Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen any details on how to contact CBR management directly. In the past, I have had good luck going through Guest Relations in giving kudos to a CBR CM.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I received a reply 2-3 days later thanking me for taking the time to praise the CM. It also stated that my email would be passed on to their management and a copy put into their file.

Ah, thanks! :goodvibes (Should've remembered I used that same email address for a compliment on another resort.)

Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22, and 23 are all the closest non-preferred locations. We happen to like Jamaica 45. They are all an under 5 minute stroll to the main pool.

We like these spots, We enjoy the stroll over Caribbean Cay, its a very pretty walk. and not to far

Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22, and 23 are all the closest non-preferred locations. We happen to like Jamaica 45. They are all an under 5 minute stroll to the main pool.

Thank you so much!! We don't really need a preferred room, just wanted to be closer to main pool area!

We're here now in Jamaica 43 and really like the location. Was bummed at first that they didn't give me my bldg request, but it's actually a great spot.

Love to relax on the beach and take a dip in the pool and play on the water slides with my DD7. The playground is nice too, but we got ATTACKED by gnats or something, it was horrible, couldn't stay long.

Joining this thread! Is there another CBR thread too?? If so, can someone link me to it ?? Thanks!! I am going up in November!! Super Excited!! No kids this trip!:cool1:

We're spending our first kid-free trip at CBR in November, too!

Hello

What are the options that are available for online check in?
Does it give all the options of the villages and does it let you request top or ground floor?

Hello

Does it give all the options of the villages and does it let you request top or ground floor?

We have not gone since they changed the online check in system so I am not sure. But the tried and true method of making requests is still to call and have them added to your reservation. Then you are not tied to whatever options are available during online check in.

Hello

They list the villages (except Trinidad South since those are the pirate rooms), ground floor, top floor, corner room, near transportation, water view. You can choose 2.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I just got back from staying there and have to say I am a new fan. We stayed here because there were six of us at WDW, I got my son and his friend one room while my husband and I & my daughter and her best friend shared beds in the second connecting room. I got the rooms for about $140/ night each and we all fit perfectly. At first I wasn't thrilled because it looks so big and, at first blush- less Disneyfied that other resorts but I was so wrong.

At first there was a snafu, I am newly diagnosed handicapped due to arthritis and was worried about how big the place is so I had requested, 3 separate phone calls, a room near the bridge that would allow me to easily walk to the main pool etc. so buildings 51 or 45 Aruba or Jamaica. Mind you I called 3 times and at no point did they tell me I need to call the front desk directly about this - so make a note if it applies. When I arrived to check in at 10:30pm I discovered no one made any notes about this although they did have the fact my kids have asthma, and they put me much further out... so I just sort of cried worrying how I'd get around. I was tired and not feeling well and upset because since we had the kids friends we didn't go with The Polynesian which would have made everything easier on me so I sat and waited. It took about an hour, their first accommodation was to move us to Sarasota Springs, and although I mean no offense to fans, this is actually the one and only property I actually dislike the look of so I got even more upset and by the next time this woman came out they found us a spot. I wasn't expecting an upgrade because that's not how Disney usually does things, & really just wanted a walking distance room but I guess the fact it was a Thursday night softened the Mouses heart because we not only got convenient rooms but it was right in front of a pool. So yay for that, but this isn't why it was special.

The big pool was totally adorable, but full of little kids so for our 4 teens said in their words, "We're not about that lifestyle anymore" decided to settle in at the quiet pool and spent hours and hours happily playing water Frisbee & water catch so that worked wonderfully - The Poly probably wouldn't have given them the same escape because there are fewer pools.

AT night, after cleaning up and dinner, a nice walk around the lake was just blissful. We were in Martinique so I walked out to the walkway and made a right, enjoyed a hammock and dug my feet in the sand for a while before continuing along the walkway. The long wooden decks are just beautiful and as I rounded Barbados I saw a glimpse of fireworks and stopped to walk into the parking lot where I got an amazing view of The EPCOT firework show - just be warned I also got seriously bitten up by mosquitoes so use bug spray. After this I continued on my walk around and was able to enjoy listening to the Disney movie playing over at the big pool, so I stopped and grabbed another hammock while I was serenaded by Disney songs. It was just heaven. After a while I continued on to the walkway through Caribbean Cay to the big pool and really enjoyed seeing all the happy families and their little children splash and laugh in the zero entry pool. Next I stopped in Old Port Royale - at which point my daughter called to see if I was ok LOL, I was fine just people watching a bit. So I walked back past all the happy kids lined up in chairs watching the Disney movie of the night with their parents enjoying some grown up time at the bar area right alongside them and I thought to my self that this is, by far, the nicest family friendly set up I've been to. Now I haven't stayed at absolutely every resort (although its a quest of mine) but I walked away thinking that this is where I'm bringing my grandkids in 10-15 years :goodvibes

The busses were timely, the food court food was fine, internet reception was fine, phone reception was fine. Basically, other than the first night confusion it was as bump free as possible - loved it & so did everyone else in my group

That's my Caribbean Beach story, if you are going you'll probably love it

I just got back from staying there and have to say I am a new fan. We stayed here because there were six of us at WDW, I got my son and his friend one room while my husband and I & my daughter and her best friend shared beds in the second connecting room. I got the rooms for about $140/ night each and we all fit perfectly. At first I wasn't thrilled because it looks so big and, at first blush- less Disneyfied that other resorts but I was so wrong.

At first there was a snafu, I am newly diagnosed handicapped due to arthritis and was worried about how big the place is so I had requested, 3 separate phone calls, a room near the bridge that would allow me to easily walk to the main pool etc. so buildings 51 or 45 Aruba or Jamaica. Mind you I called 3 times and at no point did they tell me I need to call the front desk directly about this - so make a note if it applies. When I arrived to check in at 10:30pm I discovered no one made any notes about this although they did have the fact my kids have asthma, and they put me much further out... so I just sort of cried worrying how I'd get around. I was tired and not feeling well and upset because since we had the kids friends we didn't go with The Polynesian which would have made everything easier on me so I sat and waited. It took about an hour, their first accommodation was to move us to Sarasota Springs, and although I mean no offense to fans, this is actually the one and only property I actually dislike the look of so I got even more upset and by the next time this woman came out they found us a spot. I wasn't expecting an upgrade because that's not how Disney usually does things, & really just wanted a walking distance room but I guess the fact it was a Thursday night softened the Mouses heart because we not only got convenient rooms but it was right in front of a pool. So yay for that, but this isn't why it was special.

The big pool was totally adorable, but full of little kids so for our 4 teens said in their words, "We're not about that lifestyle anymore" decided to settle in at the quiet pool and spent hours and hours happily playing water Frisbee & water catch so that worked wonderfully - The Poly probably wouldn't have given them the same escape because there are fewer pools.

AT night, after cleaning up and dinner, a nice walk around the lake was just blissful. We were in Martinique so I walked out to the walkway and made a right, enjoyed a hammock and dug my feet in the sand for a while before continuing along the walkway. The long wooden decks are just beautiful and as I rounded Barbados I saw a glimpse of fireworks and stopped to walk into the parking lot where I got an amazing view of The EPCOT firework show - just be warned I also got seriously bitten up by mosquitoes so use bug spray. After this I continued on my walk around and was able to enjoy listening to the Disney movie playing over at the big pool, so I stopped and grabbed another hammock while I was serenaded by Disney songs. It was just heaven. After a while I continued on to the walkway through Caribbean Cay to the big pool and really enjoyed seeing all the happy families and their little children splash and laugh in the zero entry pool. Next I stopped in Old Port Royale - at which point my daughter called to see if I was ok LOL, I was fine just people watching a bit. So I walked back past all the happy kids lined up in chairs watching the Disney movie of the night with their parents enjoying some grown up time at the bar area right alongside them and I thought to my self that this is, by far, the nicest family friendly set up I've been to. Now I haven't stayed at absolutely every resort (although its a quest of mine) but I walked away thinking that this is where I'm bringing my grandkids in 10-15 years :goodvibes

The busses were timely, the food court food was fine, internet reception was fine, phone reception was fine. Basically, other than the first night confusion it was as bump free as possible - loved it & so did everyone else in my group

What a great report! Thank you! Glad you had such a lovely time. Really looking forward to taking our kids this fall. :yay:

Wow! You're report was so wonderful. I can't wait to be there.

Hi all. I have been reading this thread over several days and making notes. My family and I will be at CBR for our 1st time this Aug. We try a new resort every time we go. We are very much looking forward to this. Thank you for all your great information and knowledge.

Thank you for the great review! We arrive at CBR this Sunday and cannot wait!!:cool1:

How is Shutter's? I saw they have a new chef and it's gotten better, it I haven't seen any recent reviews.

How is Shutter's? I saw they have a new chef and it's gotten better, it I haven't seen any recent reviews.

Much better since the new chef. The service was always great, but before the food was just blah. I'm glad we heard there was a new chef and gave it another try last trip. Yum!:thumbsup2

Much better since the new chef. The service was always great, but before the food was just blah. I'm glad we heard there was a new chef and gave it another try last trip. Yum!:thumbsup2

Any recommended dishes?

Any recommended dishes?

Here's what we had and all 3 of us were very happy.

Appetizers
Chicken Wings tossed in habanero-brown sugar sauce with a side of blue cheese
Mahi Bake Caribbean-style fish tacos with crispy Mahi Mahi, avocado, lettuce, mango salsa, and cilantro-lime sour cream

Entrees

Me - Caribbean Braised Boneless Beef Short Ribs slow cooked in a light curry
sauce, mashed yucca and yukon gold potatoes
DW - Char-crusted 10 ounce New York Strip Steak mashed sweet potatoes,
broccolini and chimichurri
DS - Carved Bone-in Pork - Jalapeno corn pudding, green beans, piquillo
peppers, corn and Black Jack Barbeque sauce

We were all way too stuffed for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter