day at the resort. WE leave in 11 days.....getting excited :)

alotachips said:
Just wondering if there were any scheduled activities for the kids throughout the day at the resort. WE leave in 11 days.....getting excited :)

Yep. They have fun activities every afternoon at the pool. And there's nightly campfire with marshmallow roasting and nightly outdoor movies.

Yes, there are daily activities. Poolside at 1 pm and from 6-7 there is a fire pit by the Martinique beach to roast marshmallows. You will receive a listing in your room.

Your going to love it!:thumbsup2

I forgot to mention that I applaud :cheer2: the folks that go during summer months. We had 80's to 90's all week, no rain. I can't imagine standing in line and dealing with the heat at that time.

Each of our rooms had that "musty" smell folks refer too. I bring an air freshener wherever I travel so that helped me. Having A/C on didn't help either.
I am really worried about this! We had to stay at CBR with our free dining PIN and when I started reading about the resort the musty smell kept being mentioned. However the more I read I decided that so many people were happy at CBR I would just relax and enjoy. Well I am extremely allergic to mold and mildew and if I find myself in a room like this I will not be able to enjoy a thing! I will be sick the whole stay and more!! Does it seem to be one building over another? First floor compared to second? We requested Aruba or Jamaica second floor. Has anyone requested a room change and found that it went easily? Would love some opinions about this! Thanks!!

I just got back from a trip to CBR and had a lot of second guessing as to all the negative reviews on here. Plus, my previous trips were OKW and GF. Well, my room in Aruba - 5408 was clean, no mold and no must anywhere (I also have asthma), and mousekeeping was great. Yes, it was a long walk to OPR, but who cares, the grounds were beautiful. I'd definitely stay here again.

Tom

I am really worried about this! We had to stay at CBR with our free dining PIN and when I started reading about the resort the musty smell kept being mentioned. However the more I read I decided that so many people were happy at CBR I would just relax and enjoy. Well I am extremely allergic to mold and mildew and if I find myself in a room like this I will not be able to enjoy a thing! I will be sick the whole stay and more!! Does it seem to be one building over another? First floor compared to second? We requested Aruba or Jamaica second floor. Has anyone requested a room change and found that it went easily? Would love some opinions about this! Thanks!!

I'm sure if you have a problem they will happily accommodate. My DS has asthma and didn't have any problems. In my opinion, I think it's from not being able to open any windows and the humidity. I propped my door open with a box from the build a dino from Trex whenever we were in our room. :thumbsup2

shaybay said:

I too am extremely allergic to mold and it is my number one asthma trigger. We've had four stays at CBR without me having any kind of issue. I have had an issue at BC and POFQ and both times Disney had no problem finding us a better room and even moved our stuff while we were out at the parks. So relax and enjoy.

I too am extremely allergic to mold and it is my number one asthma trigger. We've had four stays at CBR without me having any kind of issue. I have had an issue at BC and POFQ and both times Disney had no problem finding us a better room and even moved our stuff while we were out at the parks. So relax and enjoy.
Thank you!! Thank you!! I had decided not to worry about it and got excited to stay at CBR! Sounds just like a place we will love! But with mildew popping up again as a complaint I got worried once again! I needed to hear just this very thing! Now I can relax and count down the days!! Thanks again!

Thank you!! Thank you!! I had decided not to worry about it and got excited to stay at CBR! Sounds just like a place we will love! But with mildew popping up again as a complaint I got worried once again! I needed to hear just this very thing! Now I can relax and count down the days!! Thanks again!

You can always call ahead and ask that they do a special room cleaning since you are allergic to mold/mildew.

We just returned from Caribean beach on sat. We stayed there on our honeymoon in 08, and it was fine. This time we stayed in barbados room 1631 and i a few problems with this room. The room was very clean, but didnt have a fridge.The guy at the front desk informed us not all rooms had refrigerators because of a recall or something, so they were distribute for "medical reasons" only. My wife is 7 months pregnant, and we had a food delivery, so when we called the front desk, they got us a fridge. It was kind of a piece of junk. Set on the highest setting, it would keep water bottles cool, but some pieces of fruit we had in the fridge, turned soft and brown very quickly. The next problem i had with the room was the quality of the workmanship. it was NOT up to disney standards. The toilet was approximately on a 3 degree angle. noticeable if you sat on it. if you would have put a ball on the top of the tank it would have rolled off. The painting was awful in the bathroom. The wall fixtures had paint all over them. the bathroom door was crooked, and had to be kind of forced shut. One final thing is the outlet cover by the sink was broken. As i said not up to disney standards. I think we will stay somwhere else next time.

So I am going to put in my request for a building. I will have a water view room, and is there any real difference between Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45. It will be my first time at this resort. Thanks :cool1:

I returned from our trip a few days ago but this is the first time I have been able to post...I have a more detailed trip report in the UK Trip Planning Forum but really wanted to post the following here too....

I was very nervous about staying at CBR after seeing some of the DIS posts but it definitely exceeded my expectations and I thought it was a lovely resort!
We had a Pirate Room in Trinidad South. The room was lovely and spacious with plenty of storage space. It did not have a fridge as they had been recalled. Luckily, I knew from another post on the DIS (thanks you!) that we could claim credit for not having a fridge (which was annoying at times as we could not store any milk or keep drinks/snacks cold) so when I checked out, I asked if the credit was available and they gave me $210.00 credit. They will not necessarily tell you about this credit so you do need to ask for it.
The walk from Trinidad South to Old Port Royale was no problem at all - five minutes tops - and I don't think any of the rooms would be more than a 5-7 minute walk away.
The resort as a whole is beautiful and tranquil and I found it the perfect setting to contrast the busy parks - it was quiet and even the swimming pools didn't feel overcrowded.
The swimming pools were fab and my boys loved the pirate pool area.
The food court was adequate - nothing special - but we only had breakfast there a couple of days and did not have a problem with it at all.

I loved being able to see the EPCOT fireworks from the beach near our room.

The buses were absolutely fine. Most of the time we waited around five minutes for a bus. I think the longest wait we had was 15 minutes. I think the important thing is to just be patient and understand that although the buses have no set time or route, they will at least be regular. In the room there was a leaflet which told us the travel times to each park and resort, so when planning our journey we just added 20 minute to that time to take into account waiting for a bus. There is more about buses in my full trip report...

The staff at CBR were excellent and couldn't do enough for us. We had some pixie dust sprinkled over us at the start of our trip....
I had ordered a package from Disney Florist for each of my sons to be in our room on the day we arrived. It had autograph books, pens, starter pin trading set and a cuddly mickey and minnie in it among other things. I had arranged for them to be delivered on our arrival day so we had the autograph books and pin trading sets ready for our first day at Magic Kingdom. But the package didn't arrive and there was no answer at Disney Florist.
I went to concierge and a fantastic CM called Taylor was extremely helpful and was making all sorts of calls but unfortunately she could not track down our packages. I explained I was disappointed as they were not cheap and that I expected to get the service I had paid for. I told her I knew it was not her fault but it had left me not knowing what to do. Taylor then arranged autograph books, pin trader sets and a big cuddly Mickey for each of my boys. I was so grateful and so were the boys at this point as they were so tired from travelling and I was having to spend time sorting this problem out. The packages did finally arrive a day later and Disney Florist hadn't embroided the bags and hats which I had also paid for. I called them and they gave us a decent refund for all the inconvenience and mistakes made. I was impressed with their willingness to rectify the problems as best they could.

All in all - I would definitely stay here again. It was perfect for our needs and want we wanted from our two week trip to Disney.

If anyone has any questions then I would be very happy to try and help!

I just got back from a trip to CBR and had a lot of second guessing as to all the negative reviews on here. Plus, my previous trips were OKW and GF. Well, my room in Aruba - 5408 was clean, no mold and no must anywhere (I also have asthma), and mousekeeping was great. Yes, it was a long walk to OPR, but who cares, the grounds were beautiful. I'd definitely stay here again.

Tom

I'm with you on this Tom! We probably passed eachpther at some point without realising it! Glad you had a great trip! :goodvibes

We just got back from CBR too!! We checked in on 10/27 and out on 11/4. I wonder who of you I saw there? :wave2:

We stayed in Jamaica 41, 1st floor. The room was clean, no moldy smell. We had a working fridge. Mousekeeping was great, we didn't need them every day and one of the days we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door they dropped off a bag of clean towels and TP anyway. At one point we had 12 clean bath towels in our room. :rotfl: The room was nice and big, plenty big enough for my family of 5 with our stroller and pack-and-play. The walk to OPR was not bad at all, I looked at the map and thought it was going to be awful but it kind of felt like when you're staying at a big hotel and have to walk all the way from one end of the hall to the elevators to get to the pool. Definitely too far to use the mugs conveniently but the walk to go swimming or eat was no big deal. Plus it's so pretty and relaxing!! One night on our way home we had an impromptu sand-digging session while I sat on a hammock. Very nice memory. :)

The kids loved the pool. I had hoped my 2-year-old would like the enclosed pirate baby pool - one time with the water in the face and he was done, lol. But that wasn't the pool's fault. It was warm and there were plenty of life jackets and towels.

In Jamaica we were nearly always first to be picked up and dropped off, it was great. And I can't ever remember waiting for a bus for longer than a few minutes. Bell services was wonderful. The food at OPR was fresh and plentiful. The whole resort was clean. Concierge was helpful the few times I needed them.

All in all we loved CBR and would stay again in a heartbeat.

I don't have any real good pics other than the room but my room pics look just like the ones I've seen on here. I should have taken more!!

All in all - I would definitely stay here again. It was perfect for our needs and want we wanted from our two week trip to Disney.

All in all we loved CBR and would stay again in a heartbeat.

I am so glad you both enjoyed CBR as much as we do. :beach: And thank you for coming back here and posting about your stays. CBR does seem to get a lot of bad press, so to speak. So it's nice to have these good reports to go along with the not so great ones.:thumbsup2

This is our go to moderate. We have never had any issues with the cleanliness or smell of the room. I am pretty picky too:rotfl2: I bring tape to check for certain critters!:rotfl2: We have always enjoyed our stay and mousekeeping has always done the little extras for us:thumbsup2
We are going back again in Feb and cant wait!

Just booked CBR for the last 4 nights of our 9-night stay next month! I was super excited to snag this resort so last minute (was at ASMo, but wanted to try some place new), and I just opened this page to quite a few negative reviews, making me extremely nervous now :confused3

I hope I will be pleasantly surprised. Does anyone have suggestions as to room locations? We have a water/pool view booked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter