Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time next week we will be settling down for our first night at CBR!!! I am so stoked! :cool1:

Weird thing I noticed playing around in the MDE...when I did online check-in and modified the amenities, I had chosen corner room, top floor. When I went back in, I see that I have Jamaica, Aruba, 2nd floor, Corner room chosen (we are booked with a water view). I don't remember ever choosing a building/Island. I don't know what to do now, I am afraid to touch it! I don't want it cancelling out all my requests. I guess I will just leave it and let the cards fall where they may. No worries, mon. Right?! Life's a beach, and wherever we are will be good (or this mom will be asking to move, lol). :beach:

For those that asked about getting to the MK by 8:00 a.m. We waited for a bus to the MK at Jamaica at about 7:30 and we definitely weren't there when they opened the gates. I would think 7 or 715 would be a smarter time to catch a bus, given this is the longest ride to the parks. This also makes a difference on what building you are staying in. Like I said earlier, our bus filled up at our stop (Jamaica, the first one) and it went right by the other three buildings that day. Hope this helps.

Thanks for say this! I was at Barbados last week and swore the buses never stopped when we saw two MK buses enter the resort! This confirms it:)

For those that asked about getting to the MK by 8:00 a.m. We waited for a bus to the MK at Jamaica at about 7:30 and we definitely weren't there when they opened the gates. I would think 7 or 715 would be a smarter time to catch a bus, given this is the longest ride to the parks. This also makes a difference on what building you are staying in. Like I said earlier, our bus filled up at our stop (Jamaica, the first one) and it went right by the other three buildings that day. Hope this helps.

Thank you :thumbsup2

Ok. I am definitely "earning my ears" because I can't seem to quote the right comments when I reply. Sorry.

So excited....booked our CBR reservations for next Sept!! Took care of photopass today too now if the next 349 days would just go by quickly pixiedust:

We are checking in on October 19 and we got the fridge letter yesterday...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using DISBoards

We check in oct 31st and received our fridge letter last week...:sad: and does anyone know if you request a building how likely you are to get the building?

and does anyone know if you request a building how likely you are to get the building?

It's hard to say as it depends on occupancy, how many others have requested the building you want, etc. We have gotten our requests, Jamaica 45 and 2nd floor, our last 3 trips.

We have booked a preferred room for early Nov. and haven't stayed at CB for several years. Should I request Trinidad or Martinique & why? We have always stayed in Martinique. For instance, but issues...
TIA

We requested Jamaica 42 and when we checked in last Wed. we got the location, but not the exact building. She said it was because we were requesting 3 rooms together and that they were 98% occupied. (It did not feel near that crowded at the resort!!).
Also, I meant to write in my previous email...many people were complaining about the double beds and the new sheets, lack of comforters, etc. I am a person that likes to be "bundled up" in bed if the air is on, but I had no issues last week. Granted there are not big fluffy things on the bed, there was enough to keep me warm. We usually sleep in a queen at home and I thought being in a double would be tough for consecutive days, but it also wasn't an issue. Maybe we were just so exhausted from the parks we were happy to not be standing anymore??? :)

We requested Jamaica 42 and when we checked in last Wed. we got the location, but not the exact building. She said it was because we were requesting 3 rooms together and that they were 98% occupied. (It did not feel near that crowded at the resort!!).
Also, I meant to write in my previous email...many people were complaining about the double beds and the new sheets, lack of comforters, etc. I am a person that likes to be "bundled up" in bed if the air is on, but I had no issues last week. Granted there are not big fluffy things on the bed, there was enough to keep me warm. We usually sleep in a queen at home and I thought being in a double would be tough for consecutive days, but it also wasn't an issue. Maybe we were just so exhausted from the parks we were happy to not be standing anymore??? :)

I can't read this entire thread so can you tell me about the new bedding? Last time we were there the beds had Nemo spreads on them. Has that changed? Are they updating the rooms? We'd be back in a minute if they switch to queens.

Got my MagicBands today!!! Getting excited now!! Quick question...can I request 2 connecting rooms via online check in? I noted it on my original ressie when it was made but just want to make sure. Thanks.

I can't read this entire thread so can you tell me about the new bedding? Last time we were there the beds had Nemo spreads on them. Has that changed? Are they updating the rooms? We'd be back in a minute if they switch to queens.

The "new" bedding is what I've seen at several other resorts....a white sheet, a light blanket and another sheet on top. The Nemo bedspreads are gone but still make an appearance. Here's a picture posted by PhoenixStrength just a few weeks ago:

062_zpse25a8126.jpg

**Edited to add: I forgot to answer the update/queen bed question. I spoke directly to someone at the CBR (not a call center number) and they confirmed that the rooms are getting a refurb and queen beds beginning April, 2014.

I just wanted to let people know that just because you get one of those fridge letters in the mail, doesn't mean you won't get a fridge. Our letter actually arrived at our house while we were at CBR, and we did have a working fridge in our room. So don't let that letter make you nervous. Hope this helps. :)

The "new" bedding is what I've seen at several other resorts....a white sheet, a light blanket and another sheet on top. The Nemo bedspreads are gone but still make an appearance. Here's a picture posted by PhoenixStrength just a few weeks ago:

062_zpse25a8126.jpg

**Edited to add: I forgot to answer the update/queen bed question. I spoke directly to someone at the CBR (not a call center number) and they confirmed that the rooms are getting a refurb and queen beds beginning April, 2014.

:cheer2::cheer2:WAHOOO Queen beds!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter