Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We might be seeing each other checking in, Ninamouse!!! It won't be long now, it will just seem that way!

Tom

We just got back from our stay. We had a king bed room in Aruba 54.

While the resort was nice, it was just too spread out for us. We have mobility issues and to go eat we had to drive the car to Port Royale or build the scooters which were disassembled in the car since the walk was way too long for us. I had requested Jamiaca or Martinique (non-preferred). When we checked in we were told we had Aruba 51 which would have been much better but upon getting to Aruba we realized it was really Aruba 54 all the way by the parking area so about as far in Aruba 54 as you can get.

We are trying to go to a moderate once a year and this is our second. For our purposes, we would probably stick to POFQ from the two we have tried as the size of that moderate is perfect for us. We still have to try POR and CSR (which I think will give us the same size issues). The only way I would stay at CBR again is paying for a preferred room.

We did have a refrigerator but we also had requested one for medical reasons so I don't know if it was there already or placed because of our request.

We are here now! Yay!! Day 2 of our stay and we are LOVING CBR!!!! We are in a pirate room in Trinidad South #36! Will try to post pictures once we return home.

Yes we have a Frig and it is working fine. The walk to OPR is only 7-10 minutes at a nice lazy pace! Buses comes every few minutes and since we are the last stop it takes no time to get to the parks (just a few extra minutes coming back at night bc we are the last village dropped off, but not bad).

We just got back from our stay. We had a king bed room in Aruba 54.

While the resort was nice, it was just too spread out for us. We have mobility issues and to go eat we had to drive the car to Port Royale or build the scooters which were disassembled in the car since the walk was way too long for us. I had requested Jamiaca or Martinique (non-preferred). When we checked in we were told we had Aruba 51 which would have been much better but upon getting to Aruba we realized it was really Aruba 54 all the way by the parking area so about as far in Aruba 54 as you can get.

We are trying to go to a moderate once a year and this is our second. For our purposes, we would probably stick to POFQ from the two we have tried as the size of that moderate is perfect for us. We still have to try POR and CSR (which I think will give us the same size issues). The only way I would stay at CBR again is paying for a preferred room.

We did have a refrigerator but we also had requested one for medical reasons so I don't know if it was there already or placed because of our request.

I'm sorry that you didn't get your requests as I am sure that it would have allowed you to enjoy your stay more.

We've stayed at French Quarter and it is, indeed, much smaller than the CBR. After having stayed at the CBR many times, the small size of the French Quarter was an actual turn off for us. But, I can certainly see why you'd like the resort's size if you have mobility issues.

On our last trip to WDW, we rode over to CSR to look around and, as you fear, it is quite large. We walked all around the resort and it felt big. I think that it's layout made it feel bigger than the CBR.

We are here now! Yay!! Day 2 of our stay and we are LOVING CBR!!!! We are in a pirate room in Trinidad South #36! Will try to post pictures once we return home.

Yes we have a Frig and it is working fine. The walk to OPR is only 7-10 minutes at a nice lazy pace! Buses comes every few minutes and since we are the last stop it takes no time to get to the parks (just a few extra minutes coming back at night bc we are the last village dropped off, but not bad).

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your stay! Please take lots of pictures of your room and the resort to share with those of us who still have long waits.

Sounds great so far! You even have a fridge!
I can't wait to hear the rest of your report about the pirate rooms it's coming up soon for us. My DS is so excited.

Fortunately I read the boards~ we didn't get notice that MB were available for our stay! Those of you who got notice, was it EM? I have a PAP and still seem to miss getting stuff mailed from WDW!

Yay! I cannot wait! Did you get Magic Bands? I got mine customised yesterday :-) :-)

I customized mine last week. I didn't think I was getting any and out of the blue they were on the website as being ready to customize. I got my MickeyMail yesterday too -- my band wasn't in there, I don't know if it comes seperate cover or if I have to wait until I get in the World. Otherwise my DME yellow luggage tag was in there as well as my Mickey luggage tags.

31 days but who is counting?

Tom

Fortunately I read the boards~ we didn't get notice that MB were available for our stay! Those of you who got notice, was it EM? I have a PAP and still seem to miss getting stuff mailed from WDW!

I didn't get an email or any other correspondence. Last week I logged on MyDisneyExperience, it was on there.

Tom

We are here now, our first time at CBR. We paid for preferred and got Martinique 26, great location and totally worth it!! Love it here, this is my new favorite resort! Both of our rooms had fridges and the pools are the best I've seen yet! I was worried about the negative reviews but am so happy here. The rooms are very spacious and have lots of storage.

We are here now, our first time at CBR. We paid for preferred and got Martinique 26, great location and totally worth it!! Love it here, this is my new favorite resort! Both of our rooms had fridges and the pools are the best I've seen yet! I was worried about the negative reviews but am so happy here. The rooms are very spacious and have lots of storage.

Good to hear another positive review! We stayed in Martinique 26 once and it was a fabulous location. Take lots of pictures to share!

I just wanted to say "thanks again" to all on this thread (and shout outs to dansdad, mickeystoontown, and phoenixstrength) for all the helpful hints and advice the past few months. We check into CBR this Saturday for a week and you all have been extremely helpful! :thumbsup2

I just wanted to say "thanks again" to all on this thread (and shout outs to dansdad, mickeystoontown, and phoenixstrength) for all the helpful hints and advice the past few months. We check into CBR this Saturday for a week and you all have been extremely helpful! :thumbsup2

You are very welcome! I hope that you fall in love with the resort just as my family has.

You are so very welcome! Have a great time and I'm sure you will fall in love with CBR, I certainly did! :goodvibes

Does anyone know if your FastPasses have to be customized by a certain date? I know the MagicBands did.. ( we did it just in time)

I saw on another site that WDW is implementing a new property-wide pool bar menu that will include a selection of craft beers. I admittedly am a bit of a beer snob so I am curious to know if the new pool bar menu has made its way to CBR.

Thanks for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter